Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Creative] Creative Introduces the Sound Blaster Z-Series
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Creative] Creative Introduces the Sound Blaster Z-Series - Page 11  

post #101 of 300

What is the best creative card in the market now?

 

Isn't it going to be this one?

post #102 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

What is the best creative card in the market now?

Isn't it going to be this one?

If my X-Fi Titanium were to go kaput, I'd likely replace it with the Zx. The Recon3D specs are far below the specs of the Z series from what little info has been released.

That said, I can't see a real reason to upgrade while my X-Fi is still working fine.
Fireball
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.7GHz ASUS P8P67 PRO EVGA 780 SC ACX SLI G.Skill 8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Noctua NH-U12S | 2x NF-F12 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell U2913WM - 2560x1080 - 75Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wireless Illuminated K800 Corsair AX750 Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries 4HD Creative Soud Blaster X7 Sennheiser PC 360 Headset Sony SS-MB150H Bookshelf Speakers 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X Logitech G13 TrackIR 5 / TrackClip Pro Google Nexus 7 
  hide details  
Fireball
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.7GHz ASUS P8P67 PRO EVGA 780 SC ACX SLI G.Skill 8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Noctua NH-U12S | 2x NF-F12 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell U2913WM - 2560x1080 - 75Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wireless Illuminated K800 Corsair AX750 Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries 4HD Creative Soud Blaster X7 Sennheiser PC 360 Headset Sony SS-MB150H Bookshelf Speakers 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X Logitech G13 TrackIR 5 / TrackClip Pro Google Nexus 7 
  hide details  
post #103 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

What is the best creative card in the market now?

Isn't it going to be this one?

ZXR when released (At least from a hardware perspective). Creative Marketing claims it's the "best".

Won't know until tested objectively. Ofc, subjective preference can play a part.
Edited by Skylit - 10/27/12 at 1:19pm
post #104 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinfinion View Post


If my X-Fi Titanium were to go kaput, I'd likely replace it with the Zx. The Recon3D specs are far below the specs of the Z series from what little info has been released.
That said, I can't see a real reason to upgrade while my X-Fi is still working fine.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post


ZXR when released.

 

Yeah I will definitely aim for the Z series. XR might be too much for me. I might just go with the Z model. The basic one.

 

I just don't like the XFI software now. I have to select everything again when I reboot my PC and I don't like it.

post #105 of 300
Z/ZX are Xonar DX competitors ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akheton View Post

Hmm, think I'll stick with my titanium hd. It just doesn't seem like Creative is actually doing any technical progress with these new series of cards (Recon3D, now this). They seem more concerned with marketing the looks and the products they bundle with the sound cards rather than marketing the quality of the sound cards themselves.

Zxr looks a little better from what I can see on hardware. Granted there's a steep price point.
Edited by Skylit - 10/27/12 at 1:22pm
post #106 of 300
I'll just stick with my Omega Claro Halo.
Raven
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 W3520 EVGA X58 FTW3 Sapphire HD 5970 6 GB Mushkin Red Line 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 x2 (Raid 0) Asus Blu-Ray / Sony Optiarc DVD Windows 7 / Mint Linux Yamakasi Catleap Q270 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech UltraSlim ys-x49 Corsair 850 Watt HAF 932 MX500 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries IceMat (Black) HT|Omega Claro Halo 
  hide details  
Raven
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 W3520 EVGA X58 FTW3 Sapphire HD 5970 6 GB Mushkin Red Line 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 x2 (Raid 0) Asus Blu-Ray / Sony Optiarc DVD Windows 7 / Mint Linux Yamakasi Catleap Q270 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech UltraSlim ys-x49 Corsair 850 Watt HAF 932 MX500 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries IceMat (Black) HT|Omega Claro Halo 
  hide details  
post #107 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesekiwi View Post

"80mW into 600 ohm" = the only section that isn't marketing talk.

