Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › When Will We See "Processing Nodes"?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

When Will We See "Processing Nodes"?

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 
The title explains most of it... When do you guys think we will see processing nodes for gpu's? As in, if you want 3 way SLI, you don't really need all 3 sets of rear I/O. If watercooled, these processing nodes could be single slot, so you could use the slot that they normally cover.

Processing nodes already exist in Nvidia Tesla;


But when would it carry over to consumers? The 6xx series of cards are annoying me with their dual slot IO... It is making 3 way SLI very impractical / impossible for me...
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy1998 View Post

The title explains most of it... When do you guys think we will see processing nodes for gpu's? As in, if you want 3 way SLI, you don't really need all 3 sets of rear I/O. If watercooled, these processing nodes could be single slot, so you could use the slot that they normally cover.
Processing nodes already exist in Nvidia Tesla;
But when would it carry over to consumers? The 6xx series of cards are annoying me with their dual slot IO... It is making 3 way SLI very impractical / impossible for me...

I really don't see why. Your motherboard has the x16 lanes spaced right, and your case can handle that many slots, so I don't see the problem here at all unless you have a sound card or something.
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

I really don't see why. Your motherboard has the x16 lanes spaced right, and your case can handle that many slots, so I don't see the problem here at all unless you have a sound card or something.
It's actually a future build, with the Rampage IV extreme. And I need a sound card and a NIC. It would all fit... But if for any reason I wanted to add anything, I'm SOL...
post #4 of 5
Well... could wait to see when this comes out I guess http://www.eteknix.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/GalaxyGTX680SingleSlot.jpg

Or get 2 690s for quad-SLI

Or go AMD/ATI
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

Well... could wait to see when this comes out I guess http://www.eteknix.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/GalaxyGTX680SingleSlot.jpg
Or get 2 690s for quad-SLI
Or go AMD/ATI
The single slot 680 probably wouldn't work because I doubt waterblocks will be made for it.
Also, 2 690's would be too much for me, and way overkill anyways. I will probably have to see what the 7xx series brings... And I'll get some cheaper temporary cards right now.
As for AMD, I dunno about them. Nvidia is leading the back from what I've seen in benchmarks. Plus, Nvidia Cuda helps with rendering quite a bit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › When Will We See "Processing Nodes"?