Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › MSI Z77 Mpower owners club / All things MPower
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MSI Z77 Mpower owners club / All things MPower - Page 186

post #1851 of 3634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Jabroo View Post

I'm having a similar issue with the Intel Rapid Storage driver (the latest one on MSI's website -- version 11.5.4.1001) labeling my new Samsung 840 Pro as a SCSI drive. Not sure if it affects performance or not, but I ended up reverting back to the default Microsoft driver. I don't seem to have low write speeds like you do, but I'd like to get as much performance out of my new drive as possible.

Anyone know if the Intel driver is supposed to increase speeds by that much if I'm just using a single SSD with my OS installed on it? I went to go download the latest version from Intel's site, but it said I needed to have already installed an F6 BIOS setting or something, so I didn't bother.

I also uninstalled the Intel RST drivers because of freezing problems with my Crucial SSD drive, speeds were the same without the Intel drivers for me. Boot time is super fast so i don't think you will notice any performance difference.
post #1852 of 3634
I'd love to see the event viewer for some of these "prime stable" overclocks because I'm under the impression that prime doesn't really report errors. Certainly not as frequently as event viewer does.

I got 4.4Ghz on my 3570k @ 1.25 Vcore, PLL auto, Vdroop 100% and that's zero parity errors in the event viewer.

Tried 4.5Ghz and event viewer is still spitting out WHEA parity errors all the way up to 1.3V and is likely to continue doing so for quite a while based on the voltage-to-performance-to-error ratio, after which I imagine temps will be a big problem.

I mean, I can boot 4.5 at about 1.26 volts but there's no way that's a stable overclock that will be trouble-free even though prime will probably report zero errors.

4.4 will have to do though. I don't want an overclock that benches fine but then crashes randomly when I least expect it because the processor is having parity issues which (for the most part) go unnoticed.
post #1853 of 3634
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor46 View Post

I'd love to see the event viewer for some of these "prime stable" overclocks because I'm under the impression that prime doesn't really report errors. Certainly not as frequently as event viewer does.

I got 4.4Ghz on my 3570k @ 1.25 Vcore, PLL auto, Vdroop 100% and that's zero parity errors in the event viewer.

Tried 4.5Ghz and event viewer is still spitting out WHEA parity errors all the way up to 1.3V and is likely to continue doing so for quite a while based on the voltage-to-performance-to-error ratio, after which I imagine temps will be a big problem.

I mean, I can boot 4.5 at about 1.26 volts but there's no way that's a stable overclock that will be trouble-free even though prime will probably report zero errors.

4.4 will have to do though. I don't want an overclock that benches fine but then crashes randomly when I least expect it because the processor is having parity issues which (for the most part) go unnoticed.

+1

For a fully stable 4.5 here I need 1.2950 CPU V........ oh and thats no whea errors
we must both have "bad" chips
Edited by Tyreman - 1/22/