Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [Techspot] Windows 8 vs. Windows 7 Performance
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Techspot] Windows 8 vs. Windows 7 Performance - Page 22  

post #211 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

Some like the steps, most don't. That's a more accurate way of putting that.
Metro would be fine if it was optional.
I haven't seen a single argument that's won me over as it why Metro shouldn't be entirely optional on the desktop segment. Not one.
If someone can put together a good argument as to why it should be forced on us then I'm all ears

THIS!

+rep
post #212 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

lachen.gif
When they're complaints, they're just opinions. When it's praise it's fact?
I supposed high speed programmers would see it that way rolleyes.gif
There are plenty of legitimate complaints and "problems" with Metro. It's not because people don't know how to use it or are "too lazy to learn" or any of the rubbish I see you people saying about others. It's a simple fact that Metro gets in the way for a lot of people. They don't like it and don't need it in their system.
YOU might THINK it makes YOU more productive, but that doesn't mean it works for others. There is is absolutely NO REASON why the rest of the people who don't want it can't just disable it and work how THEY want to work. I know I'm talking to a brick wall here and you will make a ridiculous post back disagreeing totally with me and finding some excuse as to why Metro should be forced on everyone but you're wrong. Plain and simply wrong. Metro shouldn't be forced. It should be a choice.
They are opinions, there is no cold hard facts of people saying "this here is broken, and does not work" etc. Its the same people who can't get over the fact that Windows 8 is not for them (honestly how can you not know somethings not right for you). Who ever said you're forced to use Windows 8? You don't have to use Windows 8, your not forced to do anything. You sure make it sound like Windows 8 has it all, except the Start Menu. Which some how manages to ruin the rest of it. There isn't a single legitimate problem with the new Windows 8's new Start Menu. It's nothing more then people wanting it to work the way they want it, and not how Microsoft intended it to work. Sure it makes me more productive, as every capable human should be. You guys are just sour over the fact Microsoft is producing great operating systems that doesn't cater to your fix. And it scares you now knowing Windows 9 will most likely be the same thing. What I don't get is why don't you stick to Windows 7 if its that bad? Why are you here to constantly bash on it if you wont even be using it? If you are using it, why are obligated to shove how bad it is down peoples throats? Someone threw a pebble and people are just chasing it now. Even some of who never even used it, let alone seen it yet. People need to stop "oh yer its sucking" and start posting actual problems with it. Saying its not good enough for you 300 times in a row is nothing more then pushing your opinion onto people hoping they will follow in your shoes. I'm still waiting for someone to provide concrete evidence to why its a problem. I have been getting massive support and feedback from the OCN community, for standing up to you people who are trying to bring a good thing down. So again please let us know how its so bad, and not your opinion this time.
Edited by Warmonger - 8/18/12 at 3:32pm
Main Rig
(14 items)
 
Linux Rig
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II x3 450 Biostar A880GZ PowerColor HD 4650 DDR3 4GB Samsung MV-3V2G3/US 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 128GB (Pending) ASUS DRW-24B1ST Stock Windows 8 Enterprise x64 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Classic 200 300w Hipro a1410n HP 1000 DPI 
Mouse PadAudio
Standard Realtek ALC662 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Sempron 3000+ ASUS A7V8X-LA VIA KM400A 2GB DDR 333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
40GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 Samsung Writemaster Stock ASUS Ubuntu 12.04 
PowerCase
Hipro 250W SR1500NX 
  hide details  
Main Rig
(14 items)
 
Linux Rig
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II x3 450 Biostar A880GZ PowerColor HD 4650 DDR3 4GB Samsung MV-3V2G3/US 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 128GB (Pending) ASUS DRW-24B1ST Stock Windows 8 Enterprise x64 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Classic 200 300w Hipro a1410n HP 1000 DPI 
Mouse PadAudio
Standard Realtek ALC662 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Sempron 3000+ ASUS A7V8X-LA VIA KM400A 2GB DDR 333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
40GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 Samsung Writemaster Stock ASUS Ubuntu 12.04 
PowerCase
Hipro 250W SR1500NX 
  hide details  
post #213 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmonger View Post

