Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [MC/Corsair] Corsair 900D "Godzilla" unveiled
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[MC/Corsair] Corsair 900D "Godzilla" unveiled - Page 53

post #521 of 5815
Can you give us a price range? if not fully understandable, since its still not complete etc.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #522 of 5815
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsairGeorge View Post

The HAF X came out over a year after the 800D and was designed as a high airflow aircooling chassis. It's also going after a very different demographic aesthetically. The 800D is more like the ATCS 840, really. Though I don't think they make that anymore.
Nope, discontinued. A shame, really, and we've yet to see its successor. What would be the closest thing to the 900D that's still made, based on its style, airflow configuration, and feature set (which we'll wait to see, as well)?
Deep Blood
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 D0 (Batch # 3901A240) Foxconn X58 Blood Rage (non-GTI) eVGA GeForce GTX670 2GB 6GB Corsair Dominator 1.6GHz TR3X6G1600C8D Rev 3.2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD830 128GB / Seagate 640GB+1TB+2TB+4TB Samsung SH-S223Q 22X XTTH | OCZ Freeze | 9G1212H1011 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410f (rev. A02) Code 104 w/O-rings + Vortex doubleshot keycaps Antec HCPP-850 CaseLabs SM8 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G500 Sharkoon 1337 Asus Xonar DX + Swan D1080MkII08 + MXL Tempo Lifecam Cinema 
  hide details  
Reply
Deep Blood
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 D0 (Batch # 3901A240) Foxconn X58 Blood Rage (non-GTI) eVGA GeForce GTX670 2GB 6GB Corsair Dominator 1.6GHz TR3X6G1600C8D Rev 3.2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD830 128GB / Seagate 640GB+1TB+2TB+4TB Samsung SH-S223Q 22X XTTH | OCZ Freeze | 9G1212H1011 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410f (rev. A02) Code 104 w/O-rings + Vortex doubleshot keycaps Antec HCPP-850 CaseLabs SM8 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G500 Sharkoon 1337 Asus Xonar DX + Swan D1080MkII08 + MXL Tempo Lifecam Cinema 
  hide details  
Reply
post #523 of 5815
Quote:
Originally Posted by davio View Post

What you on about, a lot of reviews claim it to have an average air flow, if not worse, since it is targeted at water cooling.

My 700D had six 140MM fans and seven 120mm fans when I was using it, seems plenty to me.
post #524 of 5815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp View Post

Nope, discontinued. A shame, really, and we've yet to see its successor. What would be the closest thing to the 900D that's still made, based on its style, airflow configuration, and feature set (which we'll wait to see, as well)?

I can't give any details at all on 900D until it's done.

It's obviously an Obsidian series chassis, so that means something for the external design (black, aluminum front, monolith-style Industrial Design), and Obsidian is our high-end of cases. The 800D has an MSRP of $299, and was our previous flagship.

I can give a few details:
1. It's larger than 800D.
2. It's going to cost more than 800D.
3. It will be competitive with other manufacturer's "Super Tower" chassis price-wise.
5. It's very heavy, and not designed to be easily portable.
6. There's nothing like it, feature wise, from a major competitor.
7. There was a thread posted in the Case forum called "How would you change the 800D?" Look at the winning votes there and the ideas. Many of those are incorporated in one form or another into the 900D.
8. Godzilla has relatives.
Edited by CorsairGeorge - 11/20/12 at 9:41am
post #525 of 5815
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsairGeorge View Post


8. Godzilla has relatives.

Knowing that I will now call my 550D Gamera.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K MSI Z68 evga 960 4GB 16 gigs DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial 256GB M4 Samsung DVD R/W SATA Win 7 64bit Dell 24" 2412 
KeyboardMouseAudioAudio
G15 Performance MX creative ZX V-Moda LP 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K MSI Z68 evga 960 4GB 16 gigs DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial 256GB M4 Samsung DVD R/W SATA Win 7 64bit Dell 24" 2412 
KeyboardMouseAudioAudio
G15 Performance MX creative ZX V-Moda LP 
  hide details  
Reply
post #526 of 5815
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsairGeorge View Post

I can't give any details at all on 900D until it's done.
It's obviously an Obsidian series chassis, so that means something for the external design (black, aluminum front, monolith-style Industrial Design), and Obsidian is our high-end of cases. The 800D has an MSRP of $299, and was our previous flagship.
I can give a few details:
1. It's larger than 800D.
2. It's going to cost more than 800D.
3. It will be competitive with other manufacturer's "Super Tower" chassis price-wise.
5. It's very heavy, and not designed to be easily portable.
6. There's nothing like it, feature wise, from a major competitor.
7. There was a thread posted in the Case forum called "How would you change the 800D?" Look at the winning votes there and the ideas. Many of those are incorporated in one form or another into the 900D.
8. Godzilla has relatives.

