Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Corsair H100 leaked onto my brand new graphics card and motherboard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corsair H100 leaked onto my brand new graphics card and motherboard - Page 47  

post #461 of 592
As mentioned above. Why don't Corsair pass the cost onto the OEM (whoever it is now!) because if it is faulty surely it's the manufacturer that is to blame not the distributor (with your name on). When they get enough returns/people wanting payouts etc. Wouldn't this be enough to "improve" the failure rate. Also you said that the policy was changed because instead of one or two models you now have lots. Would it not have made more sense to make sure you can financially back the existing products you sell rather than just selling "lots" of different models and stretching your support and ability to pay for "issues" when they arise?

Basically:

1. Better to sell two GREAT coolers that you can cover 100% of the damages for and refine the models to reduce the failures. Users love them because they are well tested and perform well and the know 100% that if they leak the damage will be taken care off. Users are contented and recommend/use products in future.

Or.

2. Make lots of models at different price points to get market penetration. Over stretch your (as you say small) support staff with multiple models (each with various points of failure that are unique to that model through design). Massive uptake of users (GOOD!) BUT exponential increase of potential claimers (BAD!). Users see wavering returns policy and get nervous. Coupled with sometimes lengthy (4 weeks for the guy in the other H100 thread!!) before the problem is acknowledged AND then the prospect that you will be offered a small (in percentage to cost) offer on your GPU (most likely to be damaged by small leaks.... Just by gravity alone:rolleyes:!). Makes the no doubt small % of leaks even more daunting.

I hope Corsair can sort this out and imho you should seek compensation from the OEM for the costs incured i feel (and maybe seek another tbh!) as whoever is making these H100's needs NOT TO BE.

Thanx.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RyZen R7 1700 ASUS ROG Strix B350-F Gaming XFX R9 390 16GB Corsairs Vengence DDR4@3200Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840EVO 256GB & Seagate 1TB Corsairs H110i GT Windows 10 Pro SONY 40" V3000 1080p HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wireless Corsairs HX750W K62 Dragonlord Logitech Wireless 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries Xonar DSX 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RyZen R7 1700 ASUS ROG Strix B350-F Gaming XFX R9 390 16GB Corsairs Vengence DDR4@3200Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840EVO 256GB & Seagate 1TB Corsairs H110i GT Windows 10 Pro SONY 40" V3000 1080p HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wireless Corsairs HX750W K62 Dragonlord Logitech Wireless 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries Xonar DSX 
  hide details  
post #462 of 592
i apreciate him chiming in about this matter, but he did not really solved anything, and i understand that because what he can do is limited, but corsair have to do the right thing, and what's going on is not right, they are responsible for the colateral damages even if it's not written.

the fact is that every company is responsible for their products, and for the collateral damages if it goes wrong, that's the law. i am aware that not everyone is following that law because it's easy to get away with it, the TS MRPDEAN for example, if corsair told him that they won't gonna pay him a dime and only gonna replace his h100, there is really nothing he can do with it, unless he sue corsair, but it's not worth it so it won't gonna happen.

another example is my galaxy s3 phone, if my phone suddenly bursts into flames and burned my cheap table, samsung can just replace my phone and not my table, there is nothing i can do with it, but if my phone not only burned the table but burned my whole house, guess what? they have to pay for that, they know that they are not gonna be able to get away with just replacing my phone, you get my point?

corsair saying that they are not responsible for the colateral damages is just pure BS. they took a gamble selling SEALED liquid cooler, they have to take the responsibility that came with it, otherwise just pull it out of the market.

corsair's excuse about "we only have two coolers before, now we have five" doesn't really makes any sense, even if you have hundreds of coolers your responsibility doesn't change, you are basically saying that: "as our company gets bigger, we'll start treating customers like crap", exactly the same thing that happened to asus.

remember that this post is for corsair, not for george himself, i respect george as an individual, and i know that he is doing his best to help.
post #463 of 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davayy View Post

Thanks George, we are truly greatful for having this type of interaction with companies, and I don't want to sound so negative, and please don't take it personal, I just want to see the best for all concerned. Thanks

Most people are good people. That includes customers and corporations (which, while full of people, are not people themselves, so my sentence structure is kind of lame here. Whoops.)

If companies start treating their customers like they're criminals and out to scam them, their customers feel unappreciated and not like actual people.

If customers start treating a company like it's full of evil henchmen dedicated only to profit, then the people working for that company start to feel unappreciated as well.

http://www.corsair.com/us/parts/cooling-parts/hydro-series-h60-h80-h100-universal-bracket-kit.html
post #464 of 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider85 View Post

i apreciate him chiming in about this matter, but he did not really solved anything, and i understand that because what he can do is limited, but corsair have to do the right thing, and what's going on is not right, they are responsible for the colateral damages even if it's not written.
the fact is that every company is responsible for their products, and for the collateral damages if it goes wrong, that's the law. i am aware that not everyone is following that law because it's easy to get away with it, the TS MRPDEAN for example, if corsair told him that they won't gonna pay him a dime and only gonna replace his h100, there is really nothing he can do with it, unless he sue corsair, but it's not worth it so it won't gonna happen.
another example is my galaxy s3 phone, if my phone suddenly bursts into flames and burned my cheap table, samsung can just replace my phone and not my table, there is nothing i can do with it, but if my phone not only burned the table but burned my whole house, guess what? they have to pay for that, they know that they are not gonna be able to get away with just replacing my phone, you get my point?
corsair saying that they are not responsible for the colateral damages is just pure BS. they took a gamble selling SEALED liquid cooler, they have to take the responsibility that came with it, otherwise just pull it out of the market.
corsair's excuse about "we only have two coolers before, now we have five" doesn't really makes any sense, even if you have hundreds of coolers your responsibility doesn't change, you are basically saying that: "as our company gets bigger, we'll start treating customers like crap", exactly the same thing that happened to asus.
remember that this post is for corsair, not for george himself, i respect george as an individual, and i know that he is doing his best to help.

