Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › new to overclocking, 560 TI
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

new to overclocking, 560 TI - Page 4

post #31 of 47
Thread Starter 
I have a Haf 912 guys as my case, my computer actually runs fairly cool during fall/winter with my gpu usually idling around 30-35c. CPU at 28-32 so its fairly cool, just in the summer my room gets very hot very quickly, and it's a little dirty inside as well =).

I think I'm very close to the "sweet" spot for my video card and it seems to be at 980 and memory clocked at 2200. It runs fairly hot though going up to 80c in heaven. When I'm running full load in games it goes up to as high as 70-75 as well, again summer is here.

Anyways it doesn't seem like I can do anything more for my card so thanks for all the help guys.
post #32 of 47
hey guys, i've just switched back to the green zone:D
i didn't use nV-is ever since my old 6200 TurboCharge back in the day, and few days ago i sold my Gigabyte R6850 OC Windforce, and bought the 4-month old MSI gtx560Ti OC TF2...i found it for a great price and it's under guarantee till the end of 2014 so i thought-why not, now that i met the Barts, let's see what a mid range Fermi could do.

When i push the voltage higher its core is able to hit 1+ GHz but there's something strange about the mem...the guy i bought it from had already told me about it-memory doesn't wanna go above the stock 1050MHz, i.e. it crashes.

Did any1 hear for a case like this? I've been patient to read through this thread and it seems that priority for OC should be the core anyway so i don't regret it. but it's kinda strange that a card well-know for it's oc headroom has major problems oc-ing memory. Also, my ex card, R6850, pushed the memory at 1150MHz easily. any thoughts?
Edited by rainbowart - 8/14/12 at 12:09pm
My System
(8 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMOS
Core i5-3570K Gigabyte GTX960 OC Windforce Kingston HyperX Blu 2x2GB @ 1600MHz Win7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 
MonitorPower
Dell U2312HM IPS-LED 23" LC Power 600W 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(8 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMOS
Core i5-3570K Gigabyte GTX960 OC Windforce Kingston HyperX Blu 2x2GB @ 1600MHz Win7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 
MonitorPower
Dell U2312HM IPS-LED 23" LC Power 600W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowart View Post

hey guys, i've just switched back to the green zone:D
i didn't use nV-is ever since my old 6200 TurboCharge back in the day, and few days ago i sold my Gigabyte R6850 OC Windforce, and bought the 4-month old MSI gtx560Ti OC TF2...i found it for a great price and it's under guarantee till the end of 2014 so i thought-why not, now that i met the Barts, let's see what a mid range Fermi could do.
When i push the voltage higher its core is able to hit 1+ GHz but there's something strange about the mem...the guy i bought it from had already told me about it-memory doesn't wanna go above the stock 1050MHz, i.e. it crashes.
Did any1 hear for a case like this? I've been patient to read through this thread and it seems that priority for OC should be the core anyway so i don't regret it. but it's kinda strange that a card well-know for it's oc headroom has major problems oc-ing memory. Also, my ex card, R6850, pushed the memory at 1150MHz easily. any thoughts?

Hmm, I would say that maybe it's a lack of voltage? Some 560 Ti's won't budge unless you crank the voltage to what some might consider "high" like 1.125v and above. If that's not the case I would recommend updating the cards Bios. That seems to occasionally solve problems with being unable to overclock well.
MiniNova
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E5 2637 V3 Asrock X99E-ITX/ac Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! 16GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline @ 2133mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo M.2 250GB WD Caviar Black 2TB Corsair H100i GTX Windows 10 Education Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 34UM95-P ErgoDox EZ EVGA G1 1000W Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries Sensei Steelseries 4HD Beyerdynamic T5p Headphones Schiit Mjolnir 2 Amp / Gungnir USB Gen. 2 DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
MiniNova
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E5 2637 V3 Asrock X99E-ITX/ac Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! 16GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline @ 2133mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo M.2 250GB WD Caviar Black 2TB Corsair H100i GTX Windows 10 Education Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 34UM95-P ErgoDox EZ EVGA G1 1000W Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries Sensei Steelseries 4HD Beyerdynamic T5p Headphones Schiit Mjolnir 2 Amp / Gungnir USB Gen. 2 DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 47
Thread Starter 
Bumping this thread because I'm going to try to maximize the most out of my card now that the heat is gone, its a lot cooler in my room now and temps have dropped significantly. I'm going to push my card to its limits, but I know I won't be reaching 1ghz because it just takes to much volts to make it worthwhile.

Anyways my question now is, what are the safe temps that I should be reaching for? What temps should I be avoiding so it doesn't throttle? It seems like once my card hits to 80c+ it shuts down right away and gets very unstable, would being under 80c the be best for this card? Right now I'm at 990/2250 at 1.062 volts running heaven at max settings it reaches 70c under load. In games I would imagine with 99% gpu usage I will also be sitting around 65-72 I'm assuming. Are those safe temps for gaming 24/7?
post #35 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrywang View Post

Bumping this thread because I'm going to try to maximize the most out of my card now that the heat is gone, its a lot cooler in my room now and temps have dropped significantly. I'm going to push my card to its limits, but I know I won't be reaching 1ghz because it just takes to much volts to make it worthwhile.
Anyways my question now is, what are the safe temps that I should be reaching for? What temps should I be avoiding so it doesn't throttle? It seems like once my card hits to 80c+ it shuts down right away and gets very unstable, would being under 80c the be best for this card? Right now I'm at 990/2250 at 1.062 volts running heaven at max settings it reaches 70c under load. In games I would imagine with 99% gpu usage I will also be sitting around 65-72 I'm assuming. Are those safe temps for gaming 24/7?

