Overclock.net › Forums › Benchmarks › Benchmarking Software and Discussion › Super PI 32M 4ghz efficiency challenge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Super PI 32M 4ghz efficiency challenge - Page 38

post #371 of 2135
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo2 View Post

He can't give away his secrets tongue.gif
Hahah,i only need to drop little bit more,under 240.I'll just give it a try.really wish i could run this board under 39 multi with 2 cores enabled,just reverts back unless 4 cores are enabled.
post #372 of 2135
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullant View Post

Hahah,i only need to drop little bit more,under 240.I'll just give it a try.really wish i could run this board under 39 multi with 2 cores enabled,just reverts back unless 4 cores are enabled.

Oh I hate those little niggling things you discover about your board. My E760 would not let me boot with one core unless I had HT enabled :/

Maxmem and waaza tend to go hand in hand so it's defiantly something you can try new things with. Try going up or down in lots of 5 - 10mb and see what happens mate.
Frank
(13 items)
 
Dominatrix
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 8700k Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1080 32gb G.Skill Trident Z RGB  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB 2Tb WB Black Corsair H100i GTX Win 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC U3477PQU Leopold Cherry Browns  EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2 Fractal Design Define R5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 4370 Maximus VII Impact Asus 960 Strix 4gb Vengeance Pro 2400 2x8Gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
Samsung 128gb 830 3 x WD Red 3Tb Windows 8.1 x64 Corsair RM550 
Case
Fractal Node 304 
  hide details  
Reply
Frank
(13 items)
 
Dominatrix
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 8700k Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1080 32gb G.Skill Trident Z RGB  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB 2Tb WB Black Corsair H100i GTX Win 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC U3477PQU Leopold Cherry Browns  EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2 Fractal Design Define R5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 4370 Maximus VII Impact Asus 960 Strix 4gb Vengeance Pro 2400 2x8Gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
Samsung 128gb 830 3 x WD Red 3Tb Windows 8.1 x64 Corsair RM550 
Case
Fractal Node 304 
  hide details  
Reply
post #373 of 2135
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjc_93 View Post

Hey there Loud, I've been thinking about picking up the Asrock board but I have heard some chinese whispers about it easily taking out good chips, any truth that you know of to that? It is literally the only thing holding me back from buying and shoving my 6.6 3D chip into that board.

No such thing here man, I have tested so many chips on it and my 6.5 4c 4t 3D chip keeps kicking and running the exact same clocks at the exact same volts (1.92v) on both the Asrock and Asus.

The only issue is that the max voltage is 1.92v due to the firmware controller that was used, not sure if this is fixable with a bios update as it may be a hardware limitation, but by all means get one man you will not be disappointed.
post #374 of 2135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullant View Post

Hey Loud,so UP5 is also having problems with PSC,Yeah have seen how strong MVE is on mems,the only thing worries me about the MVE is a lot of people having CB on them, but this may be related to vas in memory slots

It is and I can confirm this because my new MVE has no such issue with any chip, forget vaseline as insulation on this board, or just be very careful and just a light coat, but then you will need to warm up the vaseline in the slots before benching for no 55 woes.

New board is working very well over here, tested a few chips last night and no cb or cbb, just reboot and good to go:thumb:
post #375 of 2135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullant View Post

@jjjc,are you using 640 or more maxmem?.Ive only tried 600 so far,going up abit is their any advantages.I see the cached goes up

http://www.hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59483

That is the magic number for Ivy:)

I prefer a bit more for Sandy, and 600 is good for older platforms (X58, 775 etc. . .)
post #376 of 2135
Quote:
Originally Posted by 636cc of fury View Post

No such thing here man, I have tested so many chips on it and my 6.5 4c 4t 3D chip keeps kicking and running the exact same clocks at the exact same volts (1.92v) on both the Asrock and Asus.
The only issue is that the max voltage is 1.92v due to the firmware controller that was used, not sure if this is fixable with a bios update as it may be a hardware limitation, but by all means get one man you will not be disappointed.

Cheers man, good to know. I only need around 1.88v for my chip to do 6.5 4c/4t so the 1.92v thing won't be an issue, just not going to be the board for subzero mem. Looks like I'll have to pick one up, they're killing it.
post #377 of 2135
^Why no subzero memory on it? Splave said it has performed like a tank the times he has gone cold on the memory.

btw what is the exact model number on your Crucial Ballistix kit?

2133 9-10-9 bin?
post #378 of 2135
Quote:
Originally Posted by 636cc of fury View Post

^Why no subzero memory on it? Splave said it has performed like a tank the times he has gone cold on the memory.
btw what is the exact model number on your Crucial Ballistix kit?
2133 9-10-9 bin?

Because unless it really outperforms an MVF for memory clocks then 1.92v won't be enough for my sticks to perform. I need over 2v for 2666 7-11-7 with tight tertiaries. I'd certainly be interested to give it a shot for curiosity sakes though.

Crucial kit is BL25664FN2139.Z16F64, 2133 9-10-9 1.65v bin.
post #379 of 2135
Quote:
Originally Posted by 636cc of fury View Post

http://www.hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59483
That is the magic number for Ivy:)
I prefer a bit more for Sandy, and 600 is good for older platforms (X58, 775 etc. . .)
Thanks Loud,ill try it up and down see if it helps
post #380 of 2135
Quote:
Originally Posted by 636cc of fury View Post

It is and I can confirm this because my new MVE has no such issue with any chip, forget vaseline as insulation on this board, or just be very careful and just a light coat, but then you will need to warm up the vaseline in the slots before benching for no 55 woes.
New board is working very well over here, tested a few chips last night and no cb or cbb, just reboot and good to go:thumb:

Thats good to know,think the MVE would be nice.May try MVE then because my UD3 has become limited with my mems
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Benchmarks › Benchmarking Software and Discussion › Super PI 32M 4ghz efficiency challenge