They are opinions, there is no cold hard facts of people saying "this here is broken, and does not work" etc. Its the same people who can't get over the fact that Windows 8 is not for them (honestly how can you not know somethings not right for you). Who ever said you're forced to use Windows 8? You don't have to use Windows 8, your not forced to do anything. You sure make it sound like Windows 8 has it all, except the Start Menu. Which some how manages to ruin the rest of it. There isn't a single legitimate problem with the new Windows 8's new Start Menu. It's nothing more then people wanting it to work the way they want it, and not how Microsoft intended it to work. Sure it makes me more productive, as every capable human should be. You guys are just sour over the fact Microsoft is producing great operating systems that doesn't cater to your fix. And it scares you now knowing Windows 9 will most likely be the same thing. What I don't get is why don't you stick to Windows 7 if its that bad? Why are you here to constantly bash on it if you wont even be using it? If you are using it, why are obligated to shove how bad it is down peoples throats? Someone threw a pebble and people are just chasing it now. Even some of who never even used it, let alone seen it yet. People need to stop "oh yer its sucking" and start posting actual problems with it. Saying its not good enough for you 300 times in a row is nothing more then pushing your opinion onto people hoping they will follow in your shoes. I'm still waiting for someone to provide concrete evidence to why its a problem. I have been getting massive support and feedback from the OCN community, for standing up to you people who are trying to bring a good thing down. So again please let us know how its so bad, and not your opinion this time.

Please stop replying to my posts because I'm going to flat out ignore you. You're 100% incapable of understanding that people's dislike and reasons for not liking it are 100% their opinion and valid regardless. You call them illegitimate because YOU have no issues with it. You are incapable of understanding why other people don't like Windows 8 and make up a version of reality to fit by accusing them of being lazy, stupid, or not having tried it, despite knowing nothing of the other person. You're not fit to discuss this.

But,k if anyone else wants to give a reason as to why Metro can't be optional I'm willing to discuss it.
Edited by Rubers - 8/18/12 at 3:53pm
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
post #214 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

Please stop replying to my posts because I'm going to flat out ignore you. You're 100% incapable of understanding that people's dislike and reasons for not liking it are 100% their opinion and valid regardless. You call them illegitimate because YOU have no issues with it.
But,k if anyone else wants to give a reason as to why Metro can't be optional I'm willing to discuss it.
Sure im all for the Start Menu being optional and all that. But I still don't see any proof that the Start Menu is a slow pile of buggy doo-doo like you claim it to be. So far I only see opinions, I like it, I hate it, I like it, I hate it, like who cares about all that. Your opinion is meant to be your own and you're free to discuss it. But its stepping over the line when you start referring to the Start Menu as being "broken" and stuff just because you don't like it. Sure tell us how it doesn't work good for you, and why it does not. I would be intrigued to read and help discuss ways for you to get around these problems. Tho I think the entire community is growing tired of hearing how "bad" it is.
Main Rig
(14 items)
 
Linux Rig
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II x3 450 Biostar A880GZ PowerColor HD 4650 DDR3 4GB Samsung MV-3V2G3/US 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 128GB (Pending) ASUS DRW-24B1ST Stock Windows 8 Enterprise x64 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Classic 200 300w Hipro a1410n HP 1000 DPI 
Mouse PadAudio
Standard Realtek ALC662 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Sempron 3000+ ASUS A7V8X-LA VIA KM400A 2GB DDR 333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
40GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 Samsung Writemaster Stock ASUS Ubuntu 12.04 
PowerCase
Hipro 250W SR1500NX 
  hide details  
Main Rig
(14 items)
 
Linux Rig
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II x3 450 Biostar A880GZ PowerColor HD 4650 DDR3 4GB Samsung MV-3V2G3/US 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 128GB (Pending) ASUS DRW-24B1ST Stock Windows 8 Enterprise x64 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Classic 200 300w Hipro a1410n HP 1000 DPI 
Mouse PadAudio
Standard Realtek ALC662 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Sempron 3000+ ASUS A7V8X-LA VIA KM400A 2GB DDR 333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
40GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 Samsung Writemaster Stock ASUS Ubuntu 12.04 
PowerCase
Hipro 250W SR1500NX 
  hide details  
post #215 of 237
Wow.

1. Quote me saying ti was "broken and buggy" I think you're thinking of someone else. I plain don't like it and it gets in my way.

2. No, it's not stepping over any imaginary, Warmonger instituted line, to say it's broken just because someone doesn't like it. Not that I said that anyway, but I'm sure others have.

^ This is your version of reality because I never said those things. I've been quite categorical in pointing out what I do and don't like and I never once called it buggy, broken or whatever else.

