Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [cnet] Exclusive: Apple-Samsung juror speaks out
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[cnet] Exclusive: Apple-Samsung juror speaks out - Page 17  

post #161 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros View Post

And your point?
Apple monitors before:

Apple monitors now:

Pretty sure Apple would be "copying" a dozen or so other monitor manufacturers using their own logic. thinking.gif

Cause the OSD software on monitors, if they even have it to begin with, is anywhere near the level of complexity as smartphone OSs...
At least you can admit they copied Apple, although you seem to think it doesn't matter.
post #162 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nope oO View Post

Cause the OSD software on monitors, if they even have it to begin with, is anywhere near the level of complexity as smartphone OSs...
At least you can admit they copied Apple, although you seem to think it doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter because they didn't copy Apple.
Edited by Rubers - 8/27/12 at 2:03pm
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
post #163 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nope oO View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros View Post

And your point?
Apple monitors before:
http://www.overclock.net/content/type/61/id/1022798/width/500/height/1000
Apple monitors now:
http://www.overclock.net/content/type/61/id/1022799/width/500/height/1000
Pretty sure Apple would be "copying" a dozen or so other monitor manufacturers using their own logic. thinking.gif

Cause the OSD software on monitors, if they even have it to begin with, is anywhere near the level of complexity as smartphone OSs...
At least you can admit they copied Apple, although you seem to think it doesn't matter.

confused.gif Can you point out how anything in my post even implied I admit Samsung copied Apple? Because I believe they did not.
Gaming Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k, 4.6GHz, 1.304v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 2x Sapphire HD7970 OC with Boost, 1150 MHz/1550... 2x4GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 750GB HD753LJ Samsung F3 ASUS 24X DVD Combo Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH14 Windows 8 Professional x64 Crossover 27Q 27" IPS LED, 2560x1440 Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Cooler Master HAF932 Logitech G500 Custom 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 2x Dayton B652 Bookshelf Dayton DTA-100A Amplifier Dayton 12" SUB-1200 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Gaming Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k, 4.6GHz, 1.304v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 2x Sapphire HD7970 OC with Boost, 1150 MHz/1550... 2x4GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 750GB HD753LJ Samsung F3 ASUS 24X DVD Combo Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH14 Windows 8 Professional x64 Crossover 27Q 27" IPS LED, 2560x1440 Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Cooler Master HAF932 Logitech G500 Custom 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 2x Dayton B652 Bookshelf Dayton DTA-100A Amplifier Dayton 12" SUB-1200 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
post #164 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthspartan View Post

Agreed i have a felling the Judge got a nice lump sum of cash before the trial.Ignoring prior art evidence that's clear as day just because they were late to bring it to the table.

Nope, only in S. Korea do they get away with buying off judges, police, and politicians.
Edited by Nope oO - 8/27/12 at 2:07pm
post #165 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nope oO View Post

Cause the OSD software on monitors, if they even have it to begin with, is anywhere near the level of complexity as smartphone OSs...
At least you can admit they copied Apple, although you seem to think it doesn't matter.

What does that even mean, do you care to elaborate?
Bubbles
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k @4.7 GA-z77x-ud5h Crossfire 7950's / Heatkiller GPU-X³ 79X0 16gb Samsung 30nm  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung F3 OCZ Vertex 3 XSPC Raystorm EK Coolstream 360 + XSPC RX240 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 8 Pro Crossover Q27 CM Quick Fire Rapid (Reds) NZXT Switch 810 
Mouse
Roccat Savu  
  hide details  
Bubbles
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k @4.7 GA-z77x-ud5h Crossfire 7950's / Heatkiller GPU-X³ 79X0 16gb Samsung 30nm  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung F3 OCZ Vertex 3 XSPC Raystorm EK Coolstream 360 + XSPC RX240 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 8 Pro Crossover Q27 CM Quick Fire Rapid (Reds) NZXT Switch 810 
Mouse
Roccat Savu  
  hide details  
post #166 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nope oO View Post

Nope, only in S. Korea do they get away with buying off judges, police, and politicians.

