Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PCGamer] Ubisoft challenge Steam and Origin with Uplay
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[PCGamer] Ubisoft challenge Steam and Origin with Uplay - Page 11

post #101 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by sausageson View Post

Of course they had ideas before origin you cannot just make a client like this overnight. They had ideas ever since they saw how sucessful steam was. You must be really delusional if you think origin sparked this. You would also make a poor business analyst to think companies picked up on a trend after origin which was only a year ago and not steam which was several years ago.
Also I love how you call Origin overpriced while ignoring the fact steam is overpriced any time there is not a deal. 60$ for games that are almost a year old like skyrim, MW3 etc. Every new release on steam is a serious ripoff, I practically facepalmed when I saw Borderlands 2 at the top seller list when it was announced wonder why these people just dont buy it from Green Man Gaming for 40$ same goes for Sleeping Dogs. Ubisoft and Origin are just trying to take advantage of the sheep valve have already herded.
If you actually bothered reading the advertisment Riou put up you would see driver goes on sale for a 1$ Sunday.

Again, EA set the Origin prices. Valve do not set the Steam prices. Simple as that. Bethesda and Activision are to blame for those titles being overpriced. Not Steam!

And yeppers on GreenManGaming. I got BF3 Premium from there for £25 and Dawnguard with a discount for £8. Still doesn't mean that £39.99 for Crysis 3, £39.99 for BF3 and £39.99 for other titles on Origin isn't overpriced to hell and a total rip off, and the kicker is that EA are the sole reason they're overpriced, whereas any overpriced game on Steam is directly down to the Publisher, not Valve. So when people say "Steam is so overpriced frown.gif" I like to take the time to correct them on who to direct that anger towards.

And Origin was probably sparked within the last couple of years since the financial crisis and EA needed a way to make some serious money, quickly, to stay afloat (they've been tanking badly since the market crash). IT'll have been in development for a year, tops, prior to release (especially since it's still in pre-release and beta stages, tbh) since it was based on the EADM and aside from the UI, a lot fo the code is the same (though it's getting more advanced and furtehr away with every update).

The difference between Steam and Origin is the price and availability. There are a handful of games Available on Origin and they're all vastly overpriced, except for the older products which are actually priced according to what they were on Steam before they pulled them (BC2, for exmaple, and the C&C games) and it also doesn't change the fact that prior to Origin, EA games weren't really overpriced. I got BC2, on release, for £25, form Steam. On release, BF3 was £39.99 on Origin. Crysis 1 and 2 were around £30 on release, Crysis 3 is £39.99.


You can write me off as an EA hater all you want. That's fine and your right to an opinion, but the reality is quite different. I don't hate EA. I've been a customer of theirs for a long time (Desert Strike on the Megadrive/Genesis is the first game I bought by them wink.gif ) and I don't follow and have never been a "boycott blah blah blah" kind of person. But it doesn't stop me form complaining about things I don't feel is right.

As for saying Origin is to blame. I'm just grumkbling because I don't want a million DD services in order to play my games.
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #102 of 197
It'd be interesting if the other publishers (apart from Steam) collaborated and made an exclusive platform, that'd maybe give them enough traction and harm Steam's library enough to be successful, otherwise what chance have they got? Throw some cheap sales, get the indies on board, make a good community interface - they'd be right in there. Steam would feel the heat. Unfortunately none of them have the consumer at heart like Steam.
post #103 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

I can and will. Many people called it when EA announced Origin.

