Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [Engaget] Apple vs. Samsung; Apple wins $1.05b
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Engaget] Apple vs. Samsung; Apple wins $1.05b - Page 9  

post #81 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroc91 View Post

With the F700 and to scale-

Great representation.
Ryzen 2017
(17 items)
 
Home Server
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD R7 1700 @ 3.95GHz - 1.425V Asus Prime X370 Pro Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080Ti FE 2000/6000 @ 1.025v 16GB (2x8GB) G.Skill DDR4 2933MHz CL16-16-16-35 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
BPX 120GB NVMe SSD *boot* Intel 730 Series 240GB SSD Crucial BX100 1TB SSD Asus DVDRW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer XG270HU 1440P 144Hz Freesync Cougar 600k Mechanical 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic x1050w Antec 1100 V2 Razer Deathadder Elite Steelseries QCK Heavy 
Audio
Plantronics Rig 500e 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Opteron 4226 6 core Valencia 2.7GHz Opteron 4226 6 core Valencia 2.7GHz Asus KCMA-D8 Nvidia GT 520 1GB DDR3 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
32GB (4GBx8) Kingston 1066 ECC DDR3 (4x) Hitachi 500GB 7200RPM HDD's out of an old NAS Lightscribe CD/DVDRW Xubuntu 16.04 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 17" 4:3 Trash Dell Membrane OCZ 750w Generic Mid Tower 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Lenovo Laser Tabletop None 
  hide details  
Ryzen 2017
(17 items)
 
Home Server
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD R7 1700 @ 3.95GHz - 1.425V Asus Prime X370 Pro Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080Ti FE 2000/6000 @ 1.025v 16GB (2x8GB) G.Skill DDR4 2933MHz CL16-16-16-35 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
BPX 120GB NVMe SSD *boot* Intel 730 Series 240GB SSD Crucial BX100 1TB SSD Asus DVDRW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer XG270HU 1440P 144Hz Freesync Cougar 600k Mechanical 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic x1050w Antec 1100 V2 Razer Deathadder Elite Steelseries QCK Heavy 
Audio
Plantronics Rig 500e 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Opteron 4226 6 core Valencia 2.7GHz Opteron 4226 6 core Valencia 2.7GHz Asus KCMA-D8 Nvidia GT 520 1GB DDR3 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
32GB (4GBx8) Kingston 1066 ECC DDR3 (4x) Hitachi 500GB 7200RPM HDD's out of an old NAS Lightscribe CD/DVDRW Xubuntu 16.04 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 17" 4:3 Trash Dell Membrane OCZ 750w Generic Mid Tower 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Lenovo Laser Tabletop None 
  hide details  
post #82 of 164
Quote:
There's no need to accuse, it's fact.
I could care less about either company.
If Samsung is such a great company as most people here claim why can't they make products that leapfrog Apple's? Why can't Samsung take the lead in design and technological innovation? Why follow and copy Apple? Samsung lacks the ability to therefore copying and following is all they can do. Sickening is how they profit off it and claim it their products as their own invention.
Did you know Korea claimed Sushi as their invention? amongst their other absurd claims, that's why I don't find it surprising they're being accused of copying Apple products. Korean companies have a long history of copying others.
Koreans in the US has a show called K-Town, basically a Jersey Shore copycat. Copying again…why am I not surprised?
Doesn't make it less true.

I own both apple IPhone , Ipod, Galaxy S2 and I am not a fanboy of any one product as that would be silly that's like having one group of people run your government for ever . Now with that being said ......

Every company copies or steals , intentional or not from someone all the time so you can't tell me apple is a saint either . besides apple is notorious for running to the patent office so who's to say that Apple didn't see someone else Idea and run to the patent office ?

