Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [MC/Corsair] Corsair 900D "Godzilla" unveiled
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[MC/Corsair] Corsair 900D "Godzilla" unveiled - Page 82

post #811 of 5815
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNOE View Post

I was driving in my car today thinking how well designed so many of Corsair products have been in the last 3 years. It just really a step above in so many ways. Currently the most annoying thing to me about all PSU manufacturing is the colored cables I know the purpose of it and why its that way. But I'm just tired of seeing it, in my builds. A few months ago I bought a TX850M for a friend I was little disappointed about the rainbow wires on the 24pin, CPU and two PCIE even on a modular PSU. I would really like to see all black wires all the way down to the CX line (I'm a dreamer) I'll probably keep buying Corsair PSU anyway. But if the budget PSU had black wires I would have no choice but to buy them for every build I do. I probably buy about 12 Power Supplies a year for various builds. Well I'm going way off topic here. I love my 700D with window side panel and modded 240 rad. But last few months I have a third radiator out side my case sitting on the shelf under my PSU. I guess I'm ready to see how this looks maybe I can finally house everything in the case smile.gif

I'm pretty sure ATX standards call for each cable to be colored a certain color, if you are talking about the AWG wiring.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #812 of 5815
I find it hilarious when a certain group of people doesn't have a clue what goes into engineering a PC case. The people that's afraid to spend more than $100 on a case, are the same people that clog up the thread with their ridiculous opinions and recommendations. I've spoken to a number of reps about cases before release and I've never gotten a sneak peak or specs. George has went above and beyond to please us.

Sorry Corsair, but this is what happens when you start to make cases for everyone. The low-end buyers want something they can't have or be upset about something they'll never buy to begin with.
Render Bender
(10 items)
 
On The Move
(11 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel X5690 Xeon (12 Cores @ 3.46) Nvidia Titan Xp 64GB 1333MHz ECC DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 1TB x2 - RAID 0 
MonitorCaseAudio
Samsung UN40JU6700 40" 4K Curved Apple Mac Pro 2010 Klipsch 2.1 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Toshiba 500GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Mavericks 10.9 Dell U3011 Rosewill Mech Reds 2010 Unibody 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Multi-Touch Kilpsch 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Render Bender
(10 items)
 
On The Move
(11 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel X5690 Xeon (12 Cores @ 3.46) Nvidia Titan Xp 64GB 1333MHz ECC DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 1TB x2 - RAID 0 
MonitorCaseAudio
Samsung UN40JU6700 40" 4K Curved Apple Mac Pro 2010 Klipsch 2.1 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Toshiba 500GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Mavericks 10.9 Dell U3011 Rosewill Mech Reds 2010 Unibody 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Multi-Touch Kilpsch 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #813 of 5815
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S121 View Post

I'm pretty sure ATX standards call for each cable to be colored a certain color, if you are talking about the AWG wiring.

There are plenty of power supplies out there with all black wiring. At the very lease it could be sleeved down to the connector.
 
4x r290's
(9 items)
 
3x 7970's
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930K 4.8Ghz offset ASUS X79 Rampage IV Extreme GTX 780 with EK waterblock GTX 780 with EK waterblock 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX 780 with EK waterblock  Samsung 16GB (4x4gb) 2400Mhz 10-12-12-31-1t @ 1... 256GB Samsung 950 Pro 256GB Samsung 840 Pro 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
RX360, EX360, EX360, and 480 Rad's XSPC Raystorm CPU Block Dual boot (other unnamed OS) and Win8 Pro QNIX QX2710 27" 2560x1440 @ 112hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair K90 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 700D Modded w/ External Radiators 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K GA-Z77X-UD3H 4x R9 290's 8GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
1TB Hard Drive Win8 Corsair Dual PSU - AX1200 and HX650 Open Case 
Other
Thee 16x Risers and One 1x Riser 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930K 5Ghz Bench ASUS X79 Rampage IV Extreme 3x AMD 7970's w/ EK water blocks Samsung 16GB (4x4gb) 2400Mhz 10-12-12-31-1t @ 1... 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingMonitor
128GB Samsung 830  RX360, RX240, EX360 XSPC Raystorm CPU Block QNIX QX2710 27" 2560x1440 @ 114hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair K90 Corsair AX760i Corsair 700D Modded w/ External Radiators 
  hide details  
Reply
 