Tech specs states 99c is the thermal limit (source)

Having said that, I would avoid temps greater than 80c.

Your current clock / volt / temps seem very good (and normal) to me. thumb.gif

You could also use Afterburner to save a "Summer" profile with lower clocks / volts and have the above as your "Winter" profile. This save having to mess around with clocks & volts as the sessions change.
Edited by Sethy666 - 8/19/12 at 7:25pm
post #36 of 47
Thread Starter 
Yeah I'm going to try to avoid anything above 80c for sure, it just seems like it throttles and goes into shutdown mode after 82-83c.

Weird how I can't overclock past 1ghz. I'm going to try 999 right now to see how it goes.
post #37 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrywang View Post

Yeah I'm going to try to avoid anything above 80c for sure, it just seems like it throttles and goes into shutdown mode after 82-83c.
Weird how I can't overclock past 1ghz. I'm going to try 999 right now to see how it goes.

Luck of the draw Im afraid, as far a the golden 1Ghz is concerned. Sometimes its a balancing act between insane clocks and acceptable temps.

You may get there if you could cool your core more.

Have you considered doing "the mod" or even slapping on the Arctic Hybrid? The temps coming out from those two options are pretty damn good.
post #38 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethy666 View Post

Luck of the draw Im afraid, as far a the golden 1Ghz is concerned. Sometimes its a balancing act between insane clocks and acceptable temps.
You may get there if you could cool your core more.
Have you considered doing "the mod" or even slapping on the Arctic Hybrid? The temps coming out from those two options are pretty damn good.
You could build a custom loop for the price of the arctic hybrid. The mod is by far the best hybrid, if you need something cheap.
post #39 of 47
Thread Starter 
I have honestly no idea what you guys are talking about, but I think my cooling is fine idling around 30-36c at the moment. This is really weird does anybody else have this trouble with the 560 where no matter what you can't past 1ghz unless really high jump in voltage? Right now it seems like I'm stable at 997/2275 at 1.062v. I haven't crashed in Heaven yet or got any artifacts, I can go higher in the memory clocks by 25 or so but for some reason I get about the same score or lower score then at 2275. I will have to try to run bf3 later on though to test its real stability. The temps only go max 74c so far so I think that is good right?
post #40 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrywang View Post

I have honestly no idea what you guys are talking about, but I think my cooling is fine idling around 30-36c at the moment. This is really weird does anybody else have this trouble with the 560 where no matter what you can't past 1ghz unless really high jump in voltage? Right now it seems like I'm stable at 997/2275 at 1.062v. I haven't crashed in Heaven yet or got any artifacts, I can go higher in the memory clocks by 25 or so but for some reason I get about the same score or lower score then at 2275. I will have to try to run bf3 later on though to test its real stability. The temps only go max 74c so far so I think that is good right?

(Please read and see my "560Ti Ghz Edition" Thread in the Validations section of my Signature)

It's not really a problem. It's relatively normal actually with the newer driver versions. For example My 560 Ti would clock to 980Mhz just fine on 1.075v but anything above that it would crash. I spent many hours working with it and finally found out that for some odd reason the card wants a "high" voltage to get the golden 1Ghz. I could set it to 1Ghz and test on any of the volts between 1.062 and 1.115 (in afterburner) and it would lock up, and crash on me. But as soon as I bumped it to 1.125v it runs liquid smooth. thumb.gif

Don't be afraid to set up more than one profile in afterburner. One for gaming (the 1Ghz clock with high volts) and one for everything else (950Mhz clock with 1.062v). Personally I don't, but if you are that worried about "voltage damage" then do that and let your worries fade away. tongue.gif

~Insan1ty
MiniNova
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E5 2637 V3 Asrock X99E-ITX/ac Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! 16GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline @ 2133mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo M.2 250GB WD Caviar Black 2TB Corsair H100i GTX Windows 10 Education Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 34UM95-P ErgoDox EZ EVGA G1 1000W Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries Sensei Steelseries 4HD Beyerdynamic T5p Headphones Schiit Mjolnir 2 Amp / Gungnir USB Gen. 2 DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
MiniNova
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E5 2637 V3 Asrock X99E-ITX/ac Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! 16GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline @ 2133mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo M.2 250GB WD Caviar Black 2TB Corsair H100i GTX Windows 10 Education Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 34UM95-P ErgoDox EZ EVGA G1 1000W Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries Sensei Steelseries 4HD Beyerdynamic T5p Headphones Schiit Mjolnir 2 Amp / Gungnir USB Gen. 2 DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › new to overclocking, 560 TI