Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › I need to get over my fear of playing horror games..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I need to get over my fear of playing horror games.. - Page 2

post #11 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by $ilent View Post

jim jams haha not heard that in a while.
Mate put DOOM on with headphones, you might laugh but that still gets the hairs on my neck standing everytime I pay it and I hear those growling sounds.
I didn't play the original DOOM that much, but DOOM 2 was actually kind of scary; that game did everything it possibly could to ambush you and have enemies show up behind you.
post #12 of 40
Dead space 1 & 2 was both great games. It is $10 bucks for both on team right now also.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/47780/

Any of the silent Hill games. After the first one it starting getting graphic wise better. Resident Evil 5 was decent. But remember Resident Evil when the dog jumped through the windows......... Thanks
post #13 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

I didn't play the original DOOM that much, but DOOM 2 was actually kind of scary; that game did everything it possibly could to ambush you and have enemies show up behind you.

Yeah exactly, when your running along in pitch black then hear a scream and tearing sound and you have an Imp behind you scratching away. Still scares the **** out of me everytime. Probably because I used to play DOOM when it was freeware back when I was like 8.
post #14 of 40
the only way to overcome your fear is to do it. i fear of driving on a freeway before, i overcame it by driving on a freeway.
there is no other way.
post #15 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider85 View Post

the only way to overcome your fear is to do it. i fear of driving on a freeway before, i overcame it by driving on a freeway.
there is no other way.
PCP works, as well, but other than that you're right. Mentally preparing for it also helps, but in horror games, it kind of defeats the purpose.
post #16 of 40
why the need to get over it? I NEVER PLAY horror games myself. heck even if you give it to me for free I"LL NEVER TOUCH IT. same goes with movies etc. even left4dead took me a while to play. I remember when I played it the first time at a friend's house. I made a fool out of myself when I suddenly got pounced by a hunter. I wouldn't even tell you guys what happened lol
Edited by jprovido - 8/15/12 at 7:35pm
post #17 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprovido View Post

why the need to get over it? I NEVER PLAY horror games myself. heck even if you give it to me for free I"LL NEVER TOUCH IT. same goes with movies etc. even left4dead took me a while to play. I remember when I played it the first time at a friend's house. I made a fool out of myself when I suddenly got pounced by a hunter. I wouldn't even tell you guys what happened lol

lol L4D?...damm do you ever watch 18 rated movies?
post #18 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprovido View Post

why the need to get over it? I NEVER PLAY horror games myself. heck even if you give it to me for free I"LL NEVER TOUCH IT. same goes with movies etc. even left4dead took me a while to play. I remember when I played it the first time I made a full out of myself when I suddenly got pounced by a hunter.
Left 4 dead? Really? That's the only horror game that doesn't scare me when I'm sleep deprived.
post #19 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by $ilent View Post

lol L4D?...damm do you ever watch 18 rated movies?

never watch movies like that. I do have somewhat a bit of tolerence with zombies but ghosts or something supernatural scares the hell out of me lol.
Quote:
Left 4 dead? Really? That's the only horror game that doesn't scare me when I'm sleep deprived.

when I started playing it I was scared. I would literally let my hands go off the keyboard and mouse when I get pounced by hunters lol (it's a reflex lmao) I got used to it though esp when I play with friends. just checked my steam and I have 59 hours logged on l4d2 thumb.gif
Edited by jprovido - 8/15/12 at 7:48pm
post #20 of 40
FEAR is not scary at all. Better try Silent Hill and Call of Cthulhu. Play at night, lights off in headphones and on hard mode.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › I need to get over my fear of playing horror games..