Originally Posted by ThePath
The port is not that bad.I've not experienced any crash or any bug and graphics looks good with resolution fix
The only problem I have with this game is
1- I'm not able to progress through the game due its insane difficulty. THose skeletons can kill you with just few hits. There is no option for changing the difficulty
2- You can't save at any place. If you die then you will restart from the last checkpoint, and you have to face those insane enemies again.
Yeah the game is very challenging, but after a while that is what makes it so good
It's not like skyrim where you become lord of world in a short time and you just rinse and repeat the same process to own every town.
Here's some tips (i've beaten dark souls and demons souls many times)
- Like the guy above said, make sure you use your shield, dont worry you will find much better shields as you progress that have much better stability and physical damage reduction (100% reduction for physical attacks) basically that means you will block any "one physical strike" completely the first time, of course it will lower your stamina as you had to absorb the impact but at least you wont die.
- Always try to draw out enemies so you have a 1 on 1 fight, for example dont awaken all 3 mobs of skeletons at the same time by trying to run around down in the graveyard during the fight, they awaken in groups of 3 so they are already annoying enough
- Always be mindful of your stamina and HP, low stamina results in no power to strike and/or block hits
- Always try to dodge hit either by rolling or stepping back, it's very interactive combat
- Try to memorise enemies attack patterns and/or their style of strikes, they do change it up randomly sometimes but when you run into enemies like the black knights early in your progress you will need to memorise their attack sets.
EDIT*** - AND one of the most important tips, DO NOT HOLD YOUR SHIELD UP THE WHOLE TIME DURING A FIGHT
holding your shield slows stamina regeneration, try to lift the shield when you see strikes coming, this will get your stamina back up fast, dont worry it becomes just a natural reaction after a while and you wont have to focus on the stamina bar you will just know how and when to hold the shield up
I could go on forever but those small tips can make a huge difference. ALSO, just keep in mind that in Dark Souls you are meant to die the first time you encounter something bad ass almost 99% of the time lol, you learn your enemy and you go back to try defeat the challenge.
If you get stuck on anything just PM me, for example the inventory menu and how stats work/stack/level etc
Enjoy!Edited by mjpd1983 - 8/25/12 at 7:41pm