It's not origins fault, it's steams fault. Steam started the whole digital client bullcrap. Therefore it's steams fault for origin, uplay and any other client that comes out.
What's going on.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 3570k @ 4.2ghz ASUS P8Z77-V PRO EVGA GTX 670 2gb 8gb of DDR3 G.SKILL 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Agility 2 60gb SSD w/ 250gb HDD Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit Shimian 27" 2560x1440p DELL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 watt Antec 1200 Full Tower Logitech G400 Blue colored 
  hide details  
Reply
What's going on.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 3570k @ 4.2ghz ASUS P8Z77-V PRO EVGA GTX 670 2gb 8gb of DDR3 G.SKILL 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Agility 2 60gb SSD w/ 250gb HDD Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit Shimian 27" 2560x1440p DELL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 watt Antec 1200 Full Tower Logitech G400 Blue colored 
  hide details  
Reply
post #104 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT. Peppers View Post

It's not origins fault, it's steams fault. Steam started the whole digital client bullcrap. Therefore it's steams fault for origin, uplay and any other client that comes out.
No, they all saw the success of Origin and thought, "We NEED to do this too!", lmaoroflz.
post #105 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

It won't really be "good" competition. That's my problem with this. They won't all have the same games, they'll get their money by making exclusive titles.
I see this happening:
Valve will make their games exclusive to Steam.
Usbisoft will make their games exclusive to uplay.
EA will make their games exclusive to Origins.
Activision will make their games exclusive to their platform.
Small companies will choose what platforms to use, or be bribed to use only a certain platform.
etc etc
It's a lose/lose for consumers who don't want 10 programs installed to play their games. I love having all my games in one place. I refuse to support anything but Steam because this is where the market will go with competition. Steam was here first, millions use it, and the community is already established. We don't need anything else.
They want my money? Make a deal with Valve to make the games activate on Steam too (like many retail copies do). Give the consumers choice, it's a huge reason why PC gamers are on the PC and not consoles.

THIS!!!
Cappuccino
(25 items)
 
LinuxBox
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7700K ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac Gigabyte GTX1080 G1 Corsair Vengeance LED 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Toshiba OCZ RD400 M.2 Toshiba OCZ VX500 Western Digital Red 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Panasonic UJ-265 Noctua NH-L9x65 Arctic Cooling Accelero Extreme IV Noctua NF-F12 PWM 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Solus BenQ BL2711U NEC EA224WMi 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
HHKB Professional 2 Corsair SF600 NCase M1 Zowie EC1-A 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries DEX Microlab Solo 1C Sennheiser PC360 Philips Fidelio X2 
Other
Microsoft Xbox One Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A-series A4-3400 Gigabyte GA-A75N-USB3 Gigabyte Radeon HD6450 Kingston HyperX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Crucial M4 AMD phenom2 1100T heatsink OpenSUSE Silverstone ST45SF 
Case
Chieftec BT-02B 
  hide details  
Reply
Cappuccino
(25 items)
 
LinuxBox
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7700K ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac Gigabyte GTX1080 G1 Corsair Vengeance LED 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Toshiba OCZ RD400 M.2 Toshiba OCZ VX500 Western Digital Red 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Panasonic UJ-265 Noctua NH-L9x65 Arctic Cooling Accelero Extreme IV Noctua NF-F12 PWM 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Solus BenQ BL2711U NEC EA224WMi 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
HHKB Professional 2 Corsair SF600 NCase M1 Zowie EC1-A 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries DEX Microlab Solo 1C Sennheiser PC360 Philips Fidelio X2 
Other
Microsoft Xbox One Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A-series A4-3400 Gigabyte GA-A75N-USB3 Gigabyte Radeon HD6450 Kingston HyperX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Crucial M4 AMD phenom2 1100T heatsink OpenSUSE Silverstone ST45SF 
Case
Chieftec BT-02B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #106 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