4x r290's
(9 items)
 
3x 7970's
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930K 4.8Ghz offset ASUS X79 Rampage IV Extreme GTX 780 with EK waterblock GTX 780 with EK waterblock 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX 780 with EK waterblock  Samsung 16GB (4x4gb) 2400Mhz 10-12-12-31-1t @ 1... 256GB Samsung 950 Pro 256GB Samsung 840 Pro 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
RX360, EX360, EX360, and 480 Rad's XSPC Raystorm CPU Block Dual boot (other unnamed OS) and Win8 Pro QNIX QX2710 27" 2560x1440 @ 112hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair K90 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 700D Modded w/ External Radiators 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K GA-Z77X-UD3H 4x R9 290's 8GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
1TB Hard Drive Win8 Corsair Dual PSU - AX1200 and HX650 Open Case 
Other
Thee 16x Risers and One 1x Riser 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930K 5Ghz Bench ASUS X79 Rampage IV Extreme 3x AMD 7970's w/ EK water blocks Samsung 16GB (4x4gb) 2400Mhz 10-12-12-31-1t @ 1... 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingMonitor
128GB Samsung 830  RX360, RX240, EX360 XSPC Raystorm CPU Block QNIX QX2710 27" 2560x1440 @ 114hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair K90 Corsair AX760i Corsair 700D Modded w/ External Radiators 
  hide details  
Reply
post #814 of 5815
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNOE View Post

There are plenty of power supplies out there with all black wiring. At the very lease it could be sleeved down to the connector.

Corsair AX series have black wiring as a matter of a fact... I love this, they go the extra mile. They were one of the first to put black wring in a case, if not the first...
 
"MSI GT70"
(15 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4700MQ NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780M 32GB 1600MHz 128GB SSD Triple Raid 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128GB SSD 128GB SSD 1TB  Blueray 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Professional  17: 1920x1080 
  hide details  
Reply
 
"MSI GT70"
(15 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4700MQ NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780M 32GB 1600MHz 128GB SSD Triple Raid 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128GB SSD 128GB SSD 1TB  Blueray 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Professional  17: 1920x1080 
  hide details  
Reply
post #815 of 5815
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickCrowely View Post

Corsair AX series have black wiring as a matter of a fact... I love this, they go the extra mile. They were one of the first to put black wring in a case, if not the first...
ULTRA X3 Modular series is the first to put full black wire not Corsair.
post #816 of 5815
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanchimMartin View Post

ULTRA X3 Modular series is the first to put full black wire not Corsair.

I see you have quoted me wrong. I SAID ONE OF THE FIRST That doesn't translate to first.....
 
"MSI GT70"
(15 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4700MQ NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780M 32GB 1600MHz 128GB SSD Triple Raid 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128GB SSD 128GB SSD 1TB  Blueray 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Professional  17: 1920x1080 
  hide details  
Reply
 
"MSI GT70"
(15 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4700MQ NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780M 32GB 1600MHz 128GB SSD Triple Raid 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128GB SSD 128GB SSD 1TB  Blueray 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Professional  17: 1920x1080 
  hide details  
Reply
post #817 of 5815
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsairGeorge View Post