Is that way certain Apple AND Samsung products have been banned in Korea due to Patent Infringement? Keep in mind that Samsung is Korean company. THAT'S justice wink.gif
Kukumonster
(13 items)
 
A pleasant surprise :)
Cooler Master USP 100 Black Edition
Value redefined.
Amd Athlon II X3 435
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2320 Intel DH67BL Sapphire R9 285 Corsair 8GB (4x2)  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB  WD Blue 1TB Seagate Barracuda 500GB Noctua NH-C14S 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NF-A140*2 Windows 10 Pro (TP) LG 22" 1080p  Seasonic G-550 F3 550W 
Case
Cooler Master USP100 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Kukumonster
(13 items)
 
A pleasant surprise :)
Cooler Master USP 100 Black Edition
Value redefined.
Amd Athlon II X3 435
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2320 Intel DH67BL Sapphire R9 285 Corsair 8GB (4x2)  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB  WD Blue 1TB Seagate Barracuda 500GB Noctua NH-C14S 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NF-A140*2 Windows 10 Pro (TP) LG 22" 1080p  Seasonic G-550 F3 550W 
Case
Cooler Master USP100 Black Edition 
  hide details  
post #167 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nope oO View Post

Nope, only in S. Korea do they get away with buying off judges, police, and politicians.

Relevance?

I'll tell you:

None.
AMD Transplant
(11 items)
 
To be a NAS
(13 items)
 
Death Kühler
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
965BE GA-78LMT-S2P MSI TFIII 7950 Corsair Vengence 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 Noctua NH-D14 Win7 Pro FX2490HD 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X660 Antec Three Hundred Saitek Rat 7 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Gateway GM5072 AMD HD5550 2.0 Gb 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Seagate Barracuda 500Gb Samsung FX2490 MS Keyboard 3000 300w generic 
Mouse
MS Intellipoint 3000 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k GigaByte Z68M-D2H-B3 MSI 560 Ti TFIII Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 Antec Khuler 920 Win7 HP Samsung FX2490 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Keyboard 3000 Seasonic X-660 Antec Three Hundred Microsoft Mouse 3000 
Mouse PadAudio
None - Blue Track baby Senn HD428 
  hide details  
AMD Transplant
(11 items)
 
To be a NAS
(13 items)
 
Death Kühler
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
965BE GA-78LMT-S2P MSI TFIII 7950 Corsair Vengence 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 Noctua NH-D14 Win7 Pro FX2490HD 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X660 Antec Three Hundred Saitek Rat 7 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Gateway GM5072 AMD HD5550 2.0 Gb 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Seagate Barracuda 500Gb Samsung FX2490 MS Keyboard 3000 300w generic 
Mouse
MS Intellipoint 3000 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k GigaByte Z68M-D2H-B3 MSI 560 Ti TFIII Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 Antec Khuler 920 Win7 HP Samsung FX2490 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Keyboard 3000 Seasonic X-660 Antec Three Hundred Microsoft Mouse 3000 
Mouse PadAudio
None - Blue Track baby Senn HD428 
  hide details  
post #168 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nope oO View Post

Nope, only in S. Korea do they get away with buying off judges, police, and politicians.

Not surprised since Samsung is 20% of S.Korea's GDP. I don't think Samsung needs to buy them off when they can just own them.
post #169 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkX 1 View Post

Is that way certain Apple AND Samsung products have been banned in Korea due to Patent Infringement? Keep in mind that Samsung is Korean company. THAT'S justice wink.gif

That's why they couldn't get away with copying Apple in US courts -- because they couldn't bribe US judges... Did I really need to spell that out for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturin View Post

Relevance?
I'll tell you:
None.

Yep, bribing judges, police, and politicians to get away with corruption, price fixing, copyright infringement and tax evasion is completely irrelevant, on another planet.
Edited by Nope oO - 8/27/12 at 2:23pm
post #170 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nope oO View Post

That's why they couldn't get away with copying Apple in US courts -- because they couldn't bribe US judges... Did I really need to spell that out for you?

Because Apple already did? rolleyes.gif
Kukumonster
(13 items)
 
A pleasant surprise :)
Cooler Master USP 100 Black Edition
Value redefined.
Amd Athlon II X3 435
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2320 Intel DH67BL Sapphire R9 285 Corsair 8GB (4x2)  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB  WD Blue 1TB Seagate Barracuda 500GB Noctua NH-C14S 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NF-A140*2 Windows 10 Pro (TP) LG 22" 1080p  Seasonic G-550 F3 550W 
Case
Cooler Master USP100 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Kukumonster
(13 items)
 
A pleasant surprise :)
Cooler Master USP 100 Black Edition
Value redefined.
Amd Athlon II X3 435
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2320 Intel DH67BL Sapphire R9 285 Corsair 8GB (4x2)  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB  WD Blue 1TB Seagate Barracuda 500GB Noctua NH-C14S 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NF-A140*2 Windows 10 Pro (TP) LG 22" 1080p  Seasonic G-550 F3 550W 
Case
Cooler Master USP100 Black Edition 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [cnet] Exclusive: Apple-Samsung juror speaks out