Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [MC/Corsair] Corsair 900D "Godzilla" unveiled
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[MC/Corsair] Corsair 900D "Godzilla" unveiled - Page 365

post #3641 of 5816
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJChangsta View Post

Does anyone know if there is a vented panel on the right side of the case (viewing from the front) for the space below the midplate?

I was thinking of putting 2 480 radiators vertically back to back with fans inbetween (>fan>radiator>fan>radiator>fan>) so the air goes left to right out of the case (front view). Mount the psu elsewhere. Pump and radiator can go on top of the midplate.

This would keep most of the heat out of the case because the air enters and exits below the midplate.
I couldn't tell from the video at CES or pictures if you can have the air flow go from one side of the case to the other horizontally.

Other thoughts:
If installing the psu is too difficult elsewhere, probably go with 2 360's on the bottom and 1 360 up top.

Without a PSU on the bottom you should be able to put 2 480s there.
Both sides are ventilated; in the pictures you can see 480+240 both on push/pull and the PSU with the fan taking air from the left side.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #3642 of 5816
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJChangsta View Post

Does anyone know if there is a vented panel on the right side of the case (viewing from the front) for the space below the midplate?

I was thinking of putting 2 480 radiators vertically back to back with fans inbetween (>fan>radiator>fan>radiator>fan>) so the air goes left to right out of the case (front view). Mount the psu elsewhere. Pump and radiator can go on top of the midplate.

This would keep most of the heat out of the case because the air enters and exits below the midplate.
I couldn't tell from the video at CES or pictures if you can have the air flow go from one side of the case to the other horizontally.

Other thoughts:
If installing the psu is too difficult elsewhere, probably go with 2 360's on the bottom and 1 360 up top.

I belive the setup you're proposing is counterproductive. Please google martins liquid lab. Martin tested the fan>rad>fan>rad>fan set up and I think the second rad was close to useless.
Fused III
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6850k Asus Rampage V Edition 10 MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI LIGHTNING Z MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI LIGHTNING Z 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200mhz Crucial M550 1TB Crucial M550 1TB Crucial M550 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M550 1TB Corsair H100i v2 Windows 10 Pro Acer X34 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair K65 EVGA 1000 G3 Corsair 400c 
  hide details  
Reply
Fused III
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6850k Asus Rampage V Edition 10 MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI LIGHTNING Z MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI LIGHTNING Z 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200mhz Crucial M550 1TB Crucial M550 1TB Crucial M550 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M550 1TB Corsair H100i v2 Windows 10 Pro Acer X34 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair K65 EVGA 1000 G3 Corsair 400c 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3643 of 5816
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiumone View Post

I belive the setup you're proposing is counterproductive. Please google martins liquid lab. Martin tested the fan>rad>fan>rad>fan set up and I think the second rad was close to useless.

Here's the link to the article in case the person wants it.

http://martinsliquidlab.org/2012/06/08/hesmelaughs-radiator-sandwich-testing/
post #3644 of 5816
Newegg now said ETA 4/30... anyone know where else can we order it quicker?
post #3645 of 5816
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybing View Post

Newegg now said ETA 4/30... anyone know where else can we order it quicker?
New egg one the first to get the case
post #3646 of 5816
Are there any information for a launch in Germany? If so, which retailers are going to get delivery first? Thx in advance
post #3647 of 5816
Caseking wird das Case erst im Mai erhalten. Wann genau ist nicht bekannt.
post #3648 of 5816
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiumone View Post

I belive the setup you're proposing is counterproductive. Please google martins liquid lab. Martin tested the fan>rad>fan>rad>fan set up and I think the second rad was close to useless.

Thank you for pointing out the article. It sums up that there isn't enough static pressure to cool the 2nd radiator.

Now I thought of crazy idea.
What if you set it up like in this picture I made. Like a cooling tunnel.
Front and back fans at a higher rpm to help move air flow out the back.
I feel like there might be too much intake and not enough exhaust.

post #3649 of 5816
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJChangsta View Post

Thank you for pointing out the article. It sums up that there isn't enough static pressure to cool the 2nd radiator.

Now I thought of crazy idea.
What if you set it up like in this picture I made. Like a cooling tunnel.
Front and back fans at a higher rpm to help move air flow out the back.
I feel like there might be too much intake and not enough exhaust.


it would be easier to just let a masive rectangular hole in the bottom (or at the top) , the air will find its path by itself smile.gif just believe
My Trusty PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 1366 950 EVGA Classified 3 EVGA 580 gtx G.skill Pi  
OSKeyboardPowerCase
W7 ultimate 64bit Logitec G510 Corsair  Haf X 
Mouse
Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Trusty PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 1366 950 EVGA Classified 3 EVGA 580 gtx G.skill Pi  
OSKeyboardPowerCase
W7 ultimate 64bit Logitec G510 Corsair  Haf X 
Mouse
Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3650 of 5816
Quote:
Originally Posted by c5USSR72 View Post

New egg one the first to get the case
Source?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [MC/Corsair] Corsair 900D "Godzilla" unveiled