3. You want to discuss and help me? Great. Find me a method of booting straight to the desktop, getting the old Start Menu back and returning Aero. Those are my main issues. I don't want anything to do with Metro, at all, full stop. I don't want Metro apps. I don't want the left or right side bars. I don't want any of Metro. I don't want the solid colours and the squared edge boxes. It's a tablet orientated OS inplnted onto a desktop and it doesn't work for me at all. I don't like it and I will be avoiding it until my issues are resolved.

You're completely disillusioned.


Here's a counter for you. Explain how it exactly makes you more productive and efficient in your work. I've seen you make this claima few times and it's quite honestly perplexed me. I used it for a month solid and I tried it again over the last week. I really, really don't see how it makes anything any quicker. I study games programming and I can tell you now that working with Metro would make my performance suffer harshly and would not make it easier, it'd make it harder.
Edited by Rubers - 8/18/12 at 4:11pm
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
post #216 of 237
post #217 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

Wow.

1. Quote me saying ti was "broken and buggy" I think you're thinking of someone else. I plain don't like it and it gets in my way.

2. No, it's not stepping over any imaginary, Warmonger instituted line, to say it's broken just because someone doesn't like it. Not that I said that anyway, but I'm sure others have.

^ This is your version of reality because I never said those things. I've been quite categorical in pointing out what I do and don't like and I never once called it buggy, broken or whatever else.

3. You want to discuss and help me? Great. Find me a method of booting straight to the desktop, getting the old Start Menu back and returning Aero. Those are my main issues. I don't want anything to do with Metro, at all, full stop. I don't want Metro apps. I don't want the left or right side bars. I don't want any of Metro. I don't want the solid colours and the squared edge boxes. It's a tablet orientated OS inplnted onto a desktop and it doesn't work for me at all. I don't like it and I will be avoiding it until my issues are resolved.

You're completely disillusioned.


Here's a counter for you. Explain how it exactly makes you more productive and efficient in your work. I've seen you make this claima few times and it's quite honestly perplexed me. I used it for a month solid and I tried it again over the last week. I really, really don't see how it makes anything any quicker. I study games programming and I can tell you now that working with Metro would make my performance suffer harshly and would not make it easier, it'd make it harder.

And the answer for #3 is.. Use 7, Vista, XP.. Problem solved. thumb.gif
Oxygène
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic VTX3D R9 390 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston Hyper X Kingston HyperX Fury ADATA SP550 ADATA SX8000 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 Windows 10 Dell U2711 Gamdias Hermes E1 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Chieftec A-135 Series 1000W NZXT. Phantom 410 Gamdias Demeter E2 Gamdias NYX E1 
  hide details  
Oxygène
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic VTX3D R9 390 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston Hyper X Kingston HyperX Fury ADATA SP550 ADATA SX8000 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 Windows 10 Dell U2711 Gamdias Hermes E1 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Chieftec A-135 Series 1000W NZXT. Phantom 410 Gamdias Demeter E2 Gamdias NYX E1 
  hide details  
post #218 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

Wow.
1. Quote me saying ti was "broken and buggy" I think you're thinking of someone else. I plain don't like it and it gets in my way.
2. No, it's not stepping over any imaginary, Warmonger instituted line, to say it's broken just because someone doesn't like it. Not that I said that anyway, but I'm sure others have.
^ This is your version of reality because I never said those things. I've been quite categorical in pointing out what I do and don't like and I never once called it buggy, broken or whatever else.
3. You want to discuss and help me? Great. Find me a method of booting straight to the desktop, getting the old Start Menu back and returning Aero. Those are my main issues. I don't want anything to do with Metro, at all, full stop. I don't want Metro apps. I don't want the left or right side bars. I don't want any of Metro. I don't want the solid colours and the squared edge boxes. It's a tablet orientated OS inplnted onto a desktop and it doesn't work for me at all. I don't like it and I will be avoiding it until my issues are resolved.
You're completely disillusioned.
Here's a counter for you. Explain how it exactly makes you more productive and efficient in your work. I've seen you make this claima few times and it's quite honestly perplexed me. I used it for a month solid and I tried it again over the last week. I really, really don't see how it makes anything any quicker. I study games programming and I can tell you now that working with Metro would make my performance suffer harshly and would not make it easier, it'd make it harder.