Pardon my ignorance, but can someone tell me the difference between all these new soundcard types creative love to produce? As it really seems to me as though they pump out cards so fast just to make their profit figures look nice.

I mean really, i have friends who run pretty old tech and even older soundcards, that, for the most part, still do everything even my newer ones do fine - sometimes without as many problems, either. I fail to understand the real reason behind so many soundcard releases when older cards work fine, unless it's of course, for profit. It's time they could better invest in actually making their drivers better, which, from past experience, has always been dodgey at best and far and few between. (Convenient, that.)

I suddenly reminded myself of the entire Daniel_K thing there (third party driver creator Creative didn't take kindly to "repairing" their drivers) I'm sure at least some of you guys remember that.

With all this in mind, i can't help but feel bad whenever i'm on the market for a new soundcard, knowing full well that, likely, much older stuff is still plenty capable of doing what i need when compared to current tech. Creativelabs is especially one of those companies i find difficult to trust, and i do regret investing in any of their products now i have them.
Edited by Thingamajig - 10/27/12 at 2:33pm
post #108 of 300
Should i tart feeling inadequate with my xonar dg now ?
Kara
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asus Maximus Hero VIII ASUS Strix 980 TI GSKILL Ripjaws V (2X8 gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston Hyper X Savage Crucial M500  Corsair H110i GTX Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 2420TE Corsair Strafe (MX Browns) EVGA P2 850w Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G303  Roccat Taito Sennheiser HD558 Blue Snowball Microphone 
  hide details  
Kara
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asus Maximus Hero VIII ASUS Strix 980 TI GSKILL Ripjaws V (2X8 gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston Hyper X Savage Crucial M500  Corsair H110i GTX Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 2420TE Corsair Strafe (MX Browns) EVGA P2 850w Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G303  Roccat Taito Sennheiser HD558 Blue Snowball Microphone 
  hide details  
post #109 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingamajig View Post

Pardon my ignorance, but can someone tell me the difference between all these new soundcard types creative love to produce? As it really seems to me as though they pump out cards so fast just to make their profit figures look nice.
I mean really, i have friends who run pretty old tech and even older soundcards, that, for the most part, still do everything even my newer ones do fine - sometimes without as many problems, either. I fail to understand the real reason behind so many soundcard releases when older cards work fine, unless it's of course, for profit. It's time they could better invest in actually making their drivers better, which, from past experience, has always been dodgey at best and far and few between. (Convenient, that.)
I suddenly reminded myself of the entire Daniel_K thing there (third party driver creator Creative didn't take kindly to "repairing" their drivers) I'm sure at least some of you guys remember that.
With all this in mind, i can't help but feel bad whenever i'm on the market for a new soundcard, knowing full well that, likely, much older stuff is still plenty capable of doing what i need when compared to current tech. Creativelabs is especially one of those companies i find difficult to trust, and i do regret investing in any of their products now i have them.

Looks, improved EAX / OpenAL conversion and as with anything, quality via market segmentation.
Creative drivers are fine now.
post #110 of 300
this really looks eyecatchy.....makes me wanna havee oneee
My Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k (@stock) Asus Maximus 7 Hero DA(palit)gtx 1080 gamerock Corsair Red Vengeance 2333mhz 2x8gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
samsung ssd pro 512,  Prolimatech Supermega w10 pro 64 AOC 27" I2757FH 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Filco Camouflage Corsair HX850 W Bitfenix Shinobi XL ZxR, beyer dt 770pro,polk 5.1 
  hide details  
My Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k (@stock) Asus Maximus 7 Hero DA(palit)gtx 1080 gamerock Corsair Red Vengeance 2333mhz 2x8gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
samsung ssd pro 512,  Prolimatech Supermega w10 pro 64 AOC 27" I2757FH 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Filco Camouflage Corsair HX850 W Bitfenix Shinobi XL ZxR, beyer dt 770pro,polk 5.1 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Creative] Creative Introduces the Sound Blaster Z-Series