Again, EA set the Origin prices. Valve do not set the Steam prices. Simple as that. Bethesda and Activision are to blame for those titles being overpriced. Not Steam!
And yeppers on GreenManGaming. I got BF3 Premium from there for £25 and Dawnguard with a discount for £8. Still doesn't mean that £39.99 for Crysis 3, £39.99 for BF3 and £39.99 for other titles on Origin isn't overpriced to hell and a total rip off, and the kicker is that EA are the sole reason they're overpriced, whereas any overpriced game on Steam is directly down to the Publisher, not Valve. So when people say "Steam is so overpriced frown.gif" I like to take the time to correct them on who to direct that anger towards.
And Origin was probably sparked within the last couple of years since the financial crisis and EA needed a way to make some serious money, quickly, to stay afloat (they've been tanking badly since the market crash). IT'll have been in development for a year, tops, prior to release (especially since it's still in pre-release and beta stages, tbh) since it was based on the EADM and aside from the UI, a lot fo the code is the same (though it's getting more advanced and furtehr away with every update).
The difference between Steam and Origin is the price and availability. There are a handful of games Available on Origin and they're all vastly overpriced, except for the older products which are actually priced according to what they were on Steam before they pulled them (BC2, for exmaple, and the C&C games) and it also doesn't change the fact that prior to Origin, EA games weren't really overpriced. I got BC2, on release, for £25, form Steam. On release, BF3 was £39.99 on Origin. Crysis 1 and 2 were around £30 on release, Crysis 3 is £39.99.
You can write me off as an EA hater all you want. That's fine and your right to an opinion, but the reality is quite different. I don't hate EA. I've been a customer of theirs for a long time (Desert Strike on the Megadrive/Genesis is the first game I bought by them wink.gif ) and I don't follow and have never been a "boycott blah blah blah" kind of person. But it doesn't stop me form complaining about things I don't feel is right.
As for saying Origin is to blame. I'm just grumkbling because I don't want a million DD services in order to play my games.

Crysis 3 isnt even out yet and you claim its not worth 60$ despite that being the standard price of a new release game. I never pay that price cause I do not buy from origin or steam on release and can frequently get my games at a discount at other establishments. Bf3 is 40$ over here on origin but the UK, Europe and Australia have a history of getting ripped off anyways. Crysis 1 for me was 50 I remember cause it sucked and wanted my 50$ back but then all games were 50$. Valve games are pretty pricy when they come out too, 50$ for l4d2, 50$ for portal 2, they do drop in price quick but its not like they were worth anything close to that amount anyways especially since they reuse the same 8 year old engine and l4d2 could be described as dlc for l4d1 and portal 1 was included along with 5 other games in the OB for 30$.

It doesn't matter anyways because valve could give their games away for free and still be rolling in the money because they make their money of selling other people's games, they now just do game development on the side and anyone who thinks otherwise is naive. They make a big talk about how they give DLC away from free but im sure in actuality they would not want other companies to do that because it would impact their bottom line as well.

Blizzard games are overpriced too 60$ for Diablo 3? In fact Diablo 3 was the only game I ever paid 60$ for in recent memory and it sucked. It was the only game where it was 60$ everywhere. HOTS for 40$ a game that just has a few more campaign missions which someone could have just made themselves? I don't see you making a big fuss over them either. What makes me think your an EA hater is because when other companies do the same thing you don't say anything but if EA does it you make the biggest noise ever.

You don't want a million clients to play games? Guess what you should have stood up with the people who chose not to adopt steam who didn't even want one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

It won't really be "good" competition. That's my problem with this. They won't all have the same games, they'll get their money by making exclusive titles.
I see this happening:
Valve will make their games exclusive to Steam.
Usbisoft will make their games exclusive to uplay.
EA will make their games exclusive to Origins.
Activision will make their games exclusive to their platform.
Small companies will choose what platforms to use, or be bribed to use only a certain platform.
etc etc
It's a lose/lose for consumers who don't want 10 programs installed to play their games. I love having all my games in one place. I refuse to support anything but Steam because this is where the market will go with competition. Steam was here first, millions use it, and the community is already established. We don't need anything else.
They want my money? Make a deal with Valve to make the games activate on Steam too (like many retail copies do). Give the consumers choice, it's a huge reason why PC gamers are on the PC and not consoles.

