Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Corsair H100 leaked onto my brand new graphics card and motherboard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corsair H100 leaked onto my brand new graphics card and motherboard - Page 14  

post #131 of 592
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnfyl View Post

I'm in the damage claim submission phase with Corsair right now for a similar problem. I'll confirm the "$150 for video card" statement, its right at the top of the damage claim form I got from Corsair. My two NGTX580's cost $549 each from Newegg less than 1 year ago and are now an out of stock item everywhere I've looked. So even if Corsair offers full price reimbursement I'll be out of luck putting my SLI back together as I had it and this annoys me. Hopefully they will, the least, cover the one damaged card in full + the H100 of course. Basically I'm hoping for a check in the amount of approximately $650. Will I get it? Wish me luck.
As far as recommending the Hydro series, I would say yes but to strongly consider the slim possibility that it can leak and that ultimately it is a gimmick item and no substitute for a true WC solution. But its also a fun alternative to air cooling which is why I bought one for this build.

I questioned the Customer Service Manager about the $150 maximum compensation. He basically said that it was the average amount that they compensated for but that each case was assessed separately. Basically he neither confirmed nor denied that there was any chance of getting compensated the full amount. Will have to wait and see. According to UPS my H100 and graphics card is at San Pablo, CA, United States. Should arrive at Corsair tomorrow so hopefully I'll hear from them by the end of the week. Will keep you posted. Good luck with you claim jsnfyl.
post #132 of 592
Did you buy the cooler in Australia.....or have it shipped in from overseas?
post #133 of 592
Thread Starter 
Purchased in Australia from http://pccasegear.com/.

Quick update: they have had my faulty H100 and damaged GPU for a week now (my time, might only be 6 days their time) but still no news from them about my RMA claim sad-smiley-002.gif
post #134 of 592
Good lucky.

Email them.

Incessantly.

I'm about to email antec again.
AMD Transplant
(11 items)
 
To be a NAS
(13 items)
 
Death Kühler
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
965BE GA-78LMT-S2P MSI TFIII 7950 Corsair Vengence 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 Noctua NH-D14 Win7 Pro FX2490HD 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X660 Antec Three Hundred Saitek Rat 7 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Gateway GM5072 AMD HD5550 2.0 Gb 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Seagate Barracuda 500Gb Samsung FX2490 MS Keyboard 3000 300w generic 
Mouse
MS Intellipoint 3000 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k GigaByte Z68M-D2H-B3 MSI 560 Ti TFIII Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 Antec Khuler 920 Win7 HP Samsung FX2490 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Keyboard 3000 Seasonic X-660 Antec Three Hundred Microsoft Mouse 3000 
Mouse PadAudio
None - Blue Track baby Senn HD428 
  hide details  
AMD Transplant
(11 items)
 
To be a NAS
(13 items)
 
Death Kühler
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
965BE GA-78LMT-S2P MSI TFIII 7950 Corsair Vengence 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 Noctua NH-D14 Win7 Pro FX2490HD 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X660 Antec Three Hundred Saitek Rat 7 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Gateway GM5072 AMD HD5550 2.0 Gb 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Seagate Barracuda 500Gb Samsung FX2490 MS Keyboard 3000 300w generic 
Mouse
MS Intellipoint 3000 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k GigaByte Z68M-D2H-B3 MSI 560 Ti TFIII Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 Antec Khuler 920 Win7 HP Samsung FX2490 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Keyboard 3000 Seasonic X-660 Antec Three Hundred Microsoft Mouse 3000 
Mouse PadAudio
None - Blue Track baby Senn HD428 
  hide details  
post #135 of 592
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturin View Post

Good lucky.
Email them.
Incessantly.
I'm about to email antec again.

Yes that seems to be the process:

email Corsair.....wait.....wait.....email them again....wait.....get apology from them asking me to wait 3-5 business days....wait....wait....wait....wait....wait....PM CorsairGeorge.....get another apology email from them for the delay.....take another step toward completing the RMA process....repeat rolleyes.gif

I'd hate to think what the process would be like without CorsairGeorge on this forum.
post #136 of 592
Thread Starter 
Update on RMA progress

I finally heard back from Corsair about my leaking H100. The good news is that they agreed that the H100 was faulty and that my graphics card was indeed damaged.