9. Gallien has been selected for testing and is currently being shipped a test sample of Godzilla. We all eagerly await his review. thumb.gif
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2500k @ 4.9Ghz Asus p8z68-v/gen3 EVGA 780TI Classified @ 1400Mhz EVGA 780TI Classified @ 1400Mhz 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8GB Gskill RipjawsX DDR3 @ 1866 4x 500GB WD + 128GB Crucial M4 1x DVD-RW Swiftech H320 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 8.1 64bit Crossover 27Q-P+ +(2)Dell P2211H + (2) 24" 1200... Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Corsair AX1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Black NZXT Switch 810 SteelSeries Sensei  Ripper XXL FIIO E5 + Vmoda M100's with BLU Yeti on ISO Mount 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2500k @ 4.9Ghz Asus p8z68-v/gen3 EVGA 780TI Classified @ 1400Mhz EVGA 780TI Classified @ 1400Mhz 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8GB Gskill RipjawsX DDR3 @ 1866 4x 500GB WD + 128GB Crucial M4 1x DVD-RW Swiftech H320 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 8.1 64bit Crossover 27Q-P+ +(2)Dell P2211H + (2) 24" 1200... Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Corsair AX1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Black NZXT Switch 810 SteelSeries Sensei  Ripper XXL FIIO E5 + Vmoda M100's with BLU Yeti on ISO Mount 
  hide details  
Reply
post #527 of 5815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffek View Post

Knowing that I will now call my 550D Gamera.

xQA1X.jpg
post #528 of 5815
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsairGeorge View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp View Post

Nope, discontinued. A shame, really, and we've yet to see its successor. What would be the closest thing to the 900D that's still made, based on its style, airflow configuration, and feature set (which we'll wait to see, as well)?

I can't give any details at all on 900D until it's done.

It's obviously an Obsidian series chassis, so that means something for the external design (black, aluminum front, monolith-style Industrial Design), and Obsidian is our high-end of cases. The 800D has an MSRP of $299, and was our previous flagship.

I can give a few details:
1. It's larger than 800D.
2. It's going to cost more than 800D.
3. It will be competitive with other manufacturer's "Super Tower" chassis price-wise.
5. It's very heavy, and not designed to be easily portable.
6. There's nothing like it, feature wise, from a major competitor.
7. There was a thread posted in the Case forum called "How would you change the 800D?" Look at the winning votes there and the ideas. Many of those are incorporated in one form or another into the 900D.
8. Godzilla has relatives.

So I'm guessing all-steel then. It looks like from the picture that there was some inspiration from the Silverstone TJ'11/TJ'07 with the bottom radiator support. This gets me to wondering how much space is viable for the PSU, and whether you would have to skip putting a fan at the rear end of the case in order to fit a PSU at that back. It also appears to be that there is a sort-of GPU-cover / air-duct for the GPUs, not sure why this is in place other than to maybe support heavy GPUs as the lack of a rear exhaust heavily suggests that this case will suffer for aircooling only, yet thrive under watercooling.

And speaking of airflow, the article mentions 2 360 radiator spots (presumably 3x120mm fan locations) which I would have it a guess are at the bottom side and front with a 480 (4x120mm fans) exhaust at the top. This begs the question that how will you balance out the airflow? Like the 800D I would predict there to be a 140mm intake near the PSU region/floor as well. This would lead to a total of 6-7 intake 120mm fans and 4 120mm exhaust fans. Surely adding a 140mm exhaust near the rear of the case would balance that out a LITTLE bit more? Even then I wouldn't be so sure on the airflow. I currently own an 800D, and I cannot perfectly balance the airflow with it. Don't get me wrong, it's the best case I have ever owned! But, I cannot get the balance right of too much exhaust and dust being sucked into my computer from various nooks and crannies. If I reverse some fans then, there would be too much exhaust fans and my CPU and GPU temps would rise.

