Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Banned from BF3 for opening a credit dispute?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Banned from BF3 for opening a credit dispute? - Page 3

post #21 of 31
If this is true then it's messed up. They won't even ban hackers and cheats, they just clear their stats.
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 31
Quote:
I don't know how anyone can defend EA's statement that if he ever opens a dispute again, they will ban him.
All I can say is, with consumers who shrug that one off, there just is no limit to what they will apparently take. So why wouldn't EA do this? They have people defending it.

Again, I don't believe we were given enough details by the OP. I'm not saying EA is the god send of game companies, I'm just saying there is probably a reason they did what they did. The reason I said not enough detail is I don't believe it's ever, just not for this concern. Also, it depends on the rep you talk to. Some hate their lives and take it out on the people that call, others are more than willing to help. I'd say that if you get an a-hole of a rep, wait a few hours or a day and try again to get someone new.
Quote:
But that doesn't make it right, just because it could happen with most companies. We are talking about a game, nothing too expensive to make such a big deal from, with all the money this developers/publishers/distributors are making with each sale, there shouldn't have to be a reason to banned you for no reason until they can find what's actually going on. I'm not saying that getting banned is a life/death situation, but come on, let the kid play until you resolve the issue.

You do realize that developing a video game costs them millions of dollars and they have to sell millions of copies to make a profit? They don't make that much per sale considering how much it costs to develop. The goal of a company is to please the masses in order to keep your consumers happy. If you have to temp ban one person to prevent them from hacking, phishing, etc, then that is something they are willing to do. Losing one person is better than losing hundreds. Now yes, if they abuse this it will end up causing more harm than good, but I'm just trying to shed light on why they do what they do, whether it seems fair or not.
Infection
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 Asus M5A99FX Pro Powercolor HD7870 G.SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate Barracuda Western Digital Caviar Black Intel SSD Asus Blu-ray 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC 750 RS240 Kit Alphacool HF Primochill Tubing Monsoon Compression Fittings 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional Asus 21.5" Full HD LED Backlight Logitech G510 EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650 
CaseMouseAudioOther
CoolerMaster Storm Scout Logitech G600 Insignia 2.1 Speaker System TP-Link Wireless USB 
  hide details  
Reply
Infection
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 Asus M5A99FX Pro Powercolor HD7870 G.SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate Barracuda Western Digital Caviar Black Intel SSD Asus Blu-ray 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC 750 RS240 Kit Alphacool HF Primochill Tubing Monsoon Compression Fittings 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional Asus 21.5" Full HD LED Backlight Logitech G510 EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650 
CaseMouseAudioOther
CoolerMaster Storm Scout Logitech G600 Insignia 2.1 Speaker System TP-Link Wireless USB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkArc View Post

Quote:
I don't know how anyone can defend EA's statement that if he ever opens a dispute again, they will ban him.
All I can say is, with consumers who shrug that one off, there just is no limit to what they will apparently take. So why wouldn't EA do this? They have people defending it.

Again, I don't believe we were given enough details by the OP. I'm not saying EA is the god send of game companies, I'm just saying there is probably a reason they did what they did. The reason I said not enough detail is I don't believe it's ever, just not for this concern. Also, it depends on the rep you talk to. Some hate their lives and take it out on the people that call, others are more than willing to help. I'd say that if you get an a-hole of a rep, wait a few hours or a day and try again to get someone new.
Quote:
But that doesn't make it right, just because it could happen with most companies. We are talking about a game, nothing too expensive to make such a big deal from, with all the money this developers/publishers/distributors are making with each sale, there shouldn't have to be a reason to banned you for no reason until they can find what's actually going on. I'm not saying that getting banned is a life/death situation, but come on, let the kid play until you resolve the issue.

You do realize that developing a video game costs them millions of dollars and they have to sell millions of copies to make a profit? They don't make that much per sale considering how much it costs to develop. The goal of a company is to please the masses in order to keep your consumers happy. If you have to temp ban one person to prevent them from hacking, phishing, etc, then that is something they are willing to do. Losing one person is better than losing hundreds. Now yes, if they abuse this it will end up causing more harm than good, but I'm just trying to shed light on why they do what they do, whether it seems fair or not.

