Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › G400, Spawn, Kova or something else
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

G400, Spawn, Kova or something else - Page 3

post #21 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailertn View Post

@tehort: Isn't it length rather than width that makes fingertip impossible? I mean if I can hold a basketball palm down pretty sure I can handle a wide mouse too. But if it is not long enough to touch the back of my palm then every direction is 100% on the fingers, forcing me into a claw grip essentially. Or am I mistaken?

Not if the mouse has long buttons which can be pressed up to almost the middle of the mouse(such as mx518 and the Sensei/Kana/Kinzu).
I don't really use the Spawn because it gives me tendinitis, and the sensor is pretty problematic for low sens users.

I would recommend getting an Kana or Sensei Raw rubberized, this Steelseries shape is really awesome and suits all grips very well.
When I'm relaxed I play mostly fingertip, but I usually use some sort of hybrid palm in on-line fps, and so far, the Spawn, G9x, MX518 all failed on me in terms of confort compared to the Sensei/Xai.
Actually, I kinda like the g9x naked biggrin.gif

And if you like the G400 you most likely will love the shape of the Sensei, I've used for many many years the MX518 and G5, which are pretty much the same shape as the G400.
Edited by tehort - 8/24/12 at 1:59pm
post #22 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehort View Post

Not if the mouse has long buttons which can be pressed up to almost the middle of the mouse(such as mx518 and the Sensei/Kana/Kinzu).
I don't really use the Spawn because it gives me tendinitis, and the sensor is pretty problematic for low sens users.
I would recommend getting an Kana or Sensei Raw rubberized, this Steelseries shape is really awesome and suits all grips very well.
When I'm relaxed I play mostly fingertip, but I usually use some sort of hybrid palm in on-line fps, and so far, the Spawn, G9x, MX518 all failed on me in terms of confort compared to the Sensei/Xai.
Actually, I kinda like the g9x naked biggrin.gif
And if you like the G400 you most likely will love the shape of the Sensei, I've used for many many years the MX518 and G5, which are pretty much the same shape as the G400.

The spawn's sensor is about as flawless as it gets.

Avoid the Sensei if you want linear tracking.
Quote:
Avago DIP-16 Laserstream™ Gaming Sensor

*snip*

-This architecture does not or hasn't provided 1:1 linear tracking within it's rated specification window of 150 IPS. If you are seeking accurate point A to point B movement, look else where until the manufacturer corrects the hardware or ROM.  Otherwise the accel curve is within 5% of its linear range.


Credit and logged by http://wikis.jp/interfacedevice

Explanation: 1:1 movement is shown as 100% on the graph above. With lower IPS movement, the Xai hits a small negative acceleration curve around 0.6 or 0.7 meters/s or 25 IPS. After 1meter/s or 40 IPS, the sensor goes into a wobble effect of positive acceleration above the linear range. This remains the case with newer 9800 branded mice as well. Last update 7/28/2012
post #23 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahayassen View Post

The spawn's sensor is about as flawless as it gets.
Avoid the Sensei if you want linear tracking.

Forget the charts.
Seriously. The sensor is picky about pads, either I get the low LOD FW which only works on black pads, or I get the FW with huge lift off, and yet low perfect speed.
I measured the accel of the Spawn with the Sensei and MX518 on a fast swipe, and the Spawn is way way off the starting point, I dont even have to try hard enough.
It also is pretty crappy(jitter is very noticeable) at 800 DPI/125/250hz which is the only way to get decent malfunction speed.

At least the Sensei has super-duper low LOD, is consistent on most surfaces(not the Xai), tracks good at any DPI, jitter free and never ever reached the perfect malfunction speed.
I can get used to the 3~5% accel of the Sensei, but not the nitpicking of the Spawn sensor.
Edited by tehort - 8/24/12 at 5:14pm
post #24 of 31
V61 has been out for months and corrected most of the issues you mention. The original firmware was simply "bad" and is understandable why you're turned off by the mouse because of that.

Tracking fidelity is okay. Not bad, but not amazing either. Max speed in terms of IPS is VERY good. Lift off distance is higher on dark surfaces, but this isn't exactly a flaw.
post #25 of 31
I think CM Storm should finally update their site with fw v61.
post #26 of 31
I've used the DeathAdder.It didn't feel very comfortable for me.Just bought a G400 and couldn't be happier with my purchase.It feels exactly like the MX518 which for me is instant buy. thumb.gif
post #27 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0str0 View Post

I've used the DeathAdder.It didn't feel very comfortable for me.Just bought a G400 and couldn't be happier with my purchase.It feels exactly like the MX518 which for me is instant buy. thumb.gif


The ergonomics on both mouse are very different. You just cant hold them the same way. I've found that using the deathadder right after using a G400 felt very, very uncomfortable. After a while you get used to it and it become awesome, but the transition is pretty rough.

I own both mouse and I keep going back to the deathadder. It's the little curves at the end of both buttons that makes the mice so comfortable for me. wubsmiley.gif
post #28 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post

V61 has been out for months and corrected most of the issues you mention. The original firmware was simply "bad" and is understandable why you're turned off by the mouse because of that.
Tracking fidelity is okay. Not bad, but not amazing either. Max speed in terms of IPS is VERY good. Lift off distance is higher on dark surfaces, but this isn't exactly a flaw.

Too bad, I didn't like the shape anyway, or the cord. Great main buttons though.

Apparently the FW isn't updated on their CMStorm website which I checked a few days ago.
Found it on cm-usa which wasn't my first Google result tongue.gif
post #29 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0str0 View Post

I've used the DeathAdder.It didn't feel very comfortable for me.Just bought a G400 and couldn't be happier with my purchase.It feels exactly like the MX518 which for me is instant buy. thumb.gif

Good choice. One of the few mice that have a perfect sensor.
post #30 of 31
Nothings "perfect".
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › G400, Spawn, Kova or something else