I've read through lots of overclocking guides/threads, and many posts seem to disagree on how long to run prime; I've seen people say
- 1 hour is enough because it'll show you any glaring errors right away
- 12 hours is the bare minimum, and you should run all 70 FFT (sp?) tests at 15 mins each to ensure stability
- 24 hours so that you're running during the hottest time of the day and you can see if you're still stable then
- Don't need to run prime95, linpack is 'better' and only requires ~100 runs, and shortens the time you need to test
- Just look for WHEA errors when you're testing and run all the tests at 1 minute each, just one error means you're not stable
So, just which is which?! I'm getting analysis-paralysis and unable to start OC-ing because of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Edited by ecksodia - 8/15/12 at 9:53am