Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [BGR][AC] Samsung’s plan for revenge: Sue Apple if it dares release an LTE iPhone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[BGR][AC] Samsung’s plan for revenge: Sue Apple if it dares release an LTE iPhone - Page 15

post #141 of 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twist86 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post

Don't get how people can root for either of them.

Sadly I have to agree....Google is becoming worse than Apple on MANY fronts other than their phones and tablets. Maybe we will get lucky and they will go mafia style and wipe each other out thumb.gif Our first every company war in the truest sense tongue.gif
Please elaborate... Google is FAR better than Apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clairvoyant129 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3930K View Post

iPad? Maybe, I don't have anything to disagree with that. Screen res? In all but the PC market. Look at the ASUS UX21A. it was a laptop with a DPI only 25 dots lower, and afaik it came out before the rMBP (or announced before then) and it is selling well too. Maybe the promotion from the rMBP helped a little, but it is still selling very well.
Ultrathin laptops? If you were rich, no. There was many VAIO series that were ultraportable before the introduction of the MBA. For example, the 2000 Z series (well maybe not THAT successful... but still)
It ran an OS meant for tablets, it ran XP Tablet edition... Not Full XP...
Yes PROTOTYPE... there is MANY prototypes... they could make a prototype after the press conference on the Tablet PC...
Yes... I'm pretty sure the iPad MINI is going to cost the same as the nexus 7 which is inevitably going to be way higher specc'd. rolleyes.gif
*looks at 64GB version of Transformer Pad Infinity, here*
Your point is invalid.

Huh? The you're comparing a Tegra 3 1920x1200 tablet to an A5X (with a PowerVR SGX543MP4) 2048x1536 iPad 3?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5688/apple-ipad-2012-review/15

The GPU on the iPad 3 is several times stronger than the Tegra 3. Even the iPad 2 gives twice the GPU performance of Tegra 3.

I'll take the iPad 3 over the buggy Asus. Better SoC, much better screen, better app selection. Seems like a no brainer.
Yes I am...

Maybe, however it has to use it on that bigger screen. Also most games on Android are optimized for Tegra 3. A benchmark can't be, because then it'd be unfair.

lachen.gif Better SoC? Maybe for the GPU. Buggy? A closed system that gets malware is buggy lachen.gif Screen is not much better, is the screen readable outdoors with sun on the iPad? No. On the TF700? Yes. Better ap selection? Yes, of course 5K apps for flashlight is better than just a few that do all they need to. No, it is not. The ASUS is cheaper, runs a better OS (IMO), has a WIDER choice of apps (not the same app reposted 5K times) and has a keyboard dock that lets you do ACTUAL PRODUCTIVITY on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkinos98 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3930K View Post

iPad? Maybe, I don't have anything to disagree with that. Screen res? In all but the PC market. Look at the ASUS UX21A. it was a laptop with a DPI only 25 dots lower, and afaik it came out before the rMBP (or announced before then) and it is selling well too. Maybe the promotion from the rMBP helped a little, but it is still selling very well.
Ultrathin laptops? If you were rich, no. There was many VAIO series that were ultraportable before the introduction of the MBA. For example, the 2000 Z series (well maybe not THAT successful... but still)
It ran an OS meant for tablets, it ran XP Tablet edition... Not Full XP...
Yes PROTOTYPE... there is MANY prototypes... they could make a prototype after the press conference on the Tablet PC...
Yes... I'm pretty sure the iPad MINI is going to cost the same as the nexus 7 which is inevitably going to be way higher specc'd. rolleyes.gif
*looks at 64GB version of Transformer Pad Infinity, here*
Your point is invalid.

that looks like a fanboi response. also Samsung is a bit stupid to tell this, since if you know your traps you dont go hunting a secret chest, or just be careful.also we have a Vaio TX series, its 8 years old and the only thing it had changed was the ram, even the origina battery stays. 11", 1.5kgs or so and has a cd drive. also im sure iPad Mini will sell more, especially if its going to be circa $249, it will steal lots of customers of the kindle fire and the nexus 7. most people never care about specs, they just buy it for the brand; probably the reason why Louis Vuitton makes suitcases.
I am careful.

Yes that is unfortunately true.

Posted from my iPhone 4 and edited from my family's iPad.

