Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › MSI Z77 Mpower owners club / All things MPower
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MSI Z77 Mpower owners club / All things MPower

post #1 of 3634
Thread Starter 
MSI Z77 Mpower Owners Club









Video of Alex from MSI ( MSIalex )going over the features of the board










Testing / Reviews / Write-Ups

My MPower Testing thread

reflex99's testing thread
MSI Z77 MPower IC Breakdown + fancy chart - by reflex99


Links:

Newegg promo page

Newegg

MPower Avexir memory kits



Software and Drivers

Nelly's software and driver list @ OverclockersUK



BIOS

SOP for flashing BIOS

Current Release: 17.7 (10/9/2012 )

:Notes:


Version 17.7 Release Date 2013-01-31
- Update CPU Micro Code.
- Update ME firmware.
- Improved memory compatibility.

Version 17.6 Release Date 2012-12-19
- Update CPU Micro Code.
- Update onboard Realtek LAN driver.
- Update ME version to v.8.1.20.1336.
- Improved PCI- E display card compatibility.

Version 17.5 Release Date 2012-11-13
- Support GOP detection compatibility.
- Support WinPE.
- Improved memory compatibility.
- Improved gaming keyboard compatibility.

Version 17.4 Release Date 2012-10-09
- Update CPU Micro Code.
- Update ME firmware.
- Improved memory compatibility.

Version 17.3 Release Date 2012-09-14
- Support GOP detection function.
- Improved memory compatibility.

Version 17.1 Release Date 2012-08-20
-New BIOS Release

Review / Test Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel - 4670K ES, 4790K ES, 4790K AMD - A10 7800  Various MSI R9 290X Lightning 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
DDR3/4 kits / modules  Mushkin Chronos 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch S... Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme DICE / LN2 / cascade 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Cooler Master TPC 812 Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Win7 Ultimate 64-bit HP ZR2740w 27" WQHD LED-backlit IPS Monitor wit... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MSI GK-601 mechanical / backlit Cooler Master V1200 Platinum Custom MSI Benchtable Lots of them - I have a problem! 
AudioOther
Fiio E17 Alpen DAC w/ Fiio E09K AMP & HiFiMAN ... Samson mic 
  hide details  
Reply
Review / Test Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel - 4670K ES, 4790K ES, 4790K AMD - A10 7800  Various MSI R9 290X Lightning 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
DDR3/4 kits / modules  Mushkin Chronos 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch S... Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme DICE / LN2 / cascade 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Cooler Master TPC 812 Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Win7 Ultimate 64-bit HP ZR2740w 27" WQHD LED-backlit IPS Monitor wit... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MSI GK-601 mechanical / backlit Cooler Master V1200 Platinum Custom MSI Benchtable Lots of them - I have a problem! 
AudioOther
Fiio E17 Alpen DAC w/ Fiio E09K AMP & HiFiMAN ... Samson mic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 3634
I do believe I was the first consumer to purchase (from newegg)... Therefore~

*will update with pics once ups man delivers biggrin.gif*
Edited by llamaboiz - 9/6/12 at 12:30am
Small kine
(0 items)
  
Reply
Small kine
(0 items)
  
Reply
post #3 of 3634
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamaboiz View Post

I do believe I was the first consumer to purchase (from newegg)... Therefore~
*will update with pics once ups man delivers biggrin.gif*

What are the other components that you are going to run with this board?
Edited by trigger007 - 9/7/12 at 4:56am
i7 930 @ 3.2
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Asus Rampage II Gene Club3D HD5850 Team Xtreme DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Seagate Baracude Stock Samsung BX2450 24" Vantec 550W 
Case
CoolerMaster RC600 
  hide details  
Reply
i7 930 @ 3.2
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Asus Rampage II Gene Club3D HD5850 Team Xtreme DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Seagate Baracude Stock Samsung BX2450 24" Vantec 550W 
Case
CoolerMaster RC600 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 3634
well i bit the bullet and ordered. Have always had nothing but luck with MSI boards, going back to the NF2 days, but realized that for some reason or another, i just haven't owned one in a while and really wanted to give them another shot (despite the non-intel NIC tongue.gif). And to go one step further, decided to pretty much build from the ground up, including a shiny new 680 Lightning smile.gif. Will post pics and benches later next week, probably next weekend until all my planned mods are done and system has been set up to my liking smile.gif
post #5 of 3634
Got mine today, super pleased with it. Having to sell my folding machine and i7 980 rig hurt but this makes it better. I decided to keep my 680 lightning because of this board.

DSC02449.jpg
post #6 of 3634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion49 View Post

Got mine today, super pleased with it. Having to sell my folding machine and i7 980 rig hurt but this makes it better. I decided to keep my 680 lightning because of this board.
DSC02449.jpg

I am jealous dude! I want this board and ram, but it is not available here in SA.

Give some feedback once you have your rig running.
i7 930 @ 3.2
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Asus Rampage II Gene Club3D HD5850 Team Xtreme DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Seagate Baracude Stock Samsung BX2450 24" Vantec 550W 
Case
CoolerMaster RC600 
  hide details  
Reply
i7 930 @ 3.2
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Asus Rampage II Gene Club3D HD5850 Team Xtreme DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Seagate Baracude Stock Samsung BX2450 24" Vantec 550W 
Case
CoolerMaster RC600 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 3634
Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger007 View Post

I am jealous dude! I want this board and ram, but it is not available here in SA.
Give some feedback once you have your rig running.