The 800D is not discontinued, and it still sells fairly well for $300 cases. That's a testament to its build quality and fit and finish, as well as its look, as much as anything else. In the over 3 years since we launched it, more cases have come out with different features.
For example, at the time, the 800D was one of the few cases compatible with a triple 120mm radiator on top out of the box. It was also one of the few to blend steel and aluminum the way it did, using the best aspects of each (steel for strength and rigidity, aluminum for appearance and aesthetics), and was the first case I've ever seen to offer the rubber grommeted cable routing channels (now standard on just about every case) and a four-bay hot swap dock with built-in SSD compatibility (a rarity at that time).
We've updated the hot-swap for SATA 6Gbps and the front I/O for USB 3.0, but things like an 8th or 9th slot, or dual socket motherboard compatibility would have required major tooling changes, so now there are cases in our own line-up that offer some of those features.
The 900D addresses all those things and more. We looked at the 800D, and asked "What's one step above that?" and then when we had defined that, we said "And what would we do if we wanted to kill THAT project with something better?" and we went further.
At the end of last year we had a prototype of a modified 800D that we thought about launching. It had a unique swing-out side panel 240mm radiator mount (that slotted into the window, which would have been shaped to fit nicely), 9 slots, and a top 480 mount. We ended up killing it and starting from scratch because it just didn't do enough different and we felt like by the time we had that thing done, it would be better to start from the ground up and design what we REALLY wanted.
So then we went nuts,.
If I can find the prototype 800DV2 tomorrow I might take some photos so you can see what we never launched. It's kind of interesting, but ultimately just not enough.

Here is my issue, why not update the 800D to include some of the features that we see in comparable cases? If the 900D is a step above then I'm sure that its going to have a price tag to match too. At that point you've got some pretty stiff competition from case labs and mountain mods. Both of which can customize your offering.

I really think that there is less competition in the $250 price point for a really good case made for water cooling that can fit a nice pair of rads.

I'll just say this. I highly doubt that the 800D out sells the FT-02. The build quality is there on the FT-02 and it probably has more functional features. When I see the 800D I see a case that is good for water cooling (not great) and flat out poor for air cooling. The FT-02 to me is one of the best air cooling cases on the market yet can still work with water. Build quality is excellent, it looks great, and has a few nice features like sound proofing that the 800D doesn't yet costs less. You can't tell me that there isn't room to work with in a similar price range.

You guys cover every other price point so well, The 600T, the 550D, etc. I really think that you're missing the boat on the ~$250 price point. Thats just my opinion.

From the sounds of the 900D it sounds great but if there price isn't right I won't be buying and I'm sure that I'm not alone on that.
Edited by BababooeyHTJ - 12/19/12 at 12:10pm
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H MSI TF3 7950 Tri-fire Samsung 30nm 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 320 160GB and a few samsung platters Windows7 x64 Catleap Q270 Rosewill mechanical 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 Xigmatek Elysium Razer Deathadder Puretrak talent 
Audio
Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H MSI TF3 7950 Tri-fire Samsung 30nm 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 320 160GB and a few samsung platters Windows7 x64 Catleap Q270 Rosewill mechanical 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 Xigmatek Elysium Razer Deathadder Puretrak talent 
Audio
Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #818 of 5815
Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post

Here is my issue, why not update the 800D to include some of the features that we see in comparable cases? If the 900D is a step above then I'm sure that its going to have a price tag to match too. At that point you've got some pretty stiff competition from case labs and mountain mods. Both of which can customize your offering.
I really think that there is less competition in the $250 price point for a really good case made for water cooling that can fit a nice pair of rads.
I'll just say this. I highly doubt that the 800D out sells the FT-02. The build quality is there on the FT-02 and it probably has more functional features. When I see the 800D I see a case that is good for water cooling (not great) and flat out poor for air cooling. The FT-02 to me is one of the best air cooling cases on the market yet can still work with water. Build quality is excellent, it looks great, and has a few nice features like sound proofing that the 800D doesn't yet costs less. You can't tell me that there isn't room to work with in a similar price range.
You guys cover every other price point so well, The 600T, the 550D, etc. I really think that you're missing the boat on the ~$250 price point. Thats just my opinion.
From the sounds of the 900D it sounds great but if there price isn't right I won't be buying and I'm sure that I'm not alone on that.

