Ok, now that I've played around configuring my Merlin SM8 in the CaseLabs cart, studied all the pieces of the puzzle, I fracking love the SM8... It's better than the STH10!! Yeah, I said it!! This will be my next case for sure now.
Things I like vs the STH10: The pedestal can go on top or bottom, the added pedestal flex bay and rear fan mount, the flex bays look more awesome centered, the accessory bar mounts can go vertical or horizontal (just like "The Outer Limits"), it's just the right mobo size (E-ATX, no wasteful XL-ATX or HPTX trays), and the price is slightly cheaper to boot - though I'm already pushing that back up to STH10 levels in my shopping cart. No matter, it's more about the total package and it's just right. The STH10 was a bit bloated unnecessarily.
I'm left with a few questions though...
1. Where is the SM8 pedestal side mounted rad mount bracket? Will it make the launch?
2. Tell me more about that 12 drive HDD mount!!
3. If I get the $10 vented flex bay covers option, will they mount fans or no?
4. If I use a Blu-Ray burner and a fan controller, that leaves me just enough room for the 360 flex bay rad mount, will I have room for the inlets/outlets on the bottom?
5. When I put the pedestal on top, can the normal vented top just go on top of that?? I imagine that's the design there... No issues mounting the pedestal on top if I get the drop in mount option right??
6. I noted the fan mount on the rear pedestal is 140mm ... Please say you are making a 120mm fan adapter plate...!!
7. Can I fit rads and flex bay equipment in the pedestal at the same time??
8. Can u install the HD Casters?
9. Did u change the side door handle design from the STH10???
10. What does the vented mobo option on the cable door side look like exactly?? Is that the two strip of vents like I saw in the early prototype pics or are they bigger than that???
11. Will u be making round fan hole cover plates and round loop tubing pass threw plates??
Edit: looks like it does come with the round cover plates. Still need some tube pase threw plates... And make a dual holes option... Sometimes it's silly to take up another fan mount for a feed and return line. Where other times the return line might be on the other side. So offer both single an dual tubing pass threw plates. Don't forget those lovely grommets!!
12. Will I have trouble ordering in OCT-NOV-DEC timeframe? Please don't sell out!!! Edited by Neo Zuko - 9/10/12 at 8:51pm