They have offered to send me a new H100, a cheque for $150 for my damaged graphics card and a 120gb SSD drive as compensation.

I guess I can't complain as it's better than getting nothing, but it's sad that I won't be getting enough to replace my graphics card and I already have an SSD drive so I'd prefer the $$ to replace my gpu. I'm also no longer planning on using the replacement H100 so I've asked Corsair if they could refund me for it, instead of replacing it. Still waiting to hear back about that. Otherwise I will probably try and sell the H100.

As I feared, it would appear that sometime between Feb 2012 and now their policy had changed such that they will only compensate a maximum of $150 for a damaged graphics card.

Feb 2012: http://www.overclock.net/t/1232888/corsairs-response-to-leaking-h100 - got $299.99 compensation for damaged video card

Aug 2012: This thread smile.gif

Sep 2012: http://www.overclock.net/t/1304484/corsair-h100-leaked-now-pc-crashes and http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=111076 - still ongoing as far as I can tell.

Just something to consider if you are planning on getting a H100.
post #137 of 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpdean View Post

Update on RMA progress
I finally heard back from Corsair about my leaking H100. The good news is that they agreed that the H100 was faulty and that my graphics card was indeed damaged.
They have offered to send me a new H100, a cheque for $150 for my damaged graphics card and a 120gb SSD drive as compensation.
I guess I can't complain as it's better than getting nothing, but it's sad that I won't be getting enough to replace my graphics card and I already have an SSD drive so I'd prefer the $$ to replace my gpu. I'm also no longer planning on using the replacement H100 so I've asked Corsair if they could refund me for it, instead of replacing it. Still waiting to hear back about that. Otherwise I will probably try and sell the H100.
As I feared, it would appear that sometime between Feb 2012 and now their policy had changed such that they will only compensate a maximum of $150 for a damaged graphics card.
Feb 2012: http://www.overclock.net/t/1232888/corsairs-response-to-leaking-h100 - got $299.99 compensation for damaged video card
Aug 2012: This thread smile.gif
Sep 2012: http://www.overclock.net/t/1304484/corsair-h100-leaked-now-pc-crashes and http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=111076 - still ongoing as far as I can tell.
Just something to consider if you are planning on getting a H100.

probably to stop people from abusing the system....maybe there may have been incidents or their failure rate is increasing as more people buy the AIO sealed "watercooling" units?
post #138 of 592
this is unacceptable, i will never encourage anybody I know personally to buy any of Corsair's H-series coolers. they're basically saying they don't care about how much money you've lost due to their faulty equipment, they're only giving you $150.

what a joke
post #139 of 592
I normally recommend every one i know to get a Corsair H100 / Corsair Watercooling kit if they overclock but after reading this i think i will best be off recommending most people to stay on air cooling.

Hope this gets sorted soon mrpdean as its already been a while.
Edited by Hoodz - 10/8/12 at 7:46pm
Hoodz
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930k X79 Maximus Extreme Gtx Titan Gtx Titan 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Gskill 2400Mhz 2x Plexitor ssd 1x Corsair force  Windows 8 pro 27' Asus 144Hz 
PowerCase
Corsair AX1200 Caselabs Th10 
  hide details  
Hoodz
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930k X79 Maximus Extreme Gtx Titan Gtx Titan 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Gskill 2400Mhz 2x Plexitor ssd 1x Corsair force  Windows 8 pro 27' Asus 144Hz 
PowerCase
Corsair AX1200 Caselabs Th10 
  hide details  
post #140 of 592
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pie View Post

probably to stop people from abusing the system....maybe there may have been incidents or their failure rate is increasing as more people buy the AIO sealed "watercooling" units?

Yes, probably both of those reasons. There certainly does seem to be more incidents of leaking H100's these day but as you say it's probably because more people are using them now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Corsair H100 leaked onto my brand new graphics card and motherboard