The thing is all these things you ask are things you want. Your not the one making the OS so if you don't like it don't use it simple as that. For many the metro side will be vary helpful, to have the ability to open the same apps as your tablet on the desktop itself if you needed to would be nice. I am one who plans on getting a windows 8 tablet, and as a tablet OS it is damn near perfect in my eyes compared to the likes of android and iOS. The Metro side is nothing more then a central place for all 3 platforms (PC,Tablet, Phone) to share some common ground. The entire Desktop side is still their and mostly untouched. Your not losing the ability to use any old program, from many people me included puts all their main icons onto the desktop anyway. All my games not in my steam or origin account already has a desktop icon and most commonly used apps as well. Even Though I hate to see the start menu go, something I have always liked about windows, having it converted into a interface of its own isn't a deal breaker for me. For the couple of seconds you spend in metro and the loss of Aero is not going to make the OS fail. Desktop apps will still thrive, and the metro side will be more locked down like apples platform. Something that has worked out pretty good for them.

Whining about losing the start menu and not being able to boot into the desktop will not help anyone. And while I do agree that their should be an option to have both of those features, if Microsoft wants to take it out they have the right to. If apple did something like that Millions would praise them, but the second Microsoft pulls crap like that they are the devil. The truth is Windows 8 is a OS for the future and while transition may be tough it is for the better good. In 10 year I hope you don't expect that the mouse and keyboard will still be the only input devices for the desktop. Over the next 10 years expect kinect like hardware/gestures and touch screens to be part of the norm. Windows 8 is just the start of needed evolution.
Red Dragon
(19 items)
 
HTPC
(20 items)
 
HomeServer
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K @4.8ghz Asrock p67 Extreme4 GTX1080 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 9-11-11-31 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x 640 WD blacks Raid 0 Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 512GB SSD Sandisk 1TB SSD Samsung 470 Series 128GB SSD 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC Raystorm Windows 10 64bit Microboard m340clz 100hz 3440x1440 Corsair K70 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
TX850 HAF922 Logitech G502 Creative Sound Blaster Z  
AudioAudioAudio
Elac B6 & Dayton Audio SUB-800 Yamaha HTR-5790 Audio Technica ATH-A700 headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 @ 4GHZ Gigabyte EP45 UD3P GTX470 4GB OCZ Reaper 1150mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Blue 500gb OCZ Vertex 2 60GB LG Bluray Corsair H50 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Home Premium  Logitech K400 Corsair CX500 nMEDIAPC 6000B 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Yamaha HTR-5063 PS3 80GB BC PS3 with 250GB hard drive. Polk Audio Monitor 60s Bi-AMP Front Polk Audio Monitor 30s Rear 
OtherOther
Polk Audio CS1 Center Polk Audio PSW10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon Harpertown 3.6ghz Asus P5Q SE/R HD7770 4GB DDR2 800mhz Corsair 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
5TB Toshiba 5TB Toshiba 5TB Toshiba 2TB Hitachi 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
2TB Seagate 2TB Western Digital 1TB Hitachi Windows Home Server 2011 
Power
Corsair CX500 
  hide details  
Red Dragon
(19 items)
 
HTPC
(20 items)
 
HomeServer
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K @4.8ghz Asrock p67 Extreme4 GTX1080 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 9-11-11-31 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x 640 WD blacks Raid 0 Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 512GB SSD Sandisk 1TB SSD Samsung 470 Series 128GB SSD 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC Raystorm Windows 10 64bit Microboard m340clz 100hz 3440x1440 Corsair K70 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
TX850 HAF922 Logitech G502 Creative Sound Blaster Z  
AudioAudioAudio
Elac B6 & Dayton Audio SUB-800 Yamaha HTR-5790 Audio Technica ATH-A700 headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 @ 4GHZ Gigabyte EP45 UD3P GTX470 4GB OCZ Reaper 1150mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Blue 500gb OCZ Vertex 2 60GB LG Bluray Corsair H50 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Home Premium  Logitech K400 Corsair CX500 nMEDIAPC 6000B 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Yamaha HTR-5063 PS3 80GB BC PS3 with 250GB hard drive. Polk Audio Monitor 60s Bi-AMP Front Polk Audio Monitor 30s Rear 
OtherOther
Polk Audio CS1 Center Polk Audio PSW10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon Harpertown 3.6ghz Asus P5Q SE/R HD7770 4GB DDR2 800mhz Corsair 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
5TB Toshiba 5TB Toshiba 5TB Toshiba 2TB Hitachi 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
2TB Seagate 2TB Western Digital 1TB Hitachi Windows Home Server 2011 
Power
Corsair CX500 
  hide details  
post #219 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzone75 View Post

