Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [MC/Corsair] Corsair 900D "Godzilla" unveiled
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[MC/Corsair] Corsair 900D "Godzilla" unveiled - Page 16

post #151 of 5815
My dad has a 1988 Suburban with 400k on it, still drives it, but there are all kinds of problems with it.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #152 of 5815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan View Post

My dad has a 1988 Suburban with 400k on it, still drives it, but there are all kinds of problems with it.

The old 80's diesel Mercedes were basically just broken in at 250k miles. Amazing amazing cars. You take care of them the car would do 500+K. The issue with cars like that and I'd guess your Dads suburban is things around the car other then the engine start to fall apart.

Nowadays most cars crap out around 150k-200k regardless of manufacturer. Or at least get to the point where they're not worth fixing anymore.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k (EK Supremacy Evo) *4.7 @ 1.312 Asus Maximus VIII gene GTX 1080 FE (EK nickel/plexi)* 2075/5401 16gb Corsair 3200  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950pro M.2 256gb Samsung 850 Evo - 512 - Steam Samsung 850 Evo - 512 - Other Apps EK Res 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK pump top XSPC EX 360 XSPC EX 240 10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 TKL  EVGA 650 Fractal Arc Mini 2 G303 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k (EK Supremacy Evo) *4.7 @ 1.312 Asus Maximus VIII gene GTX 1080 FE (EK nickel/plexi)* 2075/5401 16gb Corsair 3200  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950pro M.2 256gb Samsung 850 Evo - 512 - Steam Samsung 850 Evo - 512 - Other Apps EK Res 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK pump top XSPC EX 360 XSPC EX 240 10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 TKL  EVGA 650 Fractal Arc Mini 2 G303 
  hide details  
Reply
post #153 of 5815
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheraPants View Post

Don't know what happened to my post but I assume you're referring to me.
1) Okay, it's all Aluminum. So what? It's lighter? I'm not carrying these monster cases around anyway. It's easier to mod? Isn't the point of buying one of these huge cases is that you don't HAVE to mod it to do the things you want?
2) I just checked Corsair's website and a new side panel for an 800D is $29. They don't offer customization, which is what I think is really the only awesome thing about CaseLabs, is you can order exactly what you want.
3) Not a lot of standard 2.5" USB panels to be honest - unless you meant 3.5" (typo?) in which case, why should I have to? That piece can't cost more than a few bucks. For a $400 case he should include it. We're making excuses. Even $20 cases come with a USB panel on the front and one fan.

No offense, but have you've ever actually used one? or done a large wc build for that matter? I would guess not. I doubt many CL owners are losing much sleep over the issues you've raised. If you don't need one fine, but if you've ever done a serious wc build, you'll quickly realize the pros completely outweigh the cons. If you don't need one or can't see the benefit of it, then fine, no one is forcing you to get one. Yes, they are expensive, most specialty items are. But for some of us they very much worth it. Welcome to OCN BTW wink.gif
Long Time Coming
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
TBD EVGA X58 4-Way SLI TBD 8GBCorsair 1600MHz Vengence 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
128GB SSD + WD Black 1 GB ASUS Win 7 64 bit Samsung 19" (To be upgraded) 
PowerCaseMouse
TBD Case Labs M10 Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
Long Time Coming
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
TBD EVGA X58 4-Way SLI TBD 8GBCorsair 1600MHz Vengence 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
128GB SSD + WD Black 1 GB ASUS Win 7 64 bit Samsung 19" (To be upgraded) 
PowerCaseMouse
TBD Case Labs M10 Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #154 of 5815
I'm really lose in this case labs vs corsair quality battle everyone.is having.. if the.corsair 900D is priced as $350 it is not competing with case labs.or Ld cooling..

A case lab case doesn't.come.with all the accessories needed at its price listed.. I just put together a shm10 and its finished price with shipping is $670.. how is $350 or even $400 in the same league!
post #155 of 5815
TBH, I'm not sure what the ruckus is about. Corsair and CL serve different users. We don't have any idea what the 900D will even cost, most likely somewhere between $350 (probably too low) to $500 (probably too high). Maybe it has something to do with the Merlin release. I usually like to stay out of religious wars like this, but felt that some of the comments were like having someone walk up to a Ferrari and complain that their RAV4 has more cargo space rolleyes.gif