I prefer android, still have an iPhone 4. Why? I try out stuff so people don't throw the "mindless hater sheeple" excuse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clairvoyant129 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkinos98 View Post

i never actually saw the nexus 7, but the iPad 3 has a great screen. *fist bump for apple*

Can't compare the iPad 3 to the Nexus 7. Everything about the iPad 3 is superior but than again the Nexus 7 is a lot cheaper and meant for a different market.
Please tell me how the browser is superior? Let's say Safari vs Android Chrome in any web benchmark? You said everything after all...
Also what about the wider choice of apps (NOT apps reposted 5K times)
Edited by 3930K - 9/2/12 at 2:29am
post #142 of 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3930K View Post

Please elaborate... Google is FAR better than Apple.
Yes I am...
Maybe, however it has to use it on that bigger screen. Also most games on Android are optimized for Tegra 3. A benchmark can't be, because then it'd be unfair.
lachen.gif Better SoC? Maybe for the GPU. Buggy? A closed system that gets malware is buggy lachen.gif Screen is not much better, is the screen readable outdoors with sun on the iPad? No. On the TF700? Yes. Better ap selection? Yes, of course 5K apps for flashlight is better than just a few that do all they need to. No, it is not. The ASUS is cheaper, runs a better OS (IMO), has a WIDER choice of apps (not the same app reposted 5K times) and has a keyboard dock that lets you do ACTUAL PRODUCTIVITY on it.
I am careful.
Yes that is unfortunately true.
Posted from my iPhone 4 and edited from my family's iPad.
I prefer android, still have an iPhone 4. Why? I try out stuff so people don't throw the "mindless hater sheeple" excuse.
Please tell me how the browser is superior? Let's say Safari vs Android Chrome in any web benchmark? You said everything after all...
Also what about the wider choice of apps (NOT apps reposted 5K times)

You clearly hate Apple don't you? Defending that ASUS against the iPad. LOL? So you can't read the iPad outdoors, I don't think so people bought it to watch and browse stuff in the sun.

And now your'e dissing 5K^5K apps. I've seen the android store, its better if we don't talk about it only. The choice of apps in the AppStore is far more superior to what the android market has.

"Yes, of course 5K apps for flashlight is better than just a few that do all they need to. No, it is not"

Well yes it is. Imagine having only a handful of motherboards or cars or processors to chose from. How sweet.
The ASUS is CHEAPER because the build quality, screen and everything else is CHEAPER.
Edited by chip94 - 9/2/12 at 2:58am
:D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K [4.5ghz] Asus P8Z77 V-Pro Asus GTX 760 2X4gb Corsair XMS3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue 1TB EZEX X 2 [RAID 0] [WD Black 640GB][2 X WD Blue 1TB EZEX] Corsair H80i Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
Dell Ultrasharp 23" Corsair CX430W v2 Corsair Graphite 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
:D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K [4.5ghz] Asus P8Z77 V-Pro Asus GTX 760 2X4gb Corsair XMS3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue 1TB EZEX X 2 [RAID 0] [WD Black 640GB][2 X WD Blue 1TB EZEX] Corsair H80i Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
Dell Ultrasharp 23" Corsair CX430W v2 Corsair Graphite 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #143 of 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip94 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3930K View Post

Please elaborate... Google is FAR better than Apple.
Yes I am...
Maybe, however it has to use it on that bigger screen. Also most games on Android are optimized for Tegra 3. A benchmark can't be, because then it'd be unfair.
lachen.gif Better SoC? Maybe for the GPU. Buggy? A closed system that gets malware is buggy lachen.gif Screen is not much better, is the screen readable outdoors with sun on the iPad? No. On the TF700? Yes. Better ap selection? Yes, of course 5K apps for flashlight is better than just a few that do all they need to. No, it is not. The ASUS is cheaper, runs a better OS (IMO), has a WIDER choice of apps (not the same app reposted 5K times) and has a keyboard dock that lets you do ACTUAL PRODUCTIVITY on it.
I am careful.
Yes that is unfortunately true.
Posted from my iPhone 4 and edited from my family's iPad.
I prefer android, still have an iPhone 4. Why? I try out stuff so people don't throw the "mindless hater sheeple" excuse.
Please tell me how the browser is superior? Let's say Safari vs Android Chrome in any web benchmark? You said everything after all...
Also what about the wider choice of apps (NOT apps reposted 5K times)

You clearly hate Apple don't you? Defending that ASUS against the iPad. LOL? So you can't read the iPad outdoors, I don't think so people bought it to watch and browse stuff in the sun.

