Originally Posted by CorsairGeorge
April 16th is the NDA lift date.
TTL and a couple other guys got their review units fine, but some of the first shipments were damaged. In order to make it fair to all the review sites that we selected, we moved the NDA date to April 16th. Otherwise, through no fault of their own, the guys at WebsiteX.com or whatever would be screwed out of having launch-day reviews.
Nobody will be able to buy the unit anywhere until then anyway, so it doesn't change anything.
I do have some good news - the tooling modifications we made have worked, and we have very high quality units in production.
And better news - I will be giving a few cases away. Not sure on how yet, facebook probably, or maybe I'll just randomly pick through this thread and see who's going to build the most ridiculous thing and send them a case so I can see them do it. Not sure yet. But I'll post here before I start the contest so you guys have a fair shot at it.
I'm just waiting for the 900D before I can build my "Superman machine". I'll be showcasing my build process on youtube and this forum!
It will be fully lit with 2 seperate red and blue uv water cooling loops, alternating red and blue sleeved mb/pci-e cables, and will include the following components:
- ASUS Rampage IV Extreme X79 motherboard w/ EK Fullboard waterblocks (3/8ID; 5/8OD tubing - red uv)
- Intel 3930K cpu (targeted for 5GHz oc) w/ XSPC Raystorm waterblock (blue led & 1/2ID; 3/4OD tubing - blue uv)
- 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2133MHz ram
- 2x Geforce GTX Titans in SLI w/ EK FC waterblocks (1/2ID; 3/4OD tubing - blue uv)
- Corsair HX1050 psu
- CPU/GPU loop: EK Acetal Dual Pump top w/ 2x D5 strong pumps; Red uv tube resevoir; 1x XSPC extreme 480 rad in bottom of case - push/pull + XSPC RX420 radiator in top of case
- Motherboard loop: XSPC 750 Pump/res Dual slot 5.25"; XSPC RX360 radiator installed in front of case
- Corsair 900D case - of course!
- Corsair 120Gb ssd (not sure which yet) for OS (Win7-64bit Professional)
- Western Digital 600Gb Velociraptor hdd
- Patriot Pyro 240Gb ssd (for games & fast load stuff)
- Caviar Black 7200rmp 2Tb hdd (optional)
- Fan controller (undecided)
- Monitor: Yamkasi Catleap Extreme 2B 2560x1440p @ 120Hz
- LG 20x Blue-ray/DVD/CD-write drive
This "supermachine" is gonna be badass, and the wicked 900D will be the foundation of this crazy sick system.
RJTEdited by RJT - 3/25/13 at 11:01am