But you are talking about people trying to cheat the system, my brother got charged for something he never received, and he call them to let them know about the situation. I do know how much money the probably invest, and developers usually get screwed by publishers, but why do they feels its necessary to ban somebody because he is trying to get his money back? He is not cheating, he is not stealing, there was an issue with his purchase, and he was trying to resolve it. Does anybody know a way to resolve this issue without complaining to EA? I don't know why some people defend EA, this could have been any of us, and I'm sure that the next step for any of us that got tangled in a similar situation would have done the same. Oh but wait, most people think its better to complaint about the ending of mass effect 3 than something like this, a lot of people felt cheated because the ending wasn't what they expected or what it was announced or talked about. A lot a people thought it was fine to complaint about that, even sue bioware. I personally think that's stupid, but hey everybody is entitled to their own comments.
Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
post #24 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasl46 View Post

But you are talking about people trying to cheat the system, my brother got charged for something he never received, and he call them to let them know about the situation. I do know how much money the probably invest, and developers usually get screwed by publishers, but why do they feels its necessary to ban somebody because he is trying to get his money back? He is not cheating, he is not stealing, there was an issue with his purchase, and he was trying to resolve it. Does anybody know a way to resolve this issue without complaining to EA? I don't know why some people defend EA, this could have been any of us, and I'm sure that the next step for any of us that got tangled in a similar situation would have done the same. Oh but wait, most people think its better to complaint about the ending of mass effect 3 than something like this, a lot of people felt cheated because the ending wasn't what they expected or what it was announced or talked about. A lot a people thought it was fine to complaint about that, even sue bioware. I personally think that's stupid, but hey everybody is entitled to their own comments.
Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

I'm not trying to defend EA, I'm defending the concept of game development. I understand something went wrong with the system, but look at it from EA's POV. Someone bought something, and now decides he wants his money back. To me, that would look like fraud. That is probably why he got banned temporarily; they were investigating what happened exactly. As someone had previously stated, the consumer is guilty until proven innocent. Sucks, but that's how it goes. I'm not trying to say EA is great because it isn't. They are just trying to make their money, same as everyone else.

As far as resolving it, how did he buy it? Console or PC? Did he use Origin?
Infection
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 Asus M5A99FX Pro Powercolor HD7870 G.SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate Barracuda Western Digital Caviar Black Intel SSD Asus Blu-ray 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC 750 RS240 Kit Alphacool HF Primochill Tubing Monsoon Compression Fittings 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional Asus 21.5" Full HD LED Backlight Logitech G510 EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650 
CaseMouseAudioOther
CoolerMaster Storm Scout Logitech G600 Insignia 2.1 Speaker System TP-Link Wireless USB 
  hide details  
Reply
Infection
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 Asus M5A99FX Pro Powercolor HD7870 G.SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate Barracuda Western Digital Caviar Black Intel SSD Asus Blu-ray 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC 750 RS240 Kit Alphacool HF Primochill Tubing Monsoon Compression Fittings 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional Asus 21.5" Full HD LED Backlight Logitech G510 EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650 
CaseMouseAudioOther
CoolerMaster Storm Scout Logitech G600 Insignia 2.1 Speaker System TP-Link Wireless USB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkArc View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasl46 View Post

But you are talking about people trying to cheat the system, my brother got charged for something he never received, and he call them to let them know about the situation. I do know how much money the probably invest, and developers usually get screwed by publishers, but why do they feels its necessary to ban somebody because he is trying to get his money back? He is not cheating, he is not stealing, there was an issue with his purchase, and he was trying to resolve it. Does anybody know a way to resolve this issue without complaining to EA? I don't know why some people defend EA, this could have been any of us, and I'm sure that the next step for any of us that got tangled in a similar situation would have done the same. Oh but wait, most people think its better to complaint about the ending of mass effect 3 than something like this, a lot of people felt cheated because the ending wasn't what they expected or what it was announced or talked about. A lot a people thought it was fine to complaint about that, even sue bioware. I personally think that's stupid, but hey everybody is entitled to their own comments.
Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

I'm not trying to defend EA, I'm defending the concept of game development. I understand something went wrong with the system, but look at it from EA's POV. Someone bought something, and now decides he wants his money back. To me, that would look like fraud. That is probably why he got banned temporarily; they were investigating what happened exactly. As someone had previously stated, the consumer is guilty until proven innocent. Sucks, but that's how it goes. I'm not trying to say EA is great because it isn't. They are just trying to make their money, same as everyone else.