If Corsair really does release a 900d (and this isn't some kind of marketing ploy), it should be interesting to see how it compares to Merlin. As customers, we win when the competition is tough biggrin.gif
Edited by WorkingJoe - 8/26/12 at 5:50pm
Long Time Coming
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
TBD EVGA X58 4-Way SLI TBD 8GBCorsair 1600MHz Vengence 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
128GB SSD + WD Black 1 GB ASUS Win 7 64 bit Samsung 19" (To be upgraded) 
PowerCaseMouse
TBD Case Labs M10 Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
Long Time Coming
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
TBD EVGA X58 4-Way SLI TBD 8GBCorsair 1600MHz Vengence 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
128GB SSD + WD Black 1 GB ASUS Win 7 64 bit Samsung 19" (To be upgraded) 
PowerCaseMouse
TBD Case Labs M10 Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #156 of 5815
I own an 800D. Heavy as hell, horrible case airflow. Can't even use a non-reference GPU cause the airflow sucks so much.

Anyways...it gets the job done cause I'm only using a 360 rad to cool my cpu and that's about it. Others who might want to put in several rads and do multiple GPUs might not like the 800D, so I don't blame people who crap on this model.

If I ever decided to get stupid and do a Haswell/Multi-GPU Maxwell build and watercool it I'd definitely consider getting a new case and I don't think I'd go with Corsair.

I'm not a super enthusiast like you guys who has multiple 1600P monitors and QUAD SLI so take my crappy opinion for what it's worth smile.gif
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel Core i7] [*T] [Intel iGPU] [*] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
[*] [Windows 7 Professional 64-bit] [Samsung SyncMaster P2770FH 27" 1080P] [Logitech MK320 cordless] 
PowerCaseMouse
[Corsair AX1200] [Corsair Obsidian 800D] [Logitech MK300 cordless] 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel Core i7] [*T] [Intel iGPU] [*] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
[*] [Windows 7 Professional 64-bit] [Samsung SyncMaster P2770FH 27" 1080P] [Logitech MK320 cordless] 
PowerCaseMouse
[Corsair AX1200] [Corsair Obsidian 800D] [Logitech MK300 cordless] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #157 of 5815
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHighScore View Post

OH
MY
GOD!
I just switched my case for the 4th time in a year. My wife will kill me if I do it a 5th.

Lol, I've been guilty of switching gear and cases frequently. I was surely tempted with the Azza Genesis but my gpu(s) were the factor that pulled me from that temptation biggrin.gif.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMattes View Post

I'm really lose in this case labs vs corsair quality battle everyone.is having.. if the.corsair 900D is priced as $350 it is not competing with case labs.or Ld cooling..
A case lab case doesn't.come.with all the accessories needed at its price listed.. I just put together a shm10 and its finished price with shipping is $670.. how is $350 or even $400 in the same league!

qftt
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingJoe View Post

TBH, I'm not sure what the ruckus is about. Corsair and CL serve different users. We don't have any idea what the 900D will even cost, most likely somewhere between $350 (probably too low) to $500 (probably too high). Maybe it has something to do with the Merlin release. I usually like to stay out of religious wars like this, but felt that some of the comments were like having someone walk up to a Ferrari and complain that their RAV4 has more cargo space rolleyes.gif
If Corsair really does release a 900d (and this isn't some kind of marketing ploy), it should be interesting to see how it compares to Merlin. As customers, we win when the competition is tough biggrin.gif

qftt
Quote:
Originally Posted by i7monkey View Post

I own an 800D. Heavy as hell, horrible case airflow. Can't even use a non-reference GPU cause the airflow sucks so much.
Anyways...it gets the job done cause I'm only using a 360 rad to cool my cpu and that's about it. Others who might want to put in several rads and do multiple GPUs might not like the 800D, so I don't blame people who crap on this model.
If I ever decided to get stupid and do a Haswell/Multi-GPU Maxwell build and watercool it I'd definitely consider getting a new case and I don't think I'd go with Corsair.
I'm not a super enthusiast like you guys who has multiple 1600P monitors and QUAD SLI so take my crappy opinion for what it's worth smile.gif

Corsair really never meant for the 800/700D to be air coolers. As much as they defended it, to the enthusiast, it was plain and simple. This was a water cooling case first and little thought was given to air cooling. I don't blame them but a flagship case should be able to tackle both well imho. Not one great and the other not so. I'm sure they will put in more emphasis in the 900D as far as air cooling. CM did a great job on the Cosmos II, though I wouldn't call it perfect.



