Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [TRINITY APU] AMD Socket FM2 - Motherboard Discussion & Gallery
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TRINITY APU] AMD Socket FM2 - Motherboard Discussion & Gallery - Page 66

post #651 of 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav3yb View Post

Does anyone know if trinity apu's automatically get more video memory as they need it? i was looking through my bio's settings and couldnt find anything about it.

No, most MBs have a setting to dedicate 512-2048MBs of RAM for the GPU.
post #652 of 774
You can edit the amount of memory you dedicate to the integrated graphics processing unit in the BIOS. You can set it to use 512MB, 1024MB or 2048MB of RAM. I would personally suggest using 1024MB.
Trinity POWER
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A10-5800K ASUS F2A85-M Pro XFX 6670 1GB GDDR5 8GB Samsung low voltage "MAGIC RAM" 1866MHZ 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
120GB Agility3 SSD Rocketfish CM Rebrand Windows 7 Professional 64 HP 23bw 1920 x 1080 IPS Panel 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow MX Blue's 550W Basiq Power Modular Silverstone PS07 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
Trinity POWER
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A10-5800K ASUS F2A85-M Pro XFX 6670 1GB GDDR5 8GB Samsung low voltage "MAGIC RAM" 1866MHZ 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
120GB Agility3 SSD Rocketfish CM Rebrand Windows 7 Professional 64 HP 23bw 1920 x 1080 IPS Panel 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow MX Blue's 550W Basiq Power Modular Silverstone PS07 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #653 of 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artikbot View Post

The issue is that the processor is running at turbo clocks and voltages on the BIOS. That's why it runs way cooler on Windows.

By the way, I'm running mine at 1.08V, rock solid. I'm still amazed at how little power this thing eats eek.gif

While runnig just the Window experience test my A75 hit 1.53vcore on the 5700. It would be fine when not stressed in Windows.
post #654 of 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artikbot View Post


The issue is that the processor is running at turbo clocks and voltages on the BIOS. That's why it runs way cooler on Windows.

By the way, I'm running mine at 1.08V, rock solid. I'm still amazed at how little power this thing eats eek.gif

I tried this, got it to boot 1.1v in bios, but throttles down when stress test, did you try this? I guess for normal use its fine like this.

M-ITX PC
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6600k Biostar Z170GTN ITX Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB MSI Gaming X AVEXIR - Core Series 2 x 8gb DDR4 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro Benq xl2411z TT esports meka Silverstone FT03 Mini 
MouseAudio
Func MS-2 Razer man owar 
  hide details  
Reply
M-ITX PC
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6600k Biostar Z170GTN ITX Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB MSI Gaming X AVEXIR - Core Series 2 x 8gb DDR4 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro Benq xl2411z TT esports meka Silverstone FT03 Mini 
MouseAudio
Func MS-2 Razer man owar 
  hide details  
Reply
post #655 of 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3T4LM4N222 View Post

You can edit the amount of memory you dedicate to the integrated graphics processing unit in the BIOS. You can set it to use 512MB, 1024MB or 2048MB of RAM. I would personally suggest using 1024MB.

Do you happen to know where this can be found on the msi fm2 itx board? I was looking everywhere and didn't find anything about allocating memory to it
post #656 of 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav3yb View Post

Do you happen to know where this can be found on the msi fm2 itx board? I was looking everywhere and didn't find anything about allocating memory to it

Yeap the same thing i want to know smile.gif
post #657 of 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav3yb View Post


Do you happen to know where this can be found on the msi fm2 itx board? I was looking everywhere and didn't find anything about allocating memory to it

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr one View Post


Yeap the same thing i want to know smile.gif



Pretty sure i remember seeing someone post that. Then he posted that it was added in a newer bios.

M-ITX PC
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6600k Biostar Z170GTN ITX Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB MSI Gaming X AVEXIR - Core Series 2 x 8gb DDR4 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro Benq xl2411z TT esports meka Silverstone FT03 Mini 
MouseAudio
Func MS-2 Razer man owar 
  hide details  
Reply
M-ITX PC
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6600k Biostar Z170GTN ITX Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB MSI Gaming X AVEXIR - Core Series 2 x 8gb DDR4 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro Benq xl2411z TT esports meka Silverstone FT03 Mini 
MouseAudio
Func MS-2 Razer man owar 
  hide details  
Reply
post #658 of 774
Hi guys!

First of all, great thread, on all the internet, this has been the most informative source I have found for making my choice of this platform.

English is not my native language, so bear with me on this one.

I apologize if this is inconvenient, if so, feel free removing this post or move to where it belongs.

I have been changing jobs and my new one includes moving around alot, living in temporary locations etc.
I sold off my old AM3 full ATX rig, and was starting to look for something way smaller that would be easy to move around.

Initially I was looking at Intel, but then I somehow found a rewiew of the Trinity line of APUs, and I was instantly hooked. I really like the concept of a low power-usage system, but still maintaining a powerful core capable of both casual gaming and anything work related.

After about three weeks of research, including spending the entire evening reading through your thread, I have come up with this build, and I would really be thankful for any feedback you guys can give me on it.

