Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › MW3 lag/stuttering with HD 6950
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MW3 lag/stuttering with HD 6950 - Page 2

post #11 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictNine View Post

I hope so. I'll try the game after I get home from work or school.
edit: Same exact thing.
edit again: I just tried running the game at 720p and it doesn't seem to run any better then 1440p.

Do you have a different card to test? And does the 6950 have same trouble on benchmarks? Was it unlocked?
post #12 of 24
Thread Starter 
I've tried running my brothers 4870 and it does the same thing, i'm starting to think the issue is with something other then the card. The 6950 hasn't been unlocked and I know it plays cod4 with no apparent issues.

edit: I just tried cod4 and tested with gpuz running on my secondary screen and gpu usage is in the 90s with that game.
Edited by StrictNine - 8/28/12 at 3:45pm
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k ASUS z77 Sabertooth MSI Twin Frozr II 6950 2GB Xtream 2 x 4GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Raptor Megahalems Windows 7 64-bit Catleap Q270 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
ABS M1 Silverstone ST85F 850w Antec 300 Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
Alienware 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k ASUS z77 Sabertooth MSI Twin Frozr II 6950 2GB Xtream 2 x 4GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Raptor Megahalems Windows 7 64-bit Catleap Q270 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
ABS M1 Silverstone ST85F 850w Antec 300 Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
Alienware 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictNine View Post

I've tried running my brothers 4870 and it does the same thing, i'm starting to think the issue is with something other then the card. The 6950 hasn't been unlocked and I know it plays cod4 with no apparent issues.
edit: I just tried cod4 and tested with gpuz running on my secondary screen and gpu usage is in the 90s with that game.

Do you have a nvidia card to test? Put your FX 4100 on stock and see what happens.
Edited by Testier - 8/28/12 at 6:44pm
post #14 of 24
Thread Starter 
Don't have any nvidia cards any more the last one I had died a while ago. I'm going to try installing windows 8 and try it on there.
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k ASUS z77 Sabertooth MSI Twin Frozr II 6950 2GB Xtream 2 x 4GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Raptor Megahalems Windows 7 64-bit Catleap Q270 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
ABS M1 Silverstone ST85F 850w Antec 300 Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
Alienware 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k ASUS z77 Sabertooth MSI Twin Frozr II 6950 2GB Xtream 2 x 4GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Raptor Megahalems Windows 7 64-bit Catleap Q270 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
ABS M1 Silverstone ST85F 850w Antec 300 Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
Alienware 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictNine View Post

Don't have any nvidia cards any more the last one I had died a while ago. I'm going to try installing windows 8 and try it on there.

Good luck although I doubt it would work.......

Offtopic: how is your catleap? Perfect pixel?
post #16 of 24
Thread Starter 
Well I would have gotten to try windows 8 earlier but somebody decided to run a yield sign and hit my car... So I'm finally getting steam/game installed to give it a try.


The Catleap is pixel perfect, backlight's good too.

Edit: Still no luck getting the game to run. Im pretty sure its not the video card since the 4870 that i tried does the same thing. Wish I knew what to try next.
Edited by StrictNine - 8/29/12 at 9:26pm
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k ASUS z77 Sabertooth MSI Twin Frozr II 6950 2GB Xtream 2 x 4GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Raptor Megahalems Windows 7 64-bit Catleap Q270 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
ABS M1 Silverstone ST85F 850w Antec 300 Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
Alienware 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k ASUS z77 Sabertooth MSI Twin Frozr II 6950 2GB Xtream 2 x 4GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Raptor Megahalems Windows 7 64-bit Catleap Q270 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
ABS M1 Silverstone ST85F 850w Antec 300 Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
Alienware 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictNine View Post

Well I would have gotten to try windows 8 earlier but somebody decided to run a yield sign and hit my car... So I'm finally getting steam/game installed to give it a try.
The Catleap is pixel perfect, backlight's good too.
Edit: Still no luck getting the game to run. Im pretty sure its not the video card since the 4870 that i tried does the same thing. Wish I knew what to try next.

Try the CPU on stock. Have you tried that?
post #18 of 24
Thread Starter 
I tried running the cpu at stock but still same thing. The only reason I wanted to have my computer working well with MW3 was to play with friends, but Blops 2 will be out in a month and I'm sure they'll all switch over to that.

I think the issue must be a hardware problem, since it does the same thing on multiple installs of win7 and win8, but MW3 is the only place it shows up.
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k ASUS z77 Sabertooth MSI Twin Frozr II 6950 2GB Xtream 2 x 4GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Raptor Megahalems Windows 7 64-bit Catleap Q270 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
ABS M1 Silverstone ST85F 850w Antec 300 Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
Alienware 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k ASUS z77 Sabertooth MSI Twin Frozr II 6950 2GB Xtream 2 x 4GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Raptor Megahalems Windows 7 64-bit Catleap Q270 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
ABS M1 Silverstone ST85F 850w Antec 300 Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
Alienware 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictNine View Post

I tried running the cpu at stock but still same thing. The only reason I wanted to have my computer working well with MW3 was to play with friends, but Blops 2 will be out in a month and I'm sure they'll all switch over to that.
I think the issue must be a hardware problem, since it does the same thing on multiple installs of win7 and win8, but MW3 is the only place it shows up.

It might be a driver problem considering a hardware problem would have showed up on other games.
post #20 of 24
Thread Starter 
I've tried many different drivers, but I'm open to suggestions.
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k ASUS z77 Sabertooth MSI Twin Frozr II 6950 2GB Xtream 2 x 4GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Raptor Megahalems Windows 7 64-bit Catleap Q270 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
ABS M1 Silverstone ST85F 850w Antec 300 Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
Alienware 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k ASUS z77 Sabertooth MSI Twin Frozr II 6950 2GB Xtream 2 x 4GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Raptor Megahalems Windows 7 64-bit Catleap Q270 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
ABS M1 Silverstone ST85F 850w Antec 300 Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
Alienware 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › MW3 lag/stuttering with HD 6950