Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Qnix QX2700 27" Korean monitor review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Qnix QX2700 27" Korean monitor review - Page 4

post #31 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroid View Post

I will be looking to get the QNIX! That one seems to have what I need. Not sure of tempered glass. I don't really have sunlight crawling into my room and the qnix i want doesn't feature it. This matter?

The monitor is actually really glossy, which can be a blessing or a curse. It isn't matte at all or have any anti-glare coating.
post #32 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaju123 View Post

Does the monitor show up as a QHD270 for anyone else in windows under display options etc for anyone else (a Shimian)? To be precise it shows up as 'QHD270QHD270QHD270'.

Yep
post #33 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaju123 View Post

The monitor is actually really glossy, which can be a blessing or a curse. It isn't matte at all or have any anti-glare coating.
Thanks smile.gif
Can I overclock this particular model?
 
LeatherFace 1974
(14 items)
 
Black Leather
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K (4.4Ghz @1.28) AsRock Extreme 4 Z77 Sapphire HD 7950 Kingston Hyper X Beast 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SanDisk Extreme Western Digital Caviar Green  DVD RAM  EK CoolStream Radiator XT 240mm 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK Supreme LTX CPU Block XSPC X20 750 Pump V4 and Dual Reservoir Combo  Windows 8 Pro x64 3x HP Pavilion 22xi 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K90 Coolermaster GX 750W  Coolermaster HAF X Corsair Vengeance M65 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Fragged Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi PRO Logitech Z553 Roccat Kave  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 960T (4.1Ghz | 1.39v) Asus Crosshair IV Formula Palit GTX 560 Ti 448 Core  Corsair Vengeance 8GB (1667Mhz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi1TB, Seagate 500GB  22x HITACHI LG DVDRAM GH41N, SONY 16X DVD ROM EK-KIT H3O 240 LTX  Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Philips 247E3LPHSU 23.6 inch LED  Razer Lycosa Gaming Keyboard Coolermaster GX-750W NZXT Phantom  
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Abyssus Mirror 3500DPI Gaming Mouse Razer Goliathus Fragged Gaming Mouse Mat  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD PHENOM II X4 B50 @ 3.60ghz from X2 550 BE Asrock M3A785GXH/128M  2x XFX HD Radeon 5830 Crossfire 6GB DDR-3 OCZ 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 320GB 3.5 SATA 22x HITACHI LG DVDRAM GH41N, SONY 16X DVD ROM ARCTIC FREEZER XTREME REV 2 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VH222H 22" Logitech EX100 Wirless 750W ORYXX ULTRA GAMERS Black Ultimate Gaming Case. 
Mouse
Logitech EX100 Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
 
LeatherFace 1974
(14 items)
 
Black Leather
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K (4.4Ghz @1.28) AsRock Extreme 4 Z77 Sapphire HD 7950 Kingston Hyper X Beast 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SanDisk Extreme Western Digital Caviar Green  DVD RAM  EK CoolStream Radiator XT 240mm 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK Supreme LTX CPU Block XSPC X20 750 Pump V4 and Dual Reservoir Combo  Windows 8 Pro x64 3x HP Pavilion 22xi 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K90 Coolermaster GX 750W  Coolermaster HAF X Corsair Vengeance M65 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Fragged Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi PRO Logitech Z553 Roccat Kave  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 960T (4.1Ghz | 1.39v) Asus Crosshair IV Formula Palit GTX 560 Ti 448 Core  Corsair Vengeance 8GB (1667Mhz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi1TB, Seagate 500GB  22x HITACHI LG DVDRAM GH41N, SONY 16X DVD ROM EK-KIT H3O 240 LTX  Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Philips 247E3LPHSU 23.6 inch LED  Razer Lycosa Gaming Keyboard Coolermaster GX-750W NZXT Phantom  
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Abyssus Mirror 3500DPI Gaming Mouse Razer Goliathus Fragged Gaming Mouse Mat  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD PHENOM II X4 B50 @ 3.60ghz from X2 550 BE Asrock M3A785GXH/128M  2x XFX HD Radeon 5830 Crossfire 6GB DDR-3 OCZ 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 320GB 3.5 SATA 22x HITACHI LG DVDRAM GH41N, SONY 16X DVD ROM ARCTIC FREEZER XTREME REV 2 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VH222H 22" Logitech EX100 Wirless 750W ORYXX ULTRA GAMERS Black Ultimate Gaming Case. 
Mouse
Logitech EX100 Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 195
Thread Starter 
You might be able to get it switched for a new one. This "picture perfect" guarentee includes bad cases of lightbleed.
post #35 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by rune3400 View Post

You might be able to get it switched for a new one. This "picture perfect" guarentee includes bad cases of lightbleed.

