Overclock.net › Forums › Benchmarks › Benchmarking Software and Discussion › Super PI 32M 4ghz efficiency challenge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Super PI 32M 4ghz efficiency challenge - Page 44

post #431 of 2135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullant View Post

Nice it looks to be a really quality board

It definitely is, took it for a quick spin last night and so far so good.

Memory performance is feeling very nice, I only have average kits of PSC, at least on air. It managed to clock one of my kits to 2526 8-12-7-26 with tight tertiaries. That's nothing special, but it is better than I managed to get booting on the MVF and this passed 32m. Just LSC with no maxmem, pf or other tweaks put it in the 49s zone, not bad efficiency considering either.

Software is fantastic. One real gripe I had with the MVF is that if you don't have a laptop handy then you're pretty well screwed. I don't like clocking too far in bios as this chip I have has a mean CBB at around -120, -100 depending on how it feels. I don't want to be cooking the pot and booting at -100c and 1.9v so I do most of my clocking in windows. The software Asus provides is absolutely terrible and bloated. It starts around 10 services I can just never get rid of.

ASRock starts one service, a single service that politely screws off when you close the program. Rapid OC works really well, a tiny little program that sits in the background and doesn't do any harm. Set a hotkey to control what the Rapid OC buttons do (I have 1 for bclk, 2 for multi and 3 for vcore) and you're set. Formula Drive is nice too, again it doesn't bring with it a million unrequired services. You will need to install Intel's ME drivers if you want to adjust bclk though.

All in all I'm quite impressed so far, will be taking it cold today.
post #432 of 2135
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjc_93 View Post

It definitely is, took it for a quick spin last night and so far so good.
Memory performance is feeling very nice, I only have average kits of PSC, at least on air. It managed to clock one of my kits to 2526 8-12-7-26 with tight tertiaries. That's nothing special, but it is better than I managed to get booting on the MVF and this passed 32m. Just LSC with no maxmem, pf or other tweaks put it in the 49s zone, not bad efficiency considering either.
Software is fantastic. One real gripe I had with the MVF is that if you don't have a laptop handy then you're pretty well screwed. I don't like clocking too far in bios as this chip I have has a mean CBB at around -120, -100 depending on how it feels. I don't want to be cooking the pot and booting at -100c and 1.9v so I do most of my clocking in windows. The software Asus provides is absolutely terrible and bloated. It starts around 10 services I can just never get rid of.
ASRock starts one service, a single service that politely screws off when you close the program. Rapid OC works really well, a tiny little program that sits in the background and doesn't do any harm. Set a hotkey to control what the Rapid OC buttons do (I have 1 for bclk, 2 for multi and 3 for vcore) and you're set. Formula Drive is nice too, again it doesn't bring with it a million unrequired services. You will need to install Intel's ME drivers if you want to adjust bclk though.
All in all I'm quite impressed so far, will be taking it cold today.
Thanks for the update jjjc,this board just gets better.By the looks it loves BBSE too and the efficiency just seems awesome.Just cpu cold today? or mems?
post #433 of 2135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullant View Post

Thanks for the update jjjc,this board just gets better.By the looks it loves BBSE too and the efficiency just seems awesome.Just cpu cold today? or mems?

small update @ 5ghz

aEX5o.png

ramdisk next XD
post #434 of 2135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullant View Post

Thanks for the update jjjc,this board just gets better.By the looks it loves BBSE too and the efficiency just seems awesome.Just cpu cold today? or mems?

CPU today want to do some 3D testing, memory definitely on the cards for next weekend with some serious 32m work at high clock.
post #435 of 2135
Quote:
Originally Posted by 636cc of fury View Post

small update @ 5ghz
aEX5o.png
ramdisk next XD
Hey loud,i havnt had good look at both your 5ghz times to compare,but i notice you got the tRFC down from 88 to 78,i know dropping tRFC is a big help.When my mems on LN2 i can get my tRFC down too 60ish.Yours are running quite good for air and also the ram speed you are running,when you go LN2,you going to get some even better times,awesome
Better waza start too
Edit,i am in know way saying this is slow,must be a top 5 -10 ES challenge and on air ,it is really good.Just saying you will kill it on ln2 if you know what i mean
Edited by Bullant - 11/10/12 at 1:52am
post #436 of 2135
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjc_93 View Post

CPU today want to do some 3D testing, memory definitely on the cards for next weekend with some serious 32m work at high clock.
Yeah man you got that 6.6ghz 3D chip,6.8ghz maybe 1 core 32m?
post #437 of 2135
Triple Point pot under there somewhere:D

xkqqQ.jpg

XqUud.png
Edited by 636cc of fury - 11/12/12 at 9:32am
post #438 of 2135
Awesome pic Loud, nice efficiency too. Tight twcl. biggrin.gif
post #439 of 2135
Yeah i was looking at these Inflection pots,but they are all aluminum as well,I wouldn't mind a all copper mem pot,with the extra mass it would hold temps nice and steady at any temp.The all aluminum pots are fine at full pot benching but if mems wont run at full pot then the copper pot would be awesome.
post #440 of 2135
^

Mems aren't Fermi:p

No need for a super heavy rampot and honestly the Triple Point is pretty heavy for all alu.

I was lazy on the above run and did not even remove the oem heat sinks, I simply set the pot on top and got on it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Benchmarks › Benchmarking Software and Discussion › Super PI 32M 4ghz efficiency challenge