So you expect other companies to standby while steam makes a billion dollars a year and takes a 30% cut of their games because of what? Steam came first and they deserve it? The simple fact is anyone who wants to actually play these games will use the client regardless those who don't or are on the fence won't. Many people just care about the games themselves rather than supporting the company they think cares for them. Also im sure for a game to be steam activate steam would be taking a cut anyways making the whole point of creating their own store pointless I would have been happy if there were no clients at all to begin with, the only reason steam got onto my pc in the first place is when I bought Empire TW in 2009 and it required steam, steam has become bloated and slower than it used to be due to the new useless features they added. I simply still use it because of few reasons:

Summer and Winter deals are good
I have plenty of games invested when steam used to be speedy and not have a bunch of extra junk
Some games like total war games and THQ require steam to use
Edited by sausageson - 8/17/12 at 9:49am
Redbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5ghz Asus P8P67 GTX 970 Strix 12GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M500 Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital 500G DVD multirecorder 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional 64bit edition Antec Truepower 650 watt HAF 932 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Redbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5ghz Asus P8P67 GTX 970 Strix 12GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M500 Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital 500G DVD multirecorder 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional 64bit edition Antec Truepower 650 watt HAF 932 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #107 of 197
better late than never. I am not suprised that ubisoft has released uplay, they had to release a distribution service given that the other big players have doing it. Steam itself has already est'd themselves and they already have a dominant hold onto the marketshare.. The one common thing between steam and orgin success mainly from their inception in bringing blockbuster hits to their distribution platform (half life 2, CS , and BF3). I think that playing the exclusive strategy to one distribution platform is what will make their distribution platform successful in terms of gaining market share and profit.


For ubisoft, they need to have some blockbuster games that can really drive in new users to uplay inaddition to "hot deals". the current deals over uplay is nice, but they need that blockbuster game exclusively for uplay to really give them some traction.
Edited by Raiden911 - 8/17/12 at 9:55am
Raiden-GT
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H  VisionTek HD7970 - 1050/1500 Samsung16GB (4 x 4GB) MV-3V4G3D/US 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 (VTX4-25SAT3-256G) - 256gb  Hitachi Deskstar HD3200 - 2TB (x2) Samsung HD103SJ F3 - 1TB (x1) Hitachi Deskstar 0F12450 - 3TB (x1) 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus Blu-ray Burner BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Thermalright Venomous X + San Ace H1011s Windows 7 Professional - x64 Samsung 2693hm - 26" LCD 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
19" Wide Screen LCD Corsair K90 Vengeance K90 - Cherry MX Reds Corsair HX850 - 850W LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G700 Fellows Microban Cloth Yamaha RX-V657 Energy 5.1 
Other
Lamptron FC-5 
  hide details  
Reply
Raiden-GT
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H  VisionTek HD7970 - 1050/1500 Samsung16GB (4 x 4GB) MV-3V4G3D/US 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 (VTX4-25SAT3-256G) - 256gb  Hitachi Deskstar HD3200 - 2TB (x2) Samsung HD103SJ F3 - 1TB (x1) Hitachi Deskstar 0F12450 - 3TB (x1) 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus Blu-ray Burner BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Thermalright Venomous X + San Ace H1011s Windows 7 Professional - x64 Samsung 2693hm - 26" LCD 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
19" Wide Screen LCD Corsair K90 Vengeance K90 - Cherry MX Reds Corsair HX850 - 850W LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G700 Fellows Microban Cloth Yamaha RX-V657 Energy 5.1 
Other
Lamptron FC-5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #108 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riou View Post


$1 Games
Thursday: HAWX 2
Friday: From Dust
Saturday: Silent Hunter Battle of Atlantic Gold
Sunday: Driver San Fransisco Deluxe Edition
UPlay may overtake Origin. wink.gif

Hah, nice!
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
post #109 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by sausageson View Post

