Originally Posted by decali
This looks great
so far, good work!
Thanks for the feedback :D
I really like the 24-hour user history, it's a format I'm not used to seeing (e.g. EOC, or the fantastic TC/Coremageddon site by sks72/1337LutZ/BWG).
Yeah, it's a work-in progress right now. Here are the eventual plans for the user history:
- User Page Hourly: Keep as it is
- User Page Daily: Keep as it is and add a calendar view of entire month
- User Weekly, Monthly: Keep as it is
- User Detailed Hourly Page: Not a clue what to do with it. Since it has so much data, I could easily use that for the Calendar view of the month. Each day of the month would lead to a graph containing the hourly stats for that day. Not really sure how to represent all the raw hourly data on one page though, I'm open to suggestions.
- Looks like a calendar
- Each day leads to a daily graph
- Header of graph shows month, year, points
- I'm thinking that for each day's "box", show the date, points for the day, and fill the background of the box with a "bar" who's height is relative to the highest points day for that month (ex. Highest PPD was 33k, Oct. 1st had a PPD of only 15k, the backgournd of that day on the calendar is only half full.
- Add an 8th columm with the PPD for that week
- Show the previous month and next month on the first and last week to make them full weeks on the calendar
Personally, I think the passkeys on the TC are a bit distracting. If you'd like to keep them, perhaps shifting them to the right (less intrusive?) would be less distracting? That said, I'm not active in TC so perhaps they like it there.
I'm focusing on getting the regular user list working then it's an easy copy/paste/change a couple flags.
Removing the passkeys has been brought up before. I believe the decision was to remove passkeys from the main list and show them on the user's detail page.
Currently passkey tracking is broken though, Stanford doesn't like me stealing stats every hour. I may have to change passkey based tracking to be every 3 hours instead.
I'd also like to add a drop-down list to the list pages so you can change the "folders per page" yourself. Also I'd like to add check-box drop-down that would have checkboxes for filtering the list:
- 3-day PPD > "Enter Amount"
- 7-day PPD > "Enter Amount"
- Points > "Enter Amount"
- TC: Category
- TC: Team
- TC: Ex-folder
- TC: Div: "Enter 1, 2, 3"
- Coremageddon: same idea
The foldathon section is just really well done (though I'll have to check it out during a foldathon, ha!). I like the links to OCN, status (i.e. "No foldathon currently going on"), few data (just the two figures, a good amount).
Thanks, the landing pages are really basic and generic copies of the home page with specific links added. Any recommendations are appreciated.
The indicator of what category is being used to sort (i.e. the up or down arrow) is nice, non-distracting. Is this bugged for the users with rank 0 on the team?
It looks great on Firefox 16! Awesome work, can't wait to see what you do with the Coremageddon (though the aforementioned TC site did a great job with Coremageddon, so personally I'd place us on a lower priority if other work needs to be done)
On a completely different note, I've updated my "Looking for Logos" thread with screen shots of the beta NavBar I'm working on. Basically the top half (above the line) will be the same mouse-over to show the bottom half. The bottom-half will be converted to 64 x 64 px logos though instead.
I'm thinking that the actual logo would be 58x58 with a 3 pixel solid border with rounded edges and 3 pixels of space between logos.
"Looking for Logos" Thread:
Link to beta page:
Screenshots form other thread:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)