Been a while since we're all very busy.
First of all I want to thank Youri Vandevelde
From the very start he has been a Red Harbinger 'fan' and he made a FAQ by gathering all questions and answers from all forums and facebook.Red Harbinger FAQ
Also added this link to the topic start and will be updated constantly.
If you have any other questions ... shoot
We had a lot of changes in the desk.
Example of only 10 of the 40 changes of the last 5 weeks.
- Less screws on the vanity plate/leg plating.
- Have a stand-off PEM under the top and middle portion of the right side tray to prevent sagging.
- PEM's on inside of legs to attach the bottom leg rest, top to chassis, and rear to backplate.
- Added faster bottom access panel removal/install option.
- Tube holes near cpu just as high as the holes in the middle/bridge.
- Center bridge monitor cabling section has a screw in the way.
- 5.25" slots too narrow cause of powdercoat.
- HDD tray hole covers
- Fan connector space on left and right.
- Grommet holes beneath 5.25" trays.
Lots of things you find out once you have a prototype to test.
For this specific build I also have a small problem
The prototype intended for me to test appeared to be a dual pc desk.
Wouldn't have been a problem except there were no single pc desk 'firewall' and 'HDD-tray'.
Manufacturing a single set in the US with the same powdercoat and sending it to Holland would be too expensive.
So decided to build a dual pc desk .. Need to be tested anyway.
Still need to arrange the hardware but that will hopefully work out.
Off course I also needed a place to build and test this desk....
When I just took the picture from this corner my wife ... never mind .... no option
Attic? Nah, need to tidy it up then. Now I know exactly where everything is
(It is a bit cleaned up as we speak though)
Last option ... the spare room.
After moving the desk upstairs it did get a bit crowded.
Went shopping for some cabinets.
Assembled the legs to make it more firm.
(This design has already been changed, improved and lowered)
Firm enough for now.
First thing to test ... mainboard layout
And off course sitting behind it after a long day.
This weekend more about the to be used hardware and watercooling.