And now your'e dissing 5K^5K apps. I've seen the android marketplace, its better if we don't talk about it only.

The ASUS is CHEAPER because the build quality, screen and everything else is CHEAPER.
Please look at my answer to Barkinos' post.

Well iPads are not really used in the house. They are normally used outside the house, maybe for reading. Some places don't have shades and when they don't, the iPad is unusable. The ASUS is not. Also, maybe it's very nice in your garden. How many times have you read in the garden? For me, many times. Of course all of this is solved by the Kindle but this is not about the Kindle.

Android market? When did you last see is cos it's now the play store.

Lolz the whole tablet is made of Aluminium except the rf windows. Have you Seen the will it blend iPad video? Hmm it's not flimsy but he snaps it in half with his hands...

Also crApple's components are cheaper due to the iPad being bought in a much bigger scale, which is a darn shame.
post #144 of 516
Welp, I'm just going to ignore these last bunch of pages because I see a lot of arguing/bickering over a bunch of stuff that isn't about the actual post so I'm going to start fresh biggrin.gif. I was reading into the LTE patents and stuff, and while Samsung could try to sue Apple for use of LTE, couldn't Apple by law request fair and reasonable terms for licensing? If I'm not mistaken, if the defendant requests to license the technology and the plaintiff is already licensing this technology (as they obviously are) to other parties, the plaintiff is allowed to request for licensing fees before litigation? I mean the difference between this and the recent lawsuit is that Apple doesn't license the design patents to anyone, so it isn't required to provide fair and reasonable licensing terms to Samsung, whereas LTE is incorporated into many manufacturer phones.

Another point to consider is that Samsung owns a portion of all the patents towards LTE, so wouldn't it have to be treated as a consortium for the entire LTE package aka they all have to work together to allow all manufacturers to use LTE? Or at least silently agree to them using the technology? This part I'm more hazy on.
Project Taco
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Z87 G1 Sniper 5 EVGA 780 TI Classified EVGA 780 TI Classified 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Avexir Core Series 4x4GB White Samsung 840 EVO Corsair H100i Noiseblocker eLoops 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 QNIX QX2710 QNIX QX2710 KBT Pure MX Whites 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA Supernova 1000W Gold NZXT H440 Func MS-3 O2/ODAC 
Audio
MrSpeakers Mad Dogs (Fostex T50RP Mod) 
  hide details  
Reply
Project Taco
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Z87 G1 Sniper 5 EVGA 780 TI Classified EVGA 780 TI Classified 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Avexir Core Series 4x4GB White Samsung 840 EVO Corsair H100i Noiseblocker eLoops 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 QNIX QX2710 QNIX QX2710 KBT Pure MX Whites 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA Supernova 1000W Gold NZXT H440 Func MS-3 O2/ODAC 
Audio
MrSpeakers Mad Dogs (Fostex T50RP Mod) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #145 of 516
I don't know how US laws work but I'd assume that they have to use FRAND but apple still needs to license Samsung's patents.
post #146 of 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3930K View Post

iPad? Maybe, I don't have anything to disagree with that. Screen res? In all but the PC market. Look at the ASUS UX21A. it was a laptop with a DPI only 25 dots lower, and afaik it came out before the rMBP (or announced before then) and it is selling well too. Maybe the promotion from the rMBP helped a little, but it is still selling very well.
You mean the 1080p 13.3 inch Zenbook? That's only 165 PPI. The rMBP is 226 PPI.
Quote:
It ran an OS meant for tablets, it ran XP Tablet edition... Not Full XP...
Some did, some didn't. Either way the apps it used (aside from a few) were still designed with a keyboard and mouse in mind.
Quote:
Yes PROTOTYPE... there is MANY prototypes... they could make a prototype after the press conference on the Tablet PC...
What's your point here? I was simply stating that they did have an iPad prototype back in 2002. My point was that they waited until the hardware and software was ready.
Quote:
Yes... I'm pretty sure the iPad MINI is going to cost the same as the nexus 7 which is inevitably going to be way higher specc'd. rolleyes.gif
It's as much about the software as it is the hardware. The iPad Mini will either be $249 or $299 for 16GB of storage and a dual-core A5 -- that's my estimation anyway.
Quote:
*looks at 64GB version of Transformer Pad Infinity, here*

Your point is invalid.
They probably had to lower the price because it wasn't selling enough wink.gif

Anyway it's only $130 less -- still in the same vicinity. And with the iPad you get better battery life, a better GPU, higher pixel density and colour accuracy.
Quote:
Yes I am...