i dont know where this entitlement attitude comes from. samsung would definatley not have to pay for your house if your phone caused a fire. thats what INSURANCE is for. thats like saying if a tire blows out on your car and you lose control and crash that the tire company pays for your cars damage rolleyes.gif
Case Labs S3
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k ASRock Z77E GTX 780Ti Samsung 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
840 EVO Custom Water Win 7 Shimian 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Seasonic X660 Case Labs S3 G400 
  hide details  
Case Labs S3
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k ASRock Z77E GTX 780Ti Samsung 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
840 EVO Custom Water Win 7 Shimian 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Seasonic X660 Case Labs S3 G400 
  hide details  
post #465 of 592
guitar.gif
Was there a reference for that link or did i miss something? wink.gif
post #466 of 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsairGeorge View Post

If companies start treating their customers like they're criminals and out to scam them, their customers feel unappreciated and not like actual people.
If customers start treating a company like it's full of evil henchmen dedicated only to profit, then the people working for that company start to feel unappreciated as well.
Quoted for truth, George.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ci7 5960XK @ 4.3GHz ASRock X99E-ITX NVIDIA GTX Titan X Pascal 32GB DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 256GB SSD RAID0 Adata SP550 960GB (storage) Samsung SE-506 EK-Supremacy MX 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 Pro Dell P4317Q Cherry MX-Board 3.0 (MX Blue) EVGA 650W GS 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
In Win D-Frame Mini HP VoodooDNA Roccat Adrenaline 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ci7 5960XK @ 4.3GHz ASRock X99E-ITX NVIDIA GTX Titan X Pascal 32GB DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 256GB SSD RAID0 Adata SP550 960GB (storage) Samsung SE-506 EK-Supremacy MX 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 Pro Dell P4317Q Cherry MX-Board 3.0 (MX Blue) EVGA 650W GS 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
In Win D-Frame Mini HP VoodooDNA Roccat Adrenaline 
  hide details  
post #467 of 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMach1 View Post

i dont know where this entitlement attitude comes from. samsung would definatley not have to pay for your house if your phone caused a fire. thats what INSURANCE is for. thats like saying if a tire blows out on your car and you lose control and crash that the tire company pays for your cars damage rolleyes.gif

If you can prove that the tire is faulty and at fault then yes.
post #468 of 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider85 View Post

If you can prove that the tire is faulty and at fault then yes.

no. the only possible way you would ever get a dime out of the company for such damage is through a civil suit that you would likely lose anyways.

unless a company specifically gaurantees in writing that a product will not fail in such a way then they are not responsible for such damage.

if corsair had a written policy that if their CLC's leak they will replace anything damaged from said leak then yes they would be legally responsible to replace the parts, but since its not anything you recieve from them beyond a replacement of the part is an act of good faith. they will likely never do that because there are too many dishonest people who decide they want a new PC and mysteriously their CLC started leaking and destroyed the PC.
Case Labs S3
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k ASRock Z77E GTX 780Ti Samsung 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
840 EVO Custom Water Win 7 Shimian 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Seasonic X660 Case Labs S3 G400 
  hide details  
Case Labs S3
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k ASRock Z77E GTX 780Ti Samsung 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
840 EVO Custom Water Win 7 Shimian 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Seasonic X660 Case Labs S3 G400 
  hide details  
post #469 of 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMach1 View Post

no. the only possible way you would ever get a dime out of the company for such damage is through a civil suit that you would likely lose anyways.
unless a company specifically gaurantees in writing that a product will not fail in such a way then they are not responsible for such damage.
if corsair had a written policy that if their CLC's leak they will replace anything damaged from said leak then yes they would be legally responsible to replace the parts, but since its not anything you recieve from them beyond a replacement of the part is an act of good faith. they will likely never do that because there are too many dishonest people who decide they want a new PC and mysteriously their CLC started leaking and destroyed the PC.

so if your phone exploded at your face and killed you, they will just replace your phone and they are not responsible for your death right? same thing if your h100 leaks and your PC exploded because of it and killed you. same thing if your tire exploded and killed you because of manufacturing defect with that batch of tires.
post #470 of 592
Ahhh Sucks! Coolit?!? I wont buy the CRAPPY closed loop from corsair if still partnership w/ the coolit products. Very glad that I went with the real WC cooling on my own.
SCYTHE COOLER
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-6200BE 3.8Ghz MSI 970A-G46 SLI | GTS 250 1GB 16GB DDR3 RAM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
3TB | 2TB | HW NB-500GB  ASHURA-HSF | 2X14CM | PnP Win8 64bit |  
MonitorPowerCase
LG 60LN5600 | 1080p Corsair 1000w HAF X 
  hide details  
SCYTHE COOLER
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-6200BE 3.8Ghz MSI 970A-G46 SLI | GTS 250 1GB 16GB DDR3 RAM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
3TB | 2TB | HW NB-500GB  ASHURA-HSF | 2X14CM | PnP Win8 64bit |  
MonitorPowerCase
LG 60LN5600 | 1080p Corsair 1000w HAF X 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Corsair H100 leaked onto my brand new graphics card and motherboard