Not really sure if I can deal with all the hassle of sending it back etc, would be expensive and not sure how long it would take to get one back again (I live in the UK).

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
post #36 of 195
I got a Qnix WX2700 about a week ago from bigclothcraft.

I've tried getting it going on a GT210, a GT440 and now a GT640 to no avail.

If I plug it in together with a second monitor, only the second monitor (hdmi at standard hd resolution) works fine but the qnix does not show up as an additional monitor and the powerlight stays red.

If I try to boot to the qnix as the sole monitor, I get the bios screen and the windows boot logo but then as windows is ready to show me the desktop, the green light turns to red and the monitor apparently turns off.

I've tried two different dvi-dual cables.

I noticed the power adapter that came with it only read 230V in so I bought a 200W 110 to 220v transformer (not the little travel type, but a legit heavy one). The results are unchanged.

I know it isn't dead because I see the bios and boot screens but I'm at wits end to figure out what is going on.

Is there some higher level tweaking tool I can use instead of the nvidia control panel? Is there anything else to try?

I'd rather not send this back to korea.
post #37 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhelsten View Post

I got a Qnix WX2700 about a week ago from bigclothcraft.

I've tried getting it going on a GT210, a GT440 and now a GT640 to no avail.

If I plug it in together with a second monitor, only the second monitor (hdmi at standard hd resolution) works fine but the qnix does not show up as an additional monitor and the powerlight stays red.

If I try to boot to the qnix as the sole monitor, I get the bios screen and the windows boot logo but then as windows is ready to show me the desktop, the green light turns to red and the monitor apparently turns off.

I've tried two different dvi-dual cables.

I noticed the power adapter that came with it only read 230V in so I bought a 200W 110 to 220v transformer (not the little travel type, but a legit heavy one). The results are unchanged.

I know it isn't dead because I see the bios and boot screens but I'm at wits end to figure out what is going on.

Is there some higher level tweaking tool I can use instead of the nvidia control panel? Is there anything else to try?

I'd rather not send this back to korea.

I also bought this monitor and I am having the same problem except that I do not even see bios/startup. The screen flickers and the power light turns red instantly. I would also rather not send the monitor back if there is nothing wrong with it.

I am currently using this monitor on a Sapphire HD7950 Vapor-X.
post #38 of 195
Try reinstalling windows! Sounds like a driver problem possibly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
post #39 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaju123 View Post

Try reinstalling windows! Sounds like a driver problem possibly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I am using this on a fresh install of Windows 7. I have also downloaded the latest catalyst drivers (12.8).

Dhelsten said that he/she used a transformer which didn't help but since I am not even seeing the bios/startup screen, is it possible that my problem could be the adapter? I have searched the other Korean monitor threads and it seems like it seems like some people are solving it using a new power adapter.

I am going to ask some friends if they have an adapter that works with this monitor and if not then I will try ordering one of those replacement adapters from ebay.
post #40 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbo1990 View Post

I also bought this monitor and I am having the same problem except that I do not even see bios/startup. The screen flickers and the power light turns red instantly. I would also rather not send the monitor back if there is nothing wrong with it.
I am currently using this monitor on a Sapphire HD7950 Vapor-X.

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1157&pid=1547&psn=&lid=1&leg=0

That's because you have a dual-link DVI-I port, not Dual-link DVI-D, no?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:DVI_Connector_Types.svg

I hope I'm wrong because I think my video card has the same outputs, though sapphire only says "Dual-Link DVI" without specifying I or D

edit: http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1157&pid=1450&psn=&lid=1&leg=0

which can be fixed, i think , by: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812200644
Edited by Rayyeter - 9/4/12 at 12:02pm
Acestes
(12 items)
 
Aeneas
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-750 MSI P55M-GD45 Radeon 5770 G.Skill DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
Corsair Force F120 Windows 7 Professional LG 47" HDTV Antec Fusion Remote 
  hide details  
Reply
Acestes
(12 items)
 
Aeneas
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-750 MSI P55M-GD45 Radeon 5770 G.Skill DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
Corsair Force F120 Windows 7 Professional LG 47" HDTV Antec Fusion Remote 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Qnix QX2700 27" Korean monitor review