Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › [Official] uSFF/SFF Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] uSFF/SFF Club - Page 239

post #2381 of 2832
Haha, those CNN / MSNBC / FOX News endorsements killed it man! Also a beautiful case. Nice job.
post #2382 of 2832
Hey guys starting a new sff build featuring dual nanos on a itx motherboard. Linkythumb.gif
Project Flip
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5930k Asus X99m-ws XFX FURY Corsair 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Intel 750 nvme ssd Intel 730 ssd Samsung 850 EVO EK Custom Cooling 
  hide details  
Reply
Project Flip
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5930k Asus X99m-ws XFX FURY Corsair 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Intel 750 nvme ssd Intel 730 ssd Samsung 850 EVO EK Custom Cooling 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2383 of 2832
sweet thread just discovered this, wish I had long ago. Have a cooler master storm trooper right now, I believe the biggest case in the entire world, and I am anxious to move into a small form! I am choosing between a few SFF cases and I can't decide, maybe you guys can help me? I have narrowed the choices down to several, but all are compromises.
Parts: I7 6700k or I7 6700 (if heat is an issue), Asus z170i pro gaming, 16 GB DDR4, Silverstone SX-L 500w gold, cpu cooler=case dependent. Will be getting an R9 390 card depending on the length of the case.

I need a case I can fit in carry on luggage, so it needs to be fairly small, preferrably able to fit in a carry on bag (but can be carried in a form-fitting box), and still able to provide adequate temperatures for an mild overclock and R9 390 GPU.

cases I am torn between:
Silverstone ML08B (RVZ02 form) some have carried this on in a bag before, but it looked quite large and a tough fit. CPU coolers an issue.
Silverstone SG13 (mesh), small shoebox size, easily can carry on. Smallest of my options, and lightest. CPU cooler very limited as well ~62mm.
Fractal design node 304 - heavy, 6 KG / 13.2 lb, depending if they weigh or not can be an issue. Fits by itself in carry on for sure, but maybe not in a bag. It seems to be the sturdiest and most solid of the options. Build design seems mediocre, as do temperatures, however it can support a decent cooler.
Thermaltake Core V1 / suppressor F1 - Hard to tell how this compares in sizing to the fractal design node 304, seems slightly taller but roughly the same size overall. Seems to fit lots of options without any hassle, but I do not know if it would fit in carry on or not. Most flexible I believe.

Overall, I am leaning towards the node 304 and the SG13, but if the core v1 could fit, that may be the winner. Ml08h seems interesting but there are very few reviews out there.
post #2384 of 2832
Quote:
Originally Posted by halpo View Post

sweet thread just discovered this, wish I had long ago. Have a cooler master storm trooper right now, I believe the biggest case in the entire world, and I am anxious to move into a small form! I am choosing between a few SFF cases and I can't decide, maybe you guys can help me? I have narrowed the choices down to several, but all are compromises.
Parts: I7 6700k or I7 6700 (if heat is an issue), Asus z170i pro gaming, 16 GB DDR4, Silverstone SX-L 500w gold, cpu cooler=case dependent. Will be getting an R9 390 card depending on the length of the case.

I need a case I can fit in carry on luggage, so it needs to be fairly small, preferrably able to fit in a carry on bag (but can be carried in a form-fitting box), and still able to provide adequate temperatures for an mild overclock and R9 390 GPU.

cases I am torn between:
Silverstone ML08B (RVZ02 form) some have carried this on in a bag before, but it looked quite large and a tough fit. CPU coolers an issue.
Silverstone SG13 (mesh), small shoebox size, easily can carry on. Smallest of my options, and lightest. CPU cooler very limited as well ~62mm.
Fractal design node 304 - heavy, 6 KG / 13.2 lb, depending if they weigh or not can be an issue. Fits by itself in carry on for sure, but maybe not in a bag. It seems to be the sturdiest and most solid of the options. Build design seems mediocre, as do temperatures, however it can support a decent cooler.
Thermaltake Core V1 / suppressor F1 - Hard to tell how this compares in sizing to the fractal design node 304, seems slightly taller but roughly the same size overall. Seems to fit lots of options without any hassle, but I do not know if it would fit in carry on or not. Most flexible I believe.

Overall, I am leaning towards the node 304 and the SG13, but if the core v1 could fit, that may be the winner. Ml08h seems interesting but there are very few reviews out there.

Check Dan Case A4, as well as SG05 if you need optical drive.
post #2385 of 2832
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignsvn View Post

Check Dan Case A4, as well as SG05 if you need optical drive.
that Dan case is hot, I wish it were available now. I will have to make due with something else as I am building next week!
post #2386 of 2832
@halpo

If you need a ODD you can chose a Ncase M1. On the [H] thread of the Ncase there is a user that sells a custom bag for it.
post #2387 of 2832
NFC S4 Transplant
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3770K P8Z77-I DELUXE EVGA GTX 750 Ti Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz 2x8GB Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Win 10 Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Linux Mint 17 Noctua L9i 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Win 10 Pro Linux Mint 17 HP Envy 32" Bang & Olufsen SIIG Mech 
PowerCaseMouse
Dell 330W brick plus HD Plex 160/200W NFC S4 Logitech M310 
  hide details  
Reply
NFC S4 Transplant
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3770K P8Z77-I DELUXE EVGA GTX 750 Ti Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz 2x8GB Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Win 10 Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Linux Mint 17 Noctua L9i 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Win 10 Pro Linux Mint 17 HP Envy 32" Bang & Olufsen SIIG Mech 
PowerCaseMouse
Dell 330W brick plus HD Plex 160/200W NFC S4 Logitech M310 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2388 of 2832
I don't need an ODD, but I do like the look of the ncase. Its not available here however. The Lian-Li PC-q10 looks very similar, does anyone have thoughts on this case?
post #2389 of 2832
IMO, the best part of this case is the PSU. Right night the SFT or ATX PSU is the limiting component when trying to design an sff case.
post #2390 of 2832
Quote:
Originally Posted by halpo View Post

I don't need an ODD, but I do like the look of the ncase. Its not available here however. The Lian-Li PC-q10 looks very similar, does anyone have thoughts on this case?

It's also almost 20l big. That's enormous considering the features.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Small Form Factor Systems
Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › [Official] uSFF/SFF Club