Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Will Athlon II x3 455 OC bottleneck a HD 7950?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Will Athlon II x3 455 OC bottleneck a HD 7950? - Page 3

post #21 of 57
Yea, I've also been told that the the Memory or VRM's (I can't remember which) aren't even connected to the main cooler :O
post #22 of 57
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu78 View Post

Why did you choose the XFX HD 7950 DD. you could have picked a card with a better cooler like Sapphire Vapor-X, Gigabyte Windforce, HIS Iceq. If you can change the order
http://www.amazon.com/HIS-GDDR5-2xMini-Graphics-H795Q3G2M/dp/B007LFV6BE/
the HIS Iceq is one of the best coolers.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7950-review-benchmark,3207-14.html

HIS iceq is ugly as hell dont like it!!
the Sapphire i have read a lot of issue and has blue PCB, same as Gigabyte and i dont like gigabyte as a videocard company... that was the one i was going to buy after a little research i went for the XFX 7950 BE DD like the style, look great and has OC potential like others, i dont mind having the Card
5-10C hotter, they are made to behave like that woulnd they?
post #23 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteReplay View Post

HIS iceq is ugly as hell dont like it!!
the Sapphire i have read a lot of issue and has blue PCB, same as Gigabyte and i dont like gigabyte as a videocard company... that was the one i was going to buy after a little research i went for the XFX 7950 BE DD like the style, look great and has OC potential like others, i dont mind having the Card 5-10C hotter, they are made to behave like that woulnd they?

well you have chosen a card with an average cooler. anyway good luck. hope your chip overclocks well at stock voltage. post your experience with the card - OC clocks,voltage, temps, fan noise.
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 57
The HIS card is ugly? I think it looks excellent, with those Thick heat pipes hanging out the side, and that cooler looks great too. Not to mention it performs very well.
post #25 of 57
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu78 View Post

well you have chosen a card with an average cooler. anyway good luck. hope your chip overclocks well at stock voltage. post your experience with the card - OC clocks,voltage, temps, fan noise.

yes i will man i hope i dont have any issue lol
post #26 of 57
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipekill2445 View Post

The HIS card is ugly? I think it looks excellent, with those Thick heat pipes hanging out the side, and that cooler looks great too. Not to mention it performs very well.

hehe thanks man, but i dont really like the look of that HIS 7950, and i have bought his before.
post #27 of 57
Thread Starter 
hey guy this is a very good example how this card behave... this guy has the cardoverclock
Core 1000Ghz / Mem / 1500+
and the Temp where never higher than 72C
post #28 of 57
There is nothing wrong with that XFX card (other than it says XFX on it). It's fine. It has good cooling.
 
Bitch Box 2009
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 760k ASRock Extreme 6+ msi r7850 G.Skill RipjawsX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vector 150 WD Black TPC-612 Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VH236H Logitech G105 Capstone 550m HAF XB 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 ATH-M3X 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Propus 620 M4A79XTD EVO GF 104 Obsidians 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Agility 2 CLF-F1255  R4-S2S-124K-GP Hyper T4 
CoolingOSPowerCase
EC-MC/CO Vista 64 dx11 OCZ Modstream Pro 700W V3 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Bitch Box 2009
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 760k ASRock Extreme 6+ msi r7850 G.Skill RipjawsX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vector 150 WD Black TPC-612 Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VH236H Logitech G105 Capstone 550m HAF XB 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 ATH-M3X 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Propus 620 M4A79XTD EVO GF 104 Obsidians 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Agility 2 CLF-F1255  R4-S2S-124K-GP Hyper T4 
CoolingOSPowerCase
EC-MC/CO Vista 64 dx11 OCZ Modstream Pro 700W V3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteReplay View Post

hey guy this is a very good example how this card behave... this guy has the cardoverclock
Core 1000Ghz / Mem / 1500+
and the Temp where never higher than 72C

The only problem, is that you have a Athlon II x3, and he has a massive Core i7 3770K.
post #30 of 57
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipekill2445 View Post

The only problem, is that you have a Athlon II x3, and he has a massive Core i7 3770K.

haha yeah i know but that in the mean time AMD release the FX8350 which im gonna buy no matter what biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Will Athlon II x3 455 OC bottleneck a HD 7950?