Car company's have being stealing each others ideas all the time just watch a few new cars go by or see the ads on TV.
they all have the new feature or a new safety device
Gamer Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE asus crosshair iv extreme XFX 6950 XFX 6950  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CMT8GX3M2A2000C9 Samsung 830 Series 256GB 2.5IN SATA3 MCX Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5IN SATA3 MCX 74 gb raptors  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
enzotech Luna rev a  D5 Bitspower moded pump Alphacool NexXxoS ATXP 6970/50 Series Alphacool NexXxoS ATXP 6970/50 Serie 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64bit 27" Asus VE278 Merc steath seasonic 860w platinum 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
thermaltake kandolf LCS G700 Laser Cordless Mouse Razor eXactmat 
  hide details  
Gamer Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE asus crosshair iv extreme XFX 6950 XFX 6950  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CMT8GX3M2A2000C9 Samsung 830 Series 256GB 2.5IN SATA3 MCX Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5IN SATA3 MCX 74 gb raptors  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
enzotech Luna rev a  D5 Bitspower moded pump Alphacool NexXxoS ATXP 6970/50 Series Alphacool NexXxoS ATXP 6970/50 Serie 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64bit 27" Asus VE278 Merc steath seasonic 860w platinum 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
thermaltake kandolf LCS G700 Laser Cordless Mouse Razor eXactmat 
  hide details  
post #83 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodystumps View Post

I own both apple IPhone , Ipod, Galaxy S2 and I am not a fanboy of any one product as that would be silly that's like having one group of people run your government for ever . Now with that being said ......
Every company copies or steals , intentional or not from someone all the time so you can't tell me apple is a saint either . besides apple is notorious for running to the patent office so who's to say that Apple didn't see someone else Idea and run to the patent office ?
Car company's have being stealing each others ideas all the time just watch a few new cars go by or see the ads on TV.
they all have the new feature or a new safety device

1) Er, that's not really silly. That's called voting for a specific political party. Most people pick Republican or Democrat and stick with that.

2) We already know that Apple steals and patents it. They've been patenting pretty much every unwritten "fair use" item they can, despite other companies using the technologies far before Apple.
The Fortress
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 @ 4.0 GHz 1.28V Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 1GB 850MHz Core, 4800MH... Kingston 6GB 1528MHz 7-7-7-20-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB LG WH10LS30 10X Blu-ray Burner CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer X233Hbd 23" 1080p Logitech Illuminated Keyboard BFG GS-650 Silverstone FT01 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Cloth Pad Philips 2.1 
  hide details  
The Fortress
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 @ 4.0 GHz 1.28V Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 1GB 850MHz Core, 4800MH... Kingston 6GB 1528MHz 7-7-7-20-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB LG WH10LS30 10X Blu-ray Burner CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer X233Hbd 23" 1080p Logitech Illuminated Keyboard BFG GS-650 Silverstone FT01 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Cloth Pad Philips 2.1 
  hide details  
post #84 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkO View Post

I'm neither a Samsung or Apple hater. Fanboy-ing are for kids and the willfully ignorant who have no understanding how the world works.
You say you have 3 sisters and you all agree? How would I know you're not making this up or just speaking on their behalf to support your flawed rebuttal? Just another strawman argument.

Good job reading the post, I said that my sisters have iphone 3s, not that i have 3 sisters. I have 2 younger sisters both of which state that my Galaxy S "not as easy to use" as their iphones. So yes we all agree, on this matter that the iphone and Samsung galaxy s are very different phones. Beyond that i can't say whether they think Samsung copied apple or not. I am only pointing out that in their unbiased minds they see little resemblance between my phone and theirs. So if even a child can see that they are different, it makes me wonder why apple or this jury is having such a hard time. This is the only industry with these kinds of problems, shapes and interfaces? it's ridiculous. I don't remember car manufactures ever suing each other for similar interfaces, Brake on the left, gas on the right, steering wheel turns the car the direction you turn it. How about shapes? I don't remember ever seeing TV industry suing each other for square TV's with buttons on the bottom, or Rectangle shaped TV's with remote controls.