Well, I played with it for a while last night. So far, this is one of the best boards I have ever used (and thats saying something, I have 5 high end boards in my house right now). This thing overclocks like a dream. For me, this is round 2 with an i5 3570k, I had one a few months ago and sold it because I was getting disappointing overclocks and it was terribly unstable on the Asus board I had (P8Z77-i Deluxe, also tried an ASRock board that up and died on me). I was able to dial this 3570k in at the 4.6ghz I wanted at 1.195v in about 5 minutes and stress tested it for a few hours without a single crash.

The BIOS is a little weird for me, somehow it seems to be at a lower resolution than the last MSI board I used (X79MA-GD45) so its really hard to navigate, although I think that has to do with my catleap only accepting 16:9 inputs from the GPU, it might be scaling it to fit somehow.

It is very quick and responsive, coming from a Rampage III extreme daily driver machine the native SATA III you can really feel a difference in, especially on boot up. Cold boot takes this board like 3.5 seconds compared to the other machine that putzed around for nearly 5 minutes initializing all of its controllers and stuff.

Another REALLY nifty feature I've noticed is the debug LED displays CPU temperature as soon as its POST loop is done, I have never seen this before and it is an excellent feature because I can just glance over and see the temp while gaming or whatever. I haven't really had time to do any kind of benchmarks with it but these are just my initial impressions. I'm extremely happy with it for the price, I had to buy something reasonable since I was putting everything on my credit card.
post #8 of 3634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion49 View Post

Well, I played with it for a while last night. So far, this is one of the best boards I have ever used (and thats saying something, I have 5 high end boards in my house right now). This thing overclocks like a dream. For me, this is round 2 with an i5 3570k, I had one a few months ago and sold it because I was getting disappointing overclocks and it was terribly unstable on the Asus board I had (P8Z77-i Deluxe, also tried an ASRock board that up and died on me). I was able to dial this 3570k in at the 4.6ghz I wanted at 1.195v in about 5 minutes and stress tested it for a few hours without a single crash.
The BIOS is a little weird for me, somehow it seems to be at a lower resolution than the last MSI board I used (X79MA-GD45) so its really hard to navigate, although I think that has to do with my catleap only accepting 16:9 inputs from the GPU, it might be scaling it to fit somehow.
It is very quick and responsive, coming from a Rampage III extreme daily driver machine the native SATA III you can really feel a difference in, especially on boot up. Cold boot takes this board like 3.5 seconds compared to the other machine that putzed around for nearly 5 minutes initializing all of its controllers and stuff.
Another REALLY nifty feature I've noticed is the debug LED displays CPU temperature as soon as its POST loop is done, I have never seen this before and it is an excellent feature because I can just glance over and see the temp while gaming or whatever. I haven't really had time to do any kind of benchmarks with it but these are just my initial impressions. I'm extremely happy with it for the price, I had to buy something reasonable since I was putting everything on my credit card.

Awesome! Would you recommend the 3570K or 3770K for this board?
i7 930 @ 3.2
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Asus Rampage II Gene Club3D HD5850 Team Xtreme DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Seagate Baracude Stock Samsung BX2450 24" Vantec 550W 
Case
CoolerMaster RC600 
  hide details  
Reply
i7 930 @ 3.2
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Asus Rampage II Gene Club3D HD5850 Team Xtreme DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Seagate Baracude Stock Samsung BX2450 24" Vantec 550W 
Case
CoolerMaster RC600 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 3634
Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger007 View Post

Awesome! Would you recommend the 3570K or 3770K for this board?

It depends, straight gaming and light use - 3570K. If you're doing encoding, video editing, productivity types of stuff the 3770k may be worth the extra $110 to you. I only use it for internet and games, so it wasn't worth the extra cash to me.
post #10 of 3634
Thread Starter 
Scorpion - can we get a picture of the setup? I have yet to see all three cased together
Review / Test Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel - 4670K ES, 4790K ES, 4790K AMD - A10 7800  Various MSI R9 290X Lightning 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
DDR3/4 kits / modules  Mushkin Chronos 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch S... Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme DICE / LN2 / cascade 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Cooler Master TPC 812 Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Win7 Ultimate 64-bit HP ZR2740w 27" WQHD LED-backlit IPS Monitor wit... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MSI GK-601 mechanical / backlit Cooler Master V1200 Platinum Custom MSI Benchtable Lots of them - I have a problem! 
AudioOther
Fiio E17 Alpen DAC w/ Fiio E09K AMP & HiFiMAN ... Samson mic 
  hide details  
Reply
Review / Test Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel - 4670K ES, 4790K ES, 4790K AMD - A10 7800  Various MSI R9 290X Lightning 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
DDR3/4 kits / modules  Mushkin Chronos 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch S... Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme DICE / LN2 / cascade 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Cooler Master TPC 812 Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Win7 Ultimate 64-bit HP ZR2740w 27" WQHD LED-backlit IPS Monitor wit... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MSI GK-601 mechanical / backlit Cooler Master V1200 Platinum Custom MSI Benchtable Lots of them - I have a problem! 
AudioOther
Fiio E17 Alpen DAC w/ Fiio E09K AMP & HiFiMAN ... Samson mic 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › MSI Z77 Mpower owners club / All things MPower