Maybe, however it has to use it on that bigger screen. Also most games on Android are optimized for Tegra 3. A benchmark can't be, because then it'd be unfair.
The benchmarks show that the iPad 3 scores nearly twice the frame rate in GLBenchmark 2.5 at 2048x1536 than the Infinity at 1920x1200.
Quote:
lachen.gif Better SoC? Maybe for the GPU. Buggy? A closed system that gets malware is buggy lachen.gif Screen is not much better, is the screen readable outdoors with sun on the iPad? No. On the TF700? Yes. Better ap selection? Yes, of course 5K apps for flashlight is better than just a few that do all they need to. No, it is not. The ASUS is cheaper, runs a better OS (IMO), has a WIDER choice of apps (not the same app reposted 5K times) and has a keyboard dock that lets you do ACTUAL PRODUCTIVITY on it.
Not maybe, definitely for the GPU. And iOS doesn't get malware. Have you tried reading an iPad outdoors? I don't see why the TF700 would be any more readable than the iPad?

The iPad has way better and way more tablet apps. You have to buy that keyboard -- and you can pair a wireless keyboard with the iPad too.
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
Reply
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #147 of 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3930K View Post

iPad? Maybe, I don't have anything to disagree with that. Screen res? In all but the PC market. Look at the ASUS UX21A. it was a laptop with a DPI only 25 dots lower, and afaik it came out before the rMBP (or announced before then) and it is selling well too. Maybe the promotion from the rMBP helped a little, but it is still selling very well.
You mean the 1080p 13.3 inch Zenbook? That's only 165 PPI. The rMBP is 226 PPI.
No I meant the 11inch UX21A. 200ppi.
Quote:
It ran an OS meant for tablets, it ran XP Tablet edition... Not Full XP...
Some did, some didn't. Either way the apps it used (aside from a few) were still designed with a keyboard and mouse in mind.
That is true.
Quote:
Yes PROTOTYPE... there is MANY prototypes... they could make a prototype after the press conference on the Tablet PC...
What's your point here? I was simply stating that they did have an iPad prototype back in 2002. My point was that they waited until the hardware and software was ready.
And the point is Microsoft were both early (with that one) and late (Surface). They did it early to judge the interest, not much, and then revived the idea when the iPad had much success.
Quote:
Yes... I'm pretty sure the iPad MINI is going to cost the same as the nexus 7 which is inevitably going to be way higher specc'd. rolleyes.gif
It's as much about the software as it is the hardware. The iPad Mini will either be $249 or $299 for 16GB of storage and a dual-core A5 -- that's my estimation anyway.
Most estimations peg it at $379.
Quote:
*looks at 64GB version of Transformer Pad Infinity, here*

Your point is invalid.
They probably had to lower the price because it wasn't selling enough wink.gif

Anyway it's only $130 less -- still in the same vicinity. And with the iPad you get better battery life, a better GPU, higher pixel density and colour accuracy.
Well then same with the keyboard dock; which is a godsend. Also that reminds me of when you said $100 is not a significant price difference lachen.gif

However with the dock the battery life shoots above the iPad's. And no they didn't iirc. afaik that's $20 under the MSRP.
Better GPU? Yes, however it's equal as you notice it as it has to drive all those extra pixels. Higher pixel density? The iPad's is 263ppi while the TF700's is 224, not much IMO, especially with the extra distance the dock will add. Colour accuracy, yes, but it's not like you can do much (much, not all) that benefits from better colour accuracy on tablets anyways.
Quote:
Yes I am...