Apple should have had no case, but somehow they weaseled, and lied, and took advantage of a broken system. In doing so they have stagnated innovation and for that i will simply never purchase one of their products again.
Ryzen 2017
(17 items)
 
Home Server
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD R7 1700 @ 3.95GHz - 1.425V Asus Prime X370 Pro Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080Ti FE 2000/6000 @ 1.025v 16GB (2x8GB) G.Skill DDR4 2933MHz CL16-16-16-35 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
BPX 120GB NVMe SSD *boot* Intel 730 Series 240GB SSD Crucial BX100 1TB SSD Asus DVDRW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer XG270HU 1440P 144Hz Freesync Cougar 600k Mechanical 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic x1050w Antec 1100 V2 Razer Deathadder Elite Steelseries QCK Heavy 
Audio
Plantronics Rig 500e 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Opteron 4226 6 core Valencia 2.7GHz Opteron 4226 6 core Valencia 2.7GHz Asus KCMA-D8 Nvidia GT 520 1GB DDR3 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
32GB (4GBx8) Kingston 1066 ECC DDR3 (4x) Hitachi 500GB 7200RPM HDD's out of an old NAS Lightscribe CD/DVDRW Xubuntu 16.04 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 17" 4:3 Trash Dell Membrane OCZ 750w Generic Mid Tower 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Lenovo Laser Tabletop None 
  hide details  
Ryzen 2017
(17 items)
 
Home Server
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD R7 1700 @ 3.95GHz - 1.425V Asus Prime X370 Pro Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080Ti FE 2000/6000 @ 1.025v 16GB (2x8GB) G.Skill DDR4 2933MHz CL16-16-16-35 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
BPX 120GB NVMe SSD *boot* Intel 730 Series 240GB SSD Crucial BX100 1TB SSD Asus DVDRW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer XG270HU 1440P 144Hz Freesync Cougar 600k Mechanical 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic x1050w Antec 1100 V2 Razer Deathadder Elite Steelseries QCK Heavy 
Audio
Plantronics Rig 500e 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Opteron 4226 6 core Valencia 2.7GHz Opteron 4226 6 core Valencia 2.7GHz Asus KCMA-D8 Nvidia GT 520 1GB DDR3 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
32GB (4GBx8) Kingston 1066 ECC DDR3 (4x) Hitachi 500GB 7200RPM HDD's out of an old NAS Lightscribe CD/DVDRW Xubuntu 16.04 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 17" 4:3 Trash Dell Membrane OCZ 750w Generic Mid Tower 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Lenovo Laser Tabletop None 
  hide details  
post #85 of 164
Apple is the epitome of what it means not to innovate. "Oh you want something new? Let's just deliver the same crap applications but with the latest components."

They're destined to be relegated to the corner like Kodak. (Facebook and Zynga will be there waiting with punch and pie.)
post #86 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon19932006 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkO View Post

I'm neither a Samsung or Apple hater. Fanboy-ing are for kids and the willfully ignorant who have no understanding how the world works.
You say you have 3 sisters and you all agree? How would I know you're not making this up or just speaking on their behalf to support your flawed rebuttal? Just another strawman argument.

Good job reading the post, I said that my sisters have iphone 3s, not that i have 3 sisters. I have 2 younger sisters both of which state that my Galaxy S "not as easy to use" as their iphones. So yes we all agree, on this matter that the iphone and Samsung galaxy s are very different phones. Beyond that i can't say whether they think Samsung copied apple or not. I am only pointing out that in their unbiased minds they see little resemblance between my phone and theirs. So if even a child can see that they are different, it makes me wonder why apple or this jury is having such a hard time. This is the only industry with these kinds of problems, shapes and interfaces? it's ridiculous. I don't remember car manufactures ever suing each other for similar interfaces, Brake on the left, gas on the right, steering wheel turns the car the direction you turn it. How about shapes? I don't remember ever seeing TV industry suing each other for square TV's with buttons on the bottom, or Rectangle shaped TV's with remote controls.