I haven't seen this CL comparison and ruckus on the TJ11. That case is over priced imho, by ~$150-200. Its right in the middle of shark infested territory. Where talking, CL, LD, MM, DD, etc. sharks, yet there's seems to be a market for them. People are still buying them. I don't see it but I guess its a highend mass-produced case that doesn't have a lot of the custom case cons. So, CL lovers eager to bash the 900D, I think the TJ11 is a more appropriate target wink.gif
post #158 of 5815
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post

I haven't seen this CL comparison and ruckus on the TJ11. That case is over priced imho, by ~$150-200. Its right in the middle of shark infested territory. Where talking, CL, LD, MM, DD, etc. sharks, yet there's seems to be a market for them. People are still buying them. I don't see it but I guess its a highend mass-produced case that doesn't have a lot of the custom case cons. So, CL lovers eager to bash the 900D, I think the TJ11 is a more appropriate target wink.gif

I think the TJ11 is amazing purely because of the looks and the rotated motherboard. I mean, it's so awesome, actually being able to SEE the coolant flowing through your blocks. Makes me wonder why there's all these awesome looking GPU blocks when you can't even see them in 99% of cases..
My ROG Rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8120 @4.2ghz  ASUS Crosshair V Formula Sapphire HD7870 XT 2x4gb Red Vengeance 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 1tb Lite-On iHas324 NZXT Havik 140 Windows 7 Profession 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS MW221 21.5in Monitor 1680x1050 Compaq Corsair AX-850 CoolerMaster HAF X 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Tt eSports Theron Razer Goliathus Control Audioengine A2 Audioengine DS1 
Audio
Xonar Phoebus  
  hide details  
Reply
My ROG Rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8120 @4.2ghz  ASUS Crosshair V Formula Sapphire HD7870 XT 2x4gb Red Vengeance 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 1tb Lite-On iHas324 NZXT Havik 140 Windows 7 Profession 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS MW221 21.5in Monitor 1680x1050 Compaq Corsair AX-850 CoolerMaster HAF X 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Tt eSports Theron Razer Goliathus Control Audioengine A2 Audioengine DS1 
Audio
Xonar Phoebus  
  hide details  
Reply
post #159 of 5815
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentKilla78 View Post

I think the TJ11 is amazing purely because of the looks and the rotated motherboard. I mean, it's so awesome, actually being able to SEE the coolant flowing through your blocks. Makes me wonder why there's all these awesome looking GPU blocks when you can't even see them in 99% of cases..


The $160 Azza Genesis has a removable and rotatable mb tray wink.gif





Btw, the only block maker that was still making plexi tops for their gpu blocks (EK) has gone to a glazed plexi look. Most other makers have solid tops or are using pom/acetal. Honestly, I thought this was so cool as well, but you can barely see it. Best thing to show off in a loop is the tube w/ colored liquid and the reservoir. Nickel parts are becoming very popular as it has the bling effect. Just be careful with EK nickel products rolleyes.gif
Edited by wermad - 8/27/12 at 12:16am
post #160 of 5815
now that is a stunning case (aswell as the 900D tongue.gif )
Flicker
(29 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k Asrock Extreme 6 z77 NVIDIA GTX 770 G.skill 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SAMSUNG 128GB SSD HITACHI 7200RPM HDD (2TB) LG 24x optical drive x2 2x bitfenix spectre green 120mm fans 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Noctua NH-U12P 4x included case fans Win 7 home premium 64bit Asus 27" 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Cherry Black Green LED TKL silverstone 850W Corsair Carbide 500r logitech G400 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
razer goliathusXL Sony MDRZX600R Audio Technica ATH M-50 V-Moda XS Shadow 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Sony MDR XB 700 JDS Labs Objective2 ODAC Sony MDR-V6 Audio technica ATH M-35 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
V-Moda Crossfade M-100 (shadow) Audio Technica ATH-M35 Audio Technica SJ11 Audio Technica SJ55 
Other
Blue Snowball microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
Flicker
(29 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k Asrock Extreme 6 z77 NVIDIA GTX 770 G.skill 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SAMSUNG 128GB SSD HITACHI 7200RPM HDD (2TB) LG 24x optical drive x2 2x bitfenix spectre green 120mm fans 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Noctua NH-U12P 4x included case fans Win 7 home premium 64bit Asus 27" 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Cherry Black Green LED TKL silverstone 850W Corsair Carbide 500r logitech G400 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
razer goliathusXL Sony MDRZX600R Audio Technica ATH M-50 V-Moda XS Shadow 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Sony MDR XB 700 JDS Labs Objective2 ODAC Sony MDR-V6 Audio technica ATH M-35 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
V-Moda Crossfade M-100 (shadow) Audio Technica ATH-M35 Audio Technica SJ11 Audio Technica SJ55 
Other
Blue Snowball microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [MC/Corsair] Corsair 900D "Godzilla" unveiled