Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › 7770 Sli vs 560ti sli?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

7770 Sli vs 560ti sli? - Page 2

post #11 of 18
Thread Starter 
AMD Phemon II 965 BE
Biostar 880g+
GTX 460
250gb hard drive. (bottleneck, i know)

450w power supply
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiegreg View Post

AMD Phemon II 965 BE
Biostar 880g+
GTX 460
250gb hard drive. (bottleneck, i know)

450w power supply

Hrm? No, the hard drive is not the bottleneck. Your system is a pretty even pairing of CPU/GPU.
It doesn't matter once you're in game what kind of hard drive you have because everything is in the RAM already!
post #13 of 18
450w for GTX 560 SLI is just not enough. whats your budget. If you have 300 bucks as a budget the best option would be to sell your GTX 460. You will get around 80 bucks.

So with 380 you can get a HD 7950 OC

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161415
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102991

and a PSU

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371031

Overclock the HD 7950 to 1.1 Ghz or higher speeds and you have a very powerful card . faster than GTX 560 SLI. with much lesser power, heat and noise. and always go for the highest single GPU within your budget. No microstuttering and issues with SLI / CF profiles availability.
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu78 View Post

450w for GTX 560 SLI is just not enough. whats your budget. If you have 300 bucks as a budget the best option would be to sell your GTX 460. You will get around 80 bucks.

So with 380 you can get a HD 7950 OC

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161415
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102991

and a PSU

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371031

Overclock the HD 7950 to 1.1 Ghz or higher speeds and you have a very powerful card . faster than GTX 560 SLI. with much lesser power, heat and noise. and always go for the highest single GPU within your budget. No microstuttering and issues with SLI / CF profiles availability.

This. PSU upgrade would be required.

OP: Sorry I totally derped but with your rig and budget, dual card setups are very much less than optimal. I'm not sure I would say bad because if you did, it'd be a lot faster than your previous single 460 but... really. No.

I would aim at 7850 if you could, best bang for the buck, aim for a slickdeal.
http://slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?firstonly=1&q=7850

Can be had for $180, that recent one is a 1gb version so for 1080p only. I would pay $20 ($200 total).
$190 4 days ago was a front page deal, those kind of deals should be rolling around as the price cuts start to hit september. You will be very happy with a 7850, 660 ti is too darn expensive at the moment.
post #15 of 18
7770 crossfire would be more energy efficient and been shown with 12.7 drivers that when dual cards is used it's most within the 95-110% scaling range while consuming much less power. on top of that a 7770 with 12.7 drivers and a oc of around 1175-1200mhz it would put it on par with a 6870 while in stock form it's on par with a 6850 which is 2% faster then a 460 GTX. you won't need a beefy PSU to power a 7770 crossfire a 550watt would be well perfect and can be had for little money on major brands like Antec and Corsair and still have plenty of room for oc on the proccessor
JunkoXan's Build
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k (Engineering Sample) Asus P67 Sabertooth Sapphire Dual-X 280x G.Skill Sniper (2x4gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F3 Spinpoint Cooler Masters 616+ Windows 7 Upstar 20" 1080p TV 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Monitor 21" 1680x1050 Dell Keyboard Antec High Current Gamer 900W Cooler Master HAF-XB 
MouseMouse Pad
E-3lue Mazer II 2600DPI Optical Mouse Custom Made 
  hide details  
Reply
JunkoXan's Build
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k (Engineering Sample) Asus P67 Sabertooth Sapphire Dual-X 280x G.Skill Sniper (2x4gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F3 Spinpoint Cooler Masters 616+ Windows 7 Upstar 20" 1080p TV 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Monitor 21" 1680x1050 Dell Keyboard Antec High Current Gamer 900W Cooler Master HAF-XB 
MouseMouse Pad
E-3lue Mazer II 2600DPI Optical Mouse Custom Made 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkoXan View Post

7770 crossfire would be more energy efficient and been shown with 12.7 drivers that when dual cards is used it's most within the 95-110% scaling range while consuming much less power. on top of that a 7770 with 12.7 drivers and a oc of around 1175-1200mhz it would put it on par with a 6870 while in stock form it's on par with a 6850 which is 2% faster then a 460 GTX. you won't need a beefy PSU to power a 7770 crossfire a 550watt would be well perfect and can be had for little money on major brands like Antec and Corsair and still have plenty of room for oc on the proccessor


So... he should NOT go for a 7770 crossfire because it'd be a sidegrade, aka a total waste of his money. Am I right in interpreting your data?
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashFir View Post

So... he should NOT go for a 7770 crossfire because it'd be a sidegrade, aka a total waste of his money. Am I right in interpreting your data?

if he's energy concious he could do the 7770's which im rather energy concious i suppose. i own a 460 GTX OC'd to 900mhz at 4000 memory at 1.021v stable and my 7770 is 1210mhz at 5400 memory at 1.18v (if i go any higher it'll artifact regardless of volts even at 1.3 it artifacts but it's at 6870's speeds as is which to me is a great achievement for this little card) i've noticed higher fps on my 7770 then 460 but when they hit the tessellation barrier with Crysis 2 they are about even mostly but the 7770 does hit a split second snag which usually disappears when i restart a level like dead man walking. you may consider it a side grade but me aslong as it performs better then my 460 GTX even if it's by 5 fps i'm happy. so far i manage a 7 fps difference also note my 7770 stock is 1100 @ 5400 so i only did a 110mhz increase which is very small redface.gif.

i'm just voicing by what i've experienced as i got a 955 X4 BE at 3.6ghz which isn't much different from his set up actually.


crossfire 7770's would make a killer combo none the less also to he rephrased it as 550TI not 560TI which if that's the case the 7770 would be clear winner between the 550TI and 7770.
Edited by JunkoXan - 8/25/12 at 9:37pm
JunkoXan's Build
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k (Engineering Sample) Asus P67 Sabertooth Sapphire Dual-X 280x G.Skill Sniper (2x4gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F3 Spinpoint Cooler Masters 616+ Windows 7 Upstar 20" 1080p TV 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Monitor 21" 1680x1050 Dell Keyboard Antec High Current Gamer 900W Cooler Master HAF-XB 
MouseMouse Pad
E-3lue Mazer II 2600DPI Optical Mouse Custom Made 
  hide details  
Reply
JunkoXan's Build
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k (Engineering Sample) Asus P67 Sabertooth Sapphire Dual-X 280x G.Skill Sniper (2x4gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F3 Spinpoint Cooler Masters 616+ Windows 7 Upstar 20" 1080p TV 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Monitor 21" 1680x1050 Dell Keyboard Antec High Current Gamer 900W Cooler Master HAF-XB 
MouseMouse Pad
E-3lue Mazer II 2600DPI Optical Mouse Custom Made 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 18
Thread Starter 
thamks!

and thank you all too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › 7770 Sli vs 560ti sli?