As far as resolving it, how did he buy it? Console or PC? Did he use Origin?
Reading the original post, I forgot to mention that EA had no record of the transaction, my brother didn't get the DLC (which I'm sure EA can tell if you download it or not) got charged for the DLC, and got banned from asking for his money back. He bought it from Origins.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
post #26 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasl46 View Post

Reading the original post, I forgot to mention that EA had no record of the transaction, my brother didn't get the DLC (which I'm sure EA can tell if you download it or not) got charged for the DLC, and got banned from asking for his money back. He bought it from Origins.
Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

And that gives me a ton more information. The following is a logical guess.

Since he purchased it from Origins, not directly through EA, he would need to contact Origin Support. If EA didn't have a record of the transaction and he was asking for his money back, then yes that definitely looks like fraud. If he contacts Origin Support and says that something went wrong they would be able to help him more than EA support would. Think about it this way, say you bought a Samsung TV from Best Buy and you needed to return it, would you go to Best Buy and complain or would you go to Samsung and ask for your money back.
Infection
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 Asus M5A99FX Pro Powercolor HD7870 G.SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate Barracuda Western Digital Caviar Black Intel SSD Asus Blu-ray 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC 750 RS240 Kit Alphacool HF Primochill Tubing Monsoon Compression Fittings 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional Asus 21.5" Full HD LED Backlight Logitech G510 EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650 
CaseMouseAudioOther
CoolerMaster Storm Scout Logitech G600 Insignia 2.1 Speaker System TP-Link Wireless USB 
  hide details  
Reply
Infection
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 Asus M5A99FX Pro Powercolor HD7870 G.SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate Barracuda Western Digital Caviar Black Intel SSD Asus Blu-ray 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC 750 RS240 Kit Alphacool HF Primochill Tubing Monsoon Compression Fittings 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional Asus 21.5" Full HD LED Backlight Logitech G510 EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650 
CaseMouseAudioOther
CoolerMaster Storm Scout Logitech G600 Insignia 2.1 Speaker System TP-Link Wireless USB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkArc View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasl46 View Post

Reading the original post, I forgot to mention that EA had no record of the transaction, my brother didn't get the DLC (which I'm sure EA can tell if you download it or not) got charged for the DLC, and got banned from asking for his money back. He bought it from Origins.
Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

And that gives me a ton more information. The following is a logical guess.

Since he purchased it from Origins, not directly through EA, he would need to contact Origin Support. If EA didn't have a record of the transaction and he was asking for his money back, then yes that definitely looks like fraud. If he contacts Origin Support and says that something went wrong they would be able to help him more than EA support would. Think about it this way, say you bought a Samsung TV from Best Buy and you needed to return it, would you go to Best Buy and complain or would you go to Samsung and ask for your money back.

Origin is EA's Storefront. Same company. If the charge went on to his card and he did not receive the product. He did the exact right thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasl46 View Post

When he checked his online banking account, he realized that he was charged for the DLC, even do the transaction didn't go through for him. After that, he did what anyone would have done in his place, contact EA for a refund on that transaction. I believe he was using the live chat to get in touch with a customer service rep. The guy told him that there was no record of any transaction under his name, but they were going to open a dispute to get him his money back.

So the EA rep opened the original dispute for him and his account was banned? This makes no sense. and requiring you to agree not to dispute in the future is just stupid.
I could understand if you just contacted the bank to do a chargeback without contacting support first (as this would be against the TOS for any download service) but to ban an account for the actions of a CSR is asinine
post #28 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivacs View Post

Origin is EA's Storefront. Same company. If the charge went on to his card and he did not receive the product. He did the exact right thing.