I feel that the 900D should learn from this mistake and try to balance out the airflow, because air or water cooling, good airflow helps either. And I know it may be hard to balance it out while providing 3 different radiator areas, but I think a step in the right direction would be to add a rear exhaust and maybe an exhaust near the bottom 360mm rad (or even on the other side of it) so as all the air being taken in from those fans gets sucked out immediately and the hot air does not rise up through the case and into the chassis.
Edited by Alex132 - 11/20/12 at 10:30am
Yuki
(20 items)
 
Illya
(20 items)
 
Neptunia
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K 5Ghz ASUS P8P67 Pro EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 G.Skill RipJaws X 2133Mhz 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240GB Corsair Neutron GTX RAID0 Samsung 850 Evo 1TB WD Red 8TB Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow 2013 CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL ASUS Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennheiser HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Skylake-E X190 Nvidia Titan Volta 32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 512GB Samsung 850 Evo 1TB 8TB WD Red Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL Asus Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennhesier HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600 3.3Ghz Asus Z170M Pro AMD RX460 G.Skill 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 850 M.2 256GB Windows 10 LG 34" 3440x1440 Ducky Shine 3 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster Vanguard 450W BitFenix Phenom Logitech G700S CoolerMaster Swift-RX 
  hide details  
Reply
Yuki
(20 items)
 
Illya
(20 items)
 
Neptunia
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K 5Ghz ASUS P8P67 Pro EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 G.Skill RipJaws X 2133Mhz 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240GB Corsair Neutron GTX RAID0 Samsung 850 Evo 1TB WD Red 8TB Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow 2013 CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL ASUS Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennheiser HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Skylake-E X190 Nvidia Titan Volta 32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 512GB Samsung 850 Evo 1TB 8TB WD Red Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL Asus Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennhesier HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600 3.3Ghz Asus Z170M Pro AMD RX460 G.Skill 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 850 M.2 256GB Windows 10 LG 34" 3440x1440 Ducky Shine 3 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster Vanguard 450W BitFenix Phenom Logitech G700S CoolerMaster Swift-RX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #529 of 5815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex132 View Post

So I'm guessing all-steel then. It looks like from the picture that there was some inspiration from the Silverstone TJ'11/TJ'07 with the bottom radiator support. This gets me to wondering how much space is viable for the PSU, and whether you would have to skip putting a fan at the rear end of the case in order to fit a PSU at that back. It also appears to be that there is a sort-of GPU-cover / air-duct for the GPUs, not sure why this is in place other than to maybe support heavy GPUs as the lack of a rear exhaust heavily suggests that this case will suffer for aircooling only, yet thrive under watercooling.
And speaking of airflow, the article mentions 2 360 radiator spots (presumably 3x120mm fan locations) which I would have it a guess are at the bottom side and front with a 480 (4x120mm fans) exhaust at the top. This begs the question that how will you balance out the airflow? Like the 800D I would predict there to be a 140mm intake near the PSU region/floor as well. This would lead to a total of 6-7 intake 120mm fans and 4 120mm exhaust fans. Surely adding a 140mm exhaust near the rear of the case would balance that out a LITTLE bit more? Even then I wouldn't be so sure on the airflow. I currently own an 800D, and I cannot perfectly balance the airflow with it. Don't get me wrong, it's the best case I have ever owned! But, I cannot get the balance right of too much exhaust and dust being sucked into my computer from various nooks and crannies. If I reverse some fans then, there would be too much exhaust fans and my CPU and GPU temps would rise.
I feel that the 900D should learn from this mistake and try to balance out the airflow, because air or water cooling, good airflow helps either. And I know it may be hard to balance it out while providing 3 different radiator areas, but I think a step in the right direction would be to add a rear exhaust and maybe an exhaust near the bottom 360mm rad (or even on the other side of it) so as all the air being taken in from those fans gets sucked out immediately and the hot air does not rise up through the case and into the chassis.

There are a lot of weird assumptions in there that I'm not going to get into, but I will say that airflow balancing and temps were very carefully considered during the design phase.

I will also say that there is a lot of outdated info in the slide on page 1.
post #530 of 5815
omg george I'm getting excited (which type wink.gif) just to see this case!

I better start saving it sounds like it ahah!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [MC/Corsair] Corsair 900D "Godzilla" unveiled