And the answer for #3 is.. Use 7, Vista, XP.. Problem solved. thumb.gif

Fully what I intend on doing thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by DzillaXx View Post

The thing is all these things you ask are things you want. Your not the one making the OS so if you don't like it don't use it simple as that. For many the metro side will be vary helpful, to have the ability to open the same apps as your tablet on the desktop itself if you needed to would be nice. I am one who plans on getting a windows 8 tablet, and as a tablet OS it is damn near perfect in my eyes compared to the likes of android and iOS. The Metro side is nothing more then a central place for all 3 platforms (PC,Tablet, Phone) to share some common ground. The entire Desktop side is still their and mostly untouched. Your not losing the ability to use any old program, from many people me included puts all their main icons onto the desktop anyway. All my games not in my steam or origin account already has a desktop icon and most commonly used apps as well. Even Though I hate to see the start menu go, something I have always liked about windows, having it converted to interface of its own isn't a deal breaker for me. For the couple of seconds you spend in metro and the loss of Aero is not going to make the OS fail. Desktop apps will still thrive, and the metro side will be more locked down like apples platform.
Whining about losing the start menu and not being able to boot into the desktop will not help anyone. And while I do agree that their should be an option to have both of those features, if Microsoft wants to take it out they have the right to. If apple did something like that Millions would praise them, but the second Microsoft pulls crap like that they are the devil. The truth is Windows 8 is a OS for the future and while transition may be tough it is for the better good. In 10 year I hope you don't expect that the mouse and keyboard will still be the only input devices for the desktop. Over the next 10 years expect kinect like hardware/gestures and touch screens to be part of the norm. Windows 8 is just the start of needed evolution.

You agree there should be an option to have the old Start Menu so why call me a whiner? It might be their OS but they want to sell it and I'm not buying it if it limits what I can do, especially if it was previously a well known thing.

I'd be happy to have Metro as a link between the three, if I could CHOOSE to use it as and when I liked, not have it in my way and under my feet all the time.

And yeah, I don't own a tablet. I've been waiting for a Windows tablet and I'll be getting an x86 tablet as soon as I they hit. Having used Win 8 for some time I can say right now that it's going to be a real pleasure to use on a tablet. I'm nopthing but praise for the tablet features, on tablets. But on the desktop it's not ideal and gets in my way.

And the thing is I'm comfortable with other people liking it. I just don't see why those that like it (not you, of course), would rather me have to use it their way? There's a certian "High Speed Developer" member of the website who acts very much like "tough I like it do you have no choice" about it and it's quite sad really.

I'm all for choice on my desktop. Which is why I'm sticking with Windows 7 for the forseeable. Which is crap because I was looking forward to it.
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
post #220 of 237
I think what we all need to do is agree to disagree. Despite what either party thinks, neither party is right or wrong. It's all opinion. If you don't want to use Windows 8, than don't. Nobody cares, and Windows 7 is still there. You don't need to attack and spit out the same spewing crap at anyone who praises it (ZOMG METROOOOO CELL PHONE !!11!111!!!eleven!!). On the same token, people like myself (and yes I'm guilty of this) don't need to jump on everyone who doesn't like it. However, I will say that before you speak on it, you should give it a fair shot, cause only then will your opinion have any real substance on the subject.

We all need to grow up. We're all wrong. To each their own.
Biggus D.
(18 items)
 
Leo Laporte
(13 items)
 
Shooter McGavin
(24 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 Thuban 1090T @ 4GHz Asus Crosshair IV Formula 2x5870 in CrossfireX 2x4GB OCZ GOLD 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint, 2x1TB Seagate Barracuda Samsung Super Multi + Samsung BluRay LS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2 x Samsung 2494SW 24'' 16:9 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Silver Silverstone Strider ST-1000 Coolermaster HAF X Steelseries Kinzu 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 11.5x12.2 Surface 
  hide details  
Biggus D.
(18 items)
 
Leo Laporte
(13 items)
 
Shooter McGavin
(24 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 Thuban 1090T @ 4GHz Asus Crosshair IV Formula 2x5870 in CrossfireX 2x4GB OCZ GOLD 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint, 2x1TB Seagate Barracuda Samsung Super Multi + Samsung BluRay LS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2 x Samsung 2494SW 24'' 16:9 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Silver Silverstone Strider ST-1000 Coolermaster HAF X Steelseries Kinzu 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 11.5x12.2 Surface 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Software News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [Techspot] Windows 8 vs. Windows 7 Performance