Maybe, however it has to use it on that bigger screen. Also most games on Android are optimized for Tegra 3. A benchmark can't be, because then it'd be unfair.
The benchmarks show that the iPad 3 scores nearly twice the frame rate in GLBenchmark 2.5 at 2048x1536 than the Infinity at 1920x1200.
Again, it you've frogotten the Tegra 3 optimizations GLBenchmark can't add, but 99% of games worth playing do.
Quote:
lachen.gif Better SoC? Maybe for the GPU. Buggy? A closed system that gets malware is buggy lachen.gif Screen is not much better, is the screen readable outdoors with sun on the iPad? No. On the TF700? Yes. Better ap selection? Yes, of course 5K apps for flashlight is better than just a few that do all they need to. No, it is not. The ASUS is cheaper, runs a better OS (IMO), has a WIDER choice of apps (not the same app reposted 5K times) and has a keyboard dock that lets you do ACTUAL PRODUCTIVITY on it.
Not maybe, definitely for the GPU. And iOS doesn't get malware. Have you tried reading an iPad outdoors? I don't see why the TF700 would be any more readable than the iPad?

The iPad has way better and way more tablet apps. You have to buy that keyboard -- and you can pair a wireless keyboard with the iPad too.

Yes, that was wrong.

Have you read about that call to home thing? It got malware once, and that was a small dev.

I have. It is alright readable, but nothing compared to the TF700.

Yes, if you compare 5K flashlight apps vs 1k-2k. And so on.

You don't HAVE to. And that equals out the price difference. Which makes the TF700 a MUCH better tablet at the price range.

I'll bold my responses; it's easier to read.
post #148 of 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3930K View Post

No I meant the 11inch UX21A. 200ppi.
That's a good pixel density, but it's still a tiny display. Not useful
Quote:
It ran an OS meant for tablets, it ran XP Tablet edition... Not Full XP...
Yes PROTOTYPE... there is MANY prototypes... they could make a prototype after the press conference on the Tablet PC...
Quote:
And the point is Microsoft were both early (with that one) and late (Surface). They did it early to judge the interest, not much, and then revived the idea when the iPad had much success.
That pretty much true of the whole market too. As soon as everyone saw Apple do it right then everyone was trying to jump on the wagon quickly. It's harder with a x86 tablet because of the technology which is probably why Microsoft's only released the Surface recently.
Quote:
Most estimations peg it at $379.
I've not seen any estimation that high. That's only $20 less than the 9.7 inch iPad 2. At $249 it would be the same cost as the Nexus 7 with 16GB of storage and it would have the same ratio of profit as the iPad 2 based off my calculations.
Quote:
Well then same with the keyboard dock; which is a godsend. Also that reminds me of when you said $100 is not a significant price difference lachen.gif
That was taken out of context. I was saying that the $100 wasn't a significant price difference in the sense of the usual "Apple products are twice the price" nonsense. It's in the same vicinity, I meant.
Quote:
However with the dock the battery life shoots above the iPad's. And no they didn't iirc. afaik that's $20 under the MSRP.
It does -- but you could pick up an external battery for the iPad.
Quote:
Better GPU? Yes, however it's equal as you notice it as it has to drive all those extra pixels.
Not even close. Did you miss where I said the iPad 3 scores nearly twice the TF700 in GLBenchmark 2.5? Both at native resolutions. The TF700's GPU is about as powerful as the iPad 2's GPU.
Quote:
Higher pixel density? The iPad's is 263ppi while the TF700's is 224, not much IMO, especially with the extra distance the dock will add. Colour accuracy, yes, but it's not like you can do much (much, not all) that benefits from better colour accuracy on tablets anyways.
It's still nice. A little crisper and a fair amount better looking.
Quote:
Again, it you've frogotten the Tegra 3 optimizations GLBenchmark can't add, but 99% of games worth playing do.
It's not going to compensate for having twice as powerful graphics. Need I mention that many apps are optimized for the SGX543MP2 as well?
Quote:
Yes, that was wrong.

Have you read about that call to home thing? It got malware once, and that was a small dev.
That's not really what I would consider malware but yes that did happen. But all it could do was lift the user's contacts. It's not good, but it's small time compared to what's possible on Android.
Quote:
I have. It is alright readable, but nothing compared to the TF700.
What display does the TF700 use?
Quote:
Yes, if you compare 5K flashlight apps vs 1k-2k. And so on.
No. I'm talking about real high end apps. Android simply doesn't have many tablet specific apps.
Quote:
You don't HAVE to. And that equals out the price difference. Which makes the TF700 a MUCH better tablet at the price range.[/B]
No I was saying you would have to buy that keyboard to get it. It doesn't come with it. And for the same amount of money you should be able to pick up an external battery and bluetooth keyboard. True it doesn't come in a laptop form factor but it's still doable.
Quote:
I'll bold my responses; it's easier to read.
Yeah... but not to reply to eek.gif
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
Reply
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #149 of 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3930K View Post