Crysis 3 isnt even out yet and you claim its not worth 60$ despite that being the standard price of a new release game. I never pay that price cause I do not buy from origin or steam on release and can frequently get my games at a discount at other establishments. Bf3 is 40$ over here on origin but the UK, Europe and Australia have a history of getting ripped off anyways. Crysis 1 for me was 50 I remember cause it sucked and wanted my 50$ back but then all games were 50$. Valve games are pretty pricy when they come out too, 50$ for l4d2, 50$ for portal 2, they do drop in price quick but its not like they were worth anything close to that amount anyways especially since they reuse the same 8 year old engine and l4d2 could be described as dlc for l4d1 and portal 1 was included along with 5 other games in the OB for 30$.
It doesn't matter anyways because valve could give their games away for free and still be rolling in the money because they make their money of selling other people's games, they now just do game development on the side and anyone who thinks otherwise is naive. They make a big talk about how they give DLC away from free but im sure in actuality they would not want other companies to do that because it would impact their bottom line as well.
Blizzard games are overpriced too 60$ for Diablo 3? In fact Diablo 3 was the only game I ever paid 60$ for in recent memory and it sucked. It was the only game where it was 60$ everywhere. HOTS for 40$ a game that just has a few more campaign missions which someone could have just made themselves? I don't see you making a big fuss over them either. What makes me think your an EA hater is because when other companies do the same thing you don't say anything but if EA does it you make the biggest noise ever.
You don't want a million clients to play games? Guess what you should have stood up with the people who chose not to adopt steam who didn't even want one.
So you expect other companies to standby while steam makes a billion dollars a year and takes a 30% cut of their games because of what? Steam came first and they deserve it? The simple fact is anyone who wants to actually play these games will use the client regardless those who don't or are on the fence won't. Many people just care about the games themselves rather than supporting the company they think cares for them. I would have been happy if there were no clients at all to begin with, steam has become bloated and slower than it used to be due to the new useless features they added. I simply still use it because of few reasons:
Summer and Winter deals are good
I have plenty of games invested when steam used to be speedy and not have a bunch of extra crao
Some games like total war games and THQ require steam to use

£39.99 isn't the price of new games on release. Only EA games release for that. And yeah, Crysis 3 isn't out yet and I can tell you it's not worth £39.99 because £39.99 is too much and overpriced. Especially in todays DLC crazed developers market.

EDIT:

Also, lol, you're talking out of your arse now this much is obvious. Steam makes a billion dollars a year? Really? Since Valve don't post finaincial information I'd love to know which orifiace you pulled that info from wink.gif Also, how do you know what the cut Valve takes is? My guess is you don't.
Edited by Rubers - 8/17/12 at 9:48am
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #110 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

£39.99 isn't the price of new games on release. Only EA games release for that. And yeah, Crysis 3 isn't out yet and I can tell you it's not worth £39.99 because £39.99 is too much and overpriced. Especially in todays DLC crazed developers market.
EDIT:
Also, lol, you're talking out of your arse now this much is obvious. Steam makes a billion dollars a year? Really? Since Valve don't post finaincial information I'd love to know which orifiace you pulled that info from wink.gif Also, how do you know what the cut Valve takes is? My guess is you don't.

39 pounds translates into roughly 60$ more like 63$ but your country has a history of getting ripped of anyways, over here its 60$ and 60$ is the price of COD, Skyrim, Diablo 3, Borderlands 2 etc so to say that EA is the only one that charges 60$ just proves your an EA hater who twists facts to suit his argument.

http://www.devicemag.com/2011/02/03/steams-1-billion-sales-in-2010/

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/07/25/notch-on-why-minecraft-still-isnt-on-steam/

Both Articles were posted on OCN and in the second article Notch mentions he does not want to put minecraft on steam because of the 30% cut they take.

Im at least backing up my argument while your the one spouting unfound and false information, EA created Origin to combat the financial hit they took in the recession? Where is your proof of that? EA is the only one that charges 60$ for a game? where is your proof of that? Your just making yourself look foolish at this point.
Edited by sausageson - 8/17/12 at 10:11am
Redbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5ghz Asus P8P67 GTX 970 Strix 12GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M500 Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital 500G DVD multirecorder 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional 64bit edition Antec Truepower 650 watt HAF 932 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Redbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5ghz Asus P8P67 GTX 970 Strix 12GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M500 Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital 500G DVD multirecorder 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional 64bit edition Antec Truepower 650 watt HAF 932 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PCGamer] Ubisoft challenge Steam and Origin with Uplay