My budget is set to 950$, and the purpose of this build is to be easily moved (in comparison to a full size ATX Mobo and chassi), able to play HoN at maximum settings for 1920*1080, play other games on medium or high settings, Deus Ex, Dishonored, SC2, etc, run 2-3 screens simultaneously, and run normal desktop applications such as OpenOffice, Spotify etc.

Sound quality is something I really want, so if you guys got any advice regarding a good soundcard with bang for the buck that will fit this build and be superior to the Mobo one, I'm all ears.

PSU: Be Quiet! Straight power E8 430W - http://www.bequiet.com/en/powersupply/248
Chassi: SilverStone Sugo SG09 - http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=345&area=en
Motherboard: FM2A75 Pro4-M - http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A75%20Pro4-M/
CPU: AMD A10 5800K
Discrete GPU: Asus Radeon HD6670 1GB DDR5 - http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/EAH6670DIS1GD5/
CPU cooler: Arctic Freezer A30 - http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/cpu/473/freezer-a30.html?c=2181
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 1866 - http://www.crucial.com/store/ProductMarketing_BallistixTactical.aspx
Storage: 120GB SSD and 2TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD

I have a slim optical drive and a Sata adapter for it.

With this build, is the performance increase from 1866 mhz memory to 2133 mhz worth it in terms of costs, about 10$ more?
Is this cooler good for overclocking with this APU?
Does anyone know if you get a backplate with this motherboard?

Right now I'm at 884 USD, so I still got some 60 dollar to spend if needed.

Thank you for any replies or any feedback I recieve,

/Matt
post #659 of 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxaren View Post

Hi guys!

First of all, great thread, on all the internet, this has been the most informative source I have found for making my choice of this platform.

English is not my native language, so bear with me on this one.

I apologize if this is inconvenient, if so, feel free removing this post or move to where it belongs.

I have been changing jobs and my new one includes moving around alot, living in temporary locations etc.
I sold off my old AM3 full ATX rig, and was starting to look for something way smaller that would be easy to move around.

Initially I was looking at Intel, but then I somehow found a rewiew of the Trinity line of APUs, and I was instantly hooked. I really like the concept of a low power-usage system, but still maintaining a powerful core capable of both casual gaming and anything work related.

After about three weeks of research, including spending the entire evening reading through your thread, I have come up with this build, and I would really be thankful for any feedback you guys can give me on it.

My budget is set to 950$, and the purpose of this build is to be easily moved (in comparison to a full size ATX Mobo and chassi), able to play HoN at maximum settings for 1920*1080, play other games on medium or high settings, Deus Ex, Dishonored, SC2, etc, run 2-3 screens simultaneously, and run normal desktop applications such as OpenOffice, Spotify etc.

Sound quality is something I really want, so if you guys got any advice regarding a good soundcard with bang for the buck that will fit this build and be superior to the Mobo one, I'm all ears.

PSU: Be Quiet! Straight power E8 430W - http://www.bequiet.com/en/powersupply/248
Chassi: SilverStone Sugo SG09 - http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=345&area=en
Motherboard: FM2A75 Pro4-M - http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A75%20Pro4-M/
CPU: AMD A10 5800K
Discrete GPU: Asus Radeon HD6670 1GB DDR5 - http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/EAH6670DIS1GD5/
CPU cooler: Arctic Freezer A30 - http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/cpu/473/freezer-a30.html?c=2181
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 1866 - http://www.crucial.com/store/ProductMarketing_BallistixTactical.aspx
Storage: 120GB SSD and 2TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD

I have a slim optical drive and a Sata adapter for it.

With this build, is the performance increase from 1866 mhz memory to 2133 mhz worth it in terms of costs, about 10$ more?
Is this cooler good for overclocking with this APU?
Does anyone know if you get a backplate with this motherboard?

Right now I'm at 884 USD, so I still got some 60 dollar to spend if needed.

Thank you for any replies or any feedback I recieve,

/Matt

Honestly with all the frustration im getting with this motherboard, I dont see the point in getting an APU with a dedicated gfx card, specially at 1000$. 

M-ITX PC
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6600k Biostar Z170GTN ITX Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB MSI Gaming X AVEXIR - Core Series 2 x 8gb DDR4 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro Benq xl2411z TT esports meka Silverstone FT03 Mini 
MouseAudio
Func MS-2 Razer man owar 
  hide details  
Reply
M-ITX PC
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6600k Biostar Z170GTN ITX Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB MSI Gaming X AVEXIR - Core Series 2 x 8gb DDR4 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro Benq xl2411z TT esports meka Silverstone FT03 Mini 
MouseAudio
Func MS-2 Razer man owar 
  hide details  
Reply
post #660 of 774
double post.

Edited by T0mat3 - 2/7/13 at 3:01pm
M-ITX PC
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6600k Biostar Z170GTN ITX Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB MSI Gaming X AVEXIR - Core Series 2 x 8gb DDR4 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro Benq xl2411z TT esports meka Silverstone FT03 Mini 
MouseAudio
Func MS-2 Razer man owar 
  hide details  
Reply
M-ITX PC
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6600k Biostar Z170GTN ITX Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB MSI Gaming X AVEXIR - Core Series 2 x 8gb DDR4 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro Benq xl2411z TT esports meka Silverstone FT03 Mini 
MouseAudio
Func MS-2 Razer man owar 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [TRINITY APU] AMD Socket FM2 - Motherboard Discussion & Gallery