FT-02?You're talking about a case that is a nightmare to work with, small, and horrible for ease of use. But the selling point is that it is small. So if you want a case that takes very little physical space, it's great. If you're looking at water cooling have fun with the FT-02, only someone crazy would attempt to make a real water cooling build in that unless they wanted to limit themselves to the worst possible water cooling components and rads. I can unequivacably state that the 800D is better in every respect if you're looking for an E-ATX or full ATX build. To top it off, the 800D going price is usually pretty close to the FT-02. Furthermore, silverstone doesn't sell a lot of cases because their prices are ridiculous, here you mention the FT-02 when silverstone has the worst ripoff prices in the industry: the TJ-07 is 350$ for the worst features of any case in that price range. Come on man. FT-02? Really?
Edited by xoleras - 12/19/12 at 12:29pm
post #819 of 5815
Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post

Here is my issue, why not update the 800D to include some of the features that we see in comparable cases? If the 900D is a step above then I'm sure that its going to have a price tag to match too. At that point you've got some pretty stiff competition from case labs and mountain mods. Both of which can customize your offering.
I really think that there is less competition in the $250 price point for a really good case made for water cooling that can fit a nice pair of rads.
I'll just say this. I highly doubt that the 800D out sells the FT-02. The build quality is there on the FT-02 and it probably has more functional features. When I see the 800D I see a case that is good for water cooling (not great) and flat out poor for air cooling. The FT-02 to me is one of the best air cooling cases on the market yet can still work with water. Build quality is excellent, it looks great, and has a few nice features like sound proofing that the 800D doesn't yet costs less. You can't tell me that there isn't room to work with in a similar price range.
You guys cover every other price point so well, The 600T, the 550D, etc. I really think that you're missing the boat on the ~$250 price point. Thats just my opinion.
From the sounds of the 900D it sounds great but if there price isn't right I won't be buying and I'm sure that I'm not alone on that.

For one, the $200+ price point is just that - $200 plus. We saw that with the 700D. The idea was to make a cheaper 800D for people, and it was $50 less, $249 versus $299. Nobody bought it. Because once you're spending $250 - why not just buy exactly what you want? Updating the 800D would have cost a lot in tooling, and like I said, but the time we got all the upgrades we wanted, we decided it'd be faster/better to do a full

The FT02 is a great case, though I don't know how much it sells. It has one major competitor in the RV02, which offers exactly the same interior and components but with a different exterior, and costs $70-$80 less. The FT02 competes much more with the RV02 than it does the 800D.

The 900D is not designed to hit the $200-$250 price point. We have other products in the roadmap for that. But this one isn't it.
post #820 of 5815
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleras View Post

FT-02?You're talking about a case that is a nightmare to work with, small, and horrible for ease of use. But the selling point is that it is small. So if you want a case that takes very little physical space, it's great. If you're looking at water cooling have fun with the FT-02, only someone crazy would attempt to make a real water cooling build in that unless they wanted to limit themselves to the worst possible water cooling components and rads. I can unequivacably state that the 800D is better in every respect if you're looking for an E-ATX or full ATX build. To top it off, the 800D going price is usually pretty close to the FT-02. Furthermore, silverstone doesn't sell a lot of cases because their prices are ridiculous, here you mention the FT-02 when silverstone has the worst ripoff prices in the industry: the TJ-07 is 350$ for the worst features of any case in that price range. Come on man. FT-02? Really?

To be fair, the TJ07 is 5 or 6 years old, and is expensive because of its unibody aluminum construction. That thing probably costs them like $200 in parts, at least. Aluminum isn't cheap, and the yield rates are crap, especially when anodized, which is why the interior isn't anodized.

The TJ07 is a sexy, sexy case, though, from an appearance standpoint. I'd put it in my personal case hall of fame.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [MC/Corsair] Corsair 900D "Godzilla" unveiled