Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Other Hardware Mods › Cables and Sleeving › CM Silent Pro Hybrid Sleeving question -
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CM Silent Pro Hybrid Sleeving question - - Page 2

post #11 of 37
Hey remotehugger, which exact model of the Silent Pro Hybrid series have you got?
I'm asking, because I've got the SPH 850W and the pinout is as good as it gets with power supplies on the market.

The removal of the pins wasn't a problem either.

I've posted this already somewhere else, but here's a diagram of how the 24pin should look like:




Please ignore the fact that there are only 22 cables biggrin.gif


//edit: updated the sketch
Edited by Furion92 - 9/8/12 at 3:17pm
post #12 of 37
Thread Starter 
i have the sph850 as well - and getting the pins out turned into a nightmare for me - i even practiced on my ultra x4 750 (which was quite easy) and i just couldnt get it - and if i lay the 24pin out with both ends clip side down, top left orange ends up in top rite on the other side - do you understand what i mean ? i think once sleeved it will be fine but i thought id be able to just go pin for pin like you would with an extension - also, did you just single sleeve the 2 double cables it has ? and what did you do with the empty pin hole ?
post #13 of 37
Thread Starter 
see when you look at your diagram, on my cable if you took that top right red cable, it would end up at the top left at the other end - i will try and post a pic -
post #14 of 37
Thread Starter 
IMG_20120908_163953-1697789182.jpg 1897k .jpg file


the orange wire in the top left ends up on the far right at the other clip next to the 2 yellow wires -
am i making any sense ? lol
post #15 of 37
Thread Starter 
i mean the only thing i think i can do is one wire at a time and just reconnect it the exact way i take it out - i know everything will be twisted but im assuming they are in the order they are in for a reason -
post #16 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by remotehugger View Post

i have the sph850 as well - and getting the pins out turned into a nightmare for me - i even practiced on my ultra x4 750 (which was quite easy) and i just couldnt get it - and if i lay the 24pin out with both ends clip side down, top left orange ends up in top rite on the other side - do you understand what i mean ? i think once sleeved it will be fine but i thought id be able to just go pin for pin like you would with an extension - also, did you just single sleeve the 2 double cables it has ? and what did you do with the empty pin hole ?

Oh I see, the sketch I posted wasn't the most up to date version biggrin.gif
One of the connectors is flipped over, otherwise it would look like you described it.

The double wires are strange with this PSU. They start and end together, you'll know what I mean by looking at it. I've made a full set of custom wires and just replaced the double wires with a single one.
The empty pin hole? Stays empty I guess tongue.gif

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by remotehugger View Post

see when you look at your diagram, on my cable if you took that top right red cable, it would end up at the top left at the other end - i will try and post a pic -

Quote:
Originally Posted by remotehugger View Post

IMG_20120908_163953-1697789182.jpg 1897k .jpg file
the orange wire in the top left ends up on the far right at the other clip next to the 2 yellow wires -
am i making any sense ? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by remotehugger View Post

i mean the only thing i think i can do is one wire at a time and just reconnect it the exact way i take it out - i know everything will be twisted but im assuming they are in the order they are in for a reason -

Yes I know exactly what you mean. But as I said before, if you spin one connector 180° it will be on the same side, but switched the position from top to bottom, or bottom to top.




PS: congratulations on the massive quadruple posting biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif no seriously, I think it's against the rules and you should avoid them wink.gif
post #17 of 37
Thread Starter 
oh crap - sorry about that - i did not know that was a no-no- wont happen again -
and yes, turning it 180 degrees they look the same - but i actually followed a black wire that started 3rd wire over and it ended up in the middle on the other side - not corresponding with where it came from no matter which way i turned or twisted it - actually have found a couple of wires like that - it makes me very nervous about this - lol - but like i said, just gonna do one wire at a time and see where it takes me - thank you for your help and input Furion - and sorry to everyone for the quadruple post - lol -
post #18 of 37
Alright. I've made this (measured values) :



If you compare it to the ATX standard pinout (click me!), you'll find out that the pinout is flipped and mirrored, like I said. I don't know how you followed that black wire confused.gif
post #19 of 37
Thread Starter 
ok -looking at that pic, its exactly what mine looks like, but, if i follow the black wire on the bottom right corner (looking at that pic) to the other side it ends up in the middle (actually directly under the retaining clip) on the other connector - so i dont know what the deal is - and the single red wire (between the black wires on top in the pic) when followed ends up as thebthird red wire next to the empty slot on the other connector - all the wires not red or black or orange follow to the same spot on the opposite connector, man i am so confused - lol - and im probably confusing you, which i dont want to do cuz you are helping me -
post #20 of 37
You're not confusing me, don't worry buddy wink.gif I think I know what's going on thumb.gif

I've measured the voltages and compared the colours as I got my PSU, but I've never actually followed specific cables. It's possible that a black wire (ground) goes to the place of another black wire, same for other colours. As long as the colour (-> voltage) is the same, everything is fine and you can just swap them.

If you want to have a clean pinout it would probably be easiest to depin one side and then plug them in according to the picture of my first reply. I can assure you that I've done it that way and successfully tested the 24pin cable with a PSU tester afterwards..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cables and Sleeving
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Other Hardware Mods › Cables and Sleeving › CM Silent Pro Hybrid Sleeving question -