Correct but they use different reps for different reasons. I don't know if you played SWTOR when it was first released, but there were some major issues with the Origin pre-orders with people not getting codes and what not. EA had absolutely no access to that and we had to go through Origins in order to get the code. Origins is a digital seller, and since that's who he bought it from, that is who I'd go through to get money back.
Infection
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 Asus M5A99FX Pro Powercolor HD7870 G.SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate Barracuda Western Digital Caviar Black Intel SSD Asus Blu-ray 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC 750 RS240 Kit Alphacool HF Primochill Tubing Monsoon Compression Fittings 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional Asus 21.5" Full HD LED Backlight Logitech G510 EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650 
CaseMouseAudioOther
CoolerMaster Storm Scout Logitech G600 Insignia 2.1 Speaker System TP-Link Wireless USB 
  hide details  
Reply
Infection
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 Asus M5A99FX Pro Powercolor HD7870 G.SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate Barracuda Western Digital Caviar Black Intel SSD Asus Blu-ray 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC 750 RS240 Kit Alphacool HF Primochill Tubing Monsoon Compression Fittings 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional Asus 21.5" Full HD LED Backlight Logitech G510 EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650 
CaseMouseAudioOther
CoolerMaster Storm Scout Logitech G600 Insignia 2.1 Speaker System TP-Link Wireless USB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 31
just my 2 cents... have you actualy read the eula???


when you buy the game you are ac tualy just renting the game from EA... also when you agree to there terms and conditions they can go onto your pc and get what evr they want from it...!! that is the only reason why i have not bought there game... i will not bow down to there demands and rent a game from them
Server1 - Main
(17 items)
 
Slow Coach
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K Asus z97 Hero Gigabyte 980Ti 6gb Kingston Hyper X 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
M500 M500 OCZ ARC H100i 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Enterprise  Prolite GB2488HSU Prolite GB2488HSU Prolite GB2488HSU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Corsair AX860 Fractal Design R4 Razer Mamba 
Audio
Razer 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
1055T Gigabyte 990fx UD5 corsair 4 x 2 GiG 2 x 1 terabyte Western Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
3 x 500 gig WD Black Pix Fractal Design Fans x 2 Server 2012 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
mstsc mstsc 400 watt corsair Fractal Design R5 
MouseOtherOtherOther
mstsc EATON 5110 UPS StarView SV231UADVI KVM LSI controller card 4 port 
Other
Intel DualPort Gigabit NIC PRO1000PT 
  hide details  
Reply
Server1 - Main
(17 items)
 
Slow Coach
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K Asus z97 Hero Gigabyte 980Ti 6gb Kingston Hyper X 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
M500 M500 OCZ ARC H100i 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Enterprise  Prolite GB2488HSU Prolite GB2488HSU Prolite GB2488HSU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Corsair AX860 Fractal Design R4 Razer Mamba 
Audio
Razer 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
1055T Gigabyte 990fx UD5 corsair 4 x 2 GiG 2 x 1 terabyte Western Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
3 x 500 gig WD Black Pix Fractal Design Fans x 2 Server 2012 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
mstsc mstsc 400 watt corsair Fractal Design R5 
MouseOtherOtherOther
mstsc EATON 5110 UPS StarView SV231UADVI KVM LSI controller card 4 port 
Other
Intel DualPort Gigabit NIC PRO1000PT 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 31
i bought some dlc for bf3 a while ago, and immediately after i paid nothing happened. No email, and in the origin statements tab, it said no recent transactions, then a full day later, there was a pending statement for that order, and 2 days after that, it said that it was cancelled. Im not sure what that was about, but personally i have never had that happen when purchasing DLC, its usually instantaneous. I feel bad, because your story just pisses me off about how BS this companies policies are, as well as the support and service.
Silencer Mk-I
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-8400 ASRock Z370 Extreme4 EVGA GTX 1080 ti Black Edition 16GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1TB Samsung 850 EVO Hyper 212+ EVO Windows 10 64-bit Dell S2716DGR 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G810 EVGA 650W Supernova G3 NZXT S340 Elite Red Razer DeathAdder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudio
Hyper-X Fury Pro Extended Logitech G433 
  hide details  
Reply
Silencer Mk-I
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-8400 ASRock Z370 Extreme4 EVGA GTX 1080 ti Black Edition 16GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1TB Samsung 850 EVO Hyper 212+ EVO Windows 10 64-bit Dell S2716DGR 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G810 EVGA 650W Supernova G3 NZXT S340 Elite Red Razer DeathAdder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudio
Hyper-X Fury Pro Extended Logitech G433 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Banned from BF3 for opening a credit dispute?