Apple should have had no case, but somehow they weaseled, and lied, and took advantage of a broken system. In doing so they have stagnated innovation and for that i will simply never purchase one of their products again.

Excellent post. Yeah I measured the angle of the windshield on my Ford and it's about the same degree angle as on my brother's Chevy. Looks like Ford has a case...
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
post #87 of 164
The thing here is you can copy some of the proud c but you have to change a certain percentages of the aesthetics o it in order to avoid being sued. This is why people get in trouble for knockoff Prada bags...etc. I haven't followed the case closely and I do age the justice system is broken. Either way, all companies will be more careful from now on.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X2 250 Asus M2A74-AM Asus Dark Knight 4870 1GB G.Skill 2GB x 2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 500GB & 1TB LG Windows 7 x64 Westinghouse 32'' 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 400w Antec Mini P180 Razer Diamondback 3G 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X2 250 Asus M2A74-AM Asus Dark Knight 4870 1GB G.Skill 2GB x 2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 500GB & 1TB LG Windows 7 x64 Westinghouse 32'' 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 400w Antec Mini P180 Razer Diamondback 3G 
  hide details  
post #88 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCode View Post

Apple is the epitome of what it means not to innovate. "Oh you want something new? Let's just deliver the same crap applications but with the latest components."
They're destined to be relegated to the corner like Kodak. (Facebook and Zynga will be there waiting with punch and pie.)

What a joke.....perhaps you should look up the definition of innovation.

Here, I'll copypasta for you:

"Innovation is the creation of better or more effective products, processes, services, technologies, or ideas that are readily available to markets, governments, and society. Innovation differs from invention in that innovation refers to the use of a better and, as a result, novel idea or method, whereas invention refers more directly to the creation of the idea or method itself. Innovation differs from improvement in that innovation refers to the notion of doing something different (Lat. innovare: "to change") rather than doing the same thing better."

Also see: Ipad
post #89 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitsoldier View Post

1) Er, that's not really silly. That's called voting for a specific political party. Most people pick Republican or Democrat and stick with that.
2) We already know that Apple steals and patents it. They've been patenting pretty much every unwritten "fair use" item they can, despite other companies using the technologies far before Apple.

yea but my point is why stick with one party /manufacture /device /what ever if it does not server a individuals needs .

You always see post asking what should I buy for photo editing a PC or a mac and the normal response is MAC now that may have been true before but now there is no difference in performance between the two. other then the fact that the person replying is a fanboy
Gamer Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE asus crosshair iv extreme XFX 6950 XFX 6950  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CMT8GX3M2A2000C9 Samsung 830 Series 256GB 2.5IN SATA3 MCX Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5IN SATA3 MCX 74 gb raptors  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
enzotech Luna rev a  D5 Bitspower moded pump Alphacool NexXxoS ATXP 6970/50 Series Alphacool NexXxoS ATXP 6970/50 Serie 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64bit 27" Asus VE278 Merc steath seasonic 860w platinum 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
thermaltake kandolf LCS G700 Laser Cordless Mouse Razor eXactmat 
  hide details  
Gamer Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE asus crosshair iv extreme XFX 6950 XFX 6950  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CMT8GX3M2A2000C9 Samsung 830 Series 256GB 2.5IN SATA3 MCX Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5IN SATA3 MCX 74 gb raptors  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
enzotech Luna rev a  D5 Bitspower moded pump Alphacool NexXxoS ATXP 6970/50 Series Alphacool NexXxoS ATXP 6970/50 Serie 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64bit 27" Asus VE278 Merc steath seasonic 860w platinum 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
thermaltake kandolf LCS G700 Laser Cordless Mouse Razor eXactmat 
  hide details  
post #90 of 164
i hope Samsung stay out from US market, n leave everythin with high export to US components. than they will see who's more important for the whole market.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [Engaget] Apple vs. Samsung; Apple wins $1.05b