Originally Posted by Xylene
Anyone have one of these boards with a remotely current GPU in it? I am about to buy one but I read a forum post about how a lot of GPUs don't work on it. I want to throw a 9800 GT in it if possible. I tried Googling but couldn't find much info.
I am running an nVidia Quadro 2000D on my S5000PSL. Here's what I did:
- Updated the BIOS (this might be your problem).
- Added PCI-e riser card (required for 2U rack)
- Added nVidia Quadro 2000D (no external power connectors on this card)
- Booted into Setup, then disabled on-board video and dual display settings (does not affect external video cards)
- Booted into Windows
- Installed drivers
- Downloaded and installed latest video drivers
- Haven't had a hitch
Prior to that I had an older nVidia Quadro FX3400, which I had problems with. Turned out to be driver compatibility problems with Windows 7, as opposed to a problem with the hardware compatibility.
Hope that helps.Brandon