No I meant the 11inch UX21A. 200ppi.
That's a good pixel density, but it's still a tiny display. Not useful.
Not really. It's bigger than what Apple crammed 1080p in that movie program of theirs in the rMBP so you could edit the 1080p while still looking at the whole thing/
Quote:
It ran an OS meant for tablets, it ran XP Tablet edition... Not Full XP...
Yes PROTOTYPE... there is MANY prototypes... they could make a prototype after the press conference on the Tablet PC...
Quote:
And the point is Microsoft were both early (with that one) and late (Surface). They did it early to judge the interest, not much, and then revived the idea when the iPad had much success.
That pretty much true of the whole market too. As soon as everyone saw Apple do it right then everyone was trying to jump on the wagon quickly. It's harder with a x86 tablet because of the technology which is probably why Microsoft's only released the Surface recently.
But they didn't copy, which is my point.
Quote:
Most estimations peg it at $379.
I've not seen any estimation that high. That's only $20 less than the 9.7 inch iPad 2. At $249 it would be the same cost as the Nexus 7 with 16GB of storage and it would have the same ratio of profit as the iPad 2 based off my calculations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3930K (bold doesn't work) 
Quote:
Most analysts believe Apple will release the iPad Mini with a $299 price tag. Apple will likely release two versions of the device: a low-end Wi-Fi-only device for the lower $299 price, and a higher-end, 4G-capable version for $349.
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/11076/20120831/ipad-mini-price-apple-rumors.htm
Quote:
Well then same with the keyboard dock; which is a godsend. Also that reminds me of when you said $100 is not a significant price difference lachen.gif
That was taken out of context. I was saying that the $100 wasn't a significant price difference in the sense of the usual "Apple products are twice the price" nonsense. It's in the same vicinity, I meant.
Ah didn't see the whole post.
Quote:
However with the dock the battery life shoots above the iPad's. And no they didn't iirc. afaik that's $20 under the MSRP.
It does -- but you could pick up an external battery for the iPad.
And that would make the price of the iPad higher again. For the SAME PRICE the TF700 will have more battery life.
Quote:
Better GPU? Yes, however it's equal as you notice it as it has to drive all those extra pixels.
Not even close. Did you miss where I said the iPad 3 scores nearly twice the TF700 in GLBenchmark 2.5? Both at native resolutions. The TF700's GPU is about as powerful as the iPad 2's GPU.
I read that later. I replied to the message as I went, like now.
Quote:
Higher pixel density? The iPad's is 263ppi while the TF700's is 224, not much IMO, especially with the extra distance the dock will add. Colour accuracy, yes, but it's not like you can do much (much, not all) that benefits from better colour accuracy on tablets anyways.
It's still nice. A little crisper and a fair amount better looking.
Not when you have the keyboard dock's distance between you + the usual distance.
Quote:
Again, it you've frogotten the Tegra 3 optimizations GLBenchmark can't add, but 99% of games worth playing do.
It's not going to compensate for having twice as powerful graphics. Need I mention that many apps are optimized for the SGX543MP2 as well?
Yes, however much less than the Tegra 3 as Apple can integrate that optimization into the compiler, while Android devs can't.
Quote:
Yes, that was wrong.

Have you read about that call to home thing? It got malware once, and that was a small dev.
That's not really what I would consider malware but yes that did happen. But all it could do was lift the user's contacts. It's not good, but it's small time compared to what's possible on Android.
If you're stupid, which does not apply to 99% of the people here.
Quote:
I have. It is alright readable, but nothing compared to the TF700.
What display does the TF700 use?
Super IPS+.
Quote:
Yes, if you compare 5K flashlight apps vs 1k-2k. And so on.
No. I'm talking about real high end apps. Android simply doesn't have many tablet specific apps.
Tablet specific? Yes, because Android developers don't pull crap and sell different versions for iPad and for iPhone.
Quote:
You don't HAVE to. And that equals out the price difference. Which makes the TF700 a MUCH better tablet at the price range.[/B]
No I was saying you would have to buy that keyboard to get it. It doesn't come with it. And for the same amount of money you should be able to pick up an external battery and bluetooth keyboard. True it doesn't come in a laptop form factor but it's still doable.
Nope, because then the iPad would shoot above the TF700 again.
Quote:
I'll bold my responses; it's easier to read.
Yeah... but not to reply to eek.gif
confused.gif

I reply to all your questions.
post #150 of 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3930K View Post

Please elaborate... Google is FAR better than Apple.
Yes I am...
Maybe, however it has to use it on that bigger screen. Also most games on Android are optimized for Tegra 3. A benchmark can't be, because then it'd be unfair.
lachen.gif Better SoC? Maybe for the GPU. Buggy? A closed system that gets malware is buggy lachen.gif Screen is not much better, is the screen readable outdoors with sun on the iPad? No. On the TF700? Yes. Better ap selection? Yes, of course 5K apps for flashlight is better than just a few that do all they need to. No, it is not. The ASUS is cheaper, runs a better OS (IMO), has a WIDER choice of apps (not the same app reposted 5K times) and has a keyboard dock that lets you do ACTUAL PRODUCTIVITY on it.
I am careful.
Yes that is unfortunately true.
Posted from my iPhone 4 and edited from my family's iPad.
I prefer android, still have an iPhone 4. Why? I try out stuff so people don't throw the "mindless hater sheeple" excuse.
Please tell me how the browser is superior? Let's say Safari vs Android Chrome in any web benchmark? You said everything after all...
Also what about the wider choice of apps (NOT apps reposted 5K times)

i prefer iOS, even though dad has a galaxy note, i didn't like the OS itself. the screen and size is awesome but the OS makes it slow/note is actually slow hardware based.also, iOS apps are way better, since you dont have compatibility problems like windows has. too much hardware range, so you cant test every machine, but only an iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch makes it easier. im also surprised that no body mentioned crapberry. had one, never again. its like a pentium 3 computer which has vista on it. no matter how much you wipe it and reinstall the OS, still slower than crap. basically apple ftw! im not saying android is bad, its just the phones/tablets i used sucked, either because of OS or hardware.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-5257U Logic Board Iris Graphics 6100 8GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128GB My Passport 1TB easyStore 4TB Samsung External 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
OSX Sierra Retina Display 13" Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional 2 Magsafe 2 60W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
MacBook Pro Retina 13" MX Master QCK JBL Flip 3 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Sennheiser CX300-II Status Audio CB-1 TechnoShield Blue Marble Skin Magsafe to Magsafe 2 Adapter 
OtherOtherOther
Thunderbolt Ethernet Adapter Apple Mini Displayport to VGA Adapter Griffin Mini Displayport to HDMI/DVI Adapter 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770k  Sabertooth Z87 Reference GTX780 w/ Backplate Dominator GT 4x4GB 2000MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Force LE 120GB Barracuda 2TB Pioneer Bluray Writer Corsair H80i 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
eLoop B12-2 Gentle Typhoon AP-15 Windows 10 MX239h 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ AX760i Corsair Carbide 100R Logitech MX Master 
Mouse PadOther
Steelseries QCK TP-LINK WDN4800 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-5257U Logic Board Iris Graphics 6100 8GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128GB My Passport 1TB easyStore 4TB Samsung External 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
OSX Sierra Retina Display 13" Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional 2 Magsafe 2 60W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
MacBook Pro Retina 13" MX Master QCK JBL Flip 3 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Sennheiser CX300-II Status Audio CB-1 TechnoShield Blue Marble Skin Magsafe to Magsafe 2 Adapter 
OtherOtherOther
Thunderbolt Ethernet Adapter Apple Mini Displayport to VGA Adapter Griffin Mini Displayport to HDMI/DVI Adapter 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770k  Sabertooth Z87 Reference GTX780 w/ Backplate Dominator GT 4x4GB 2000MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Force LE 120GB Barracuda 2TB Pioneer Bluray Writer Corsair H80i 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
eLoop B12-2 Gentle Typhoon AP-15 Windows 10 MX239h 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ AX760i Corsair Carbide 100R Logitech MX Master 
Mouse PadOther
Steelseries QCK TP-LINK WDN4800 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [BGR][AC] Samsung’s plan for revenge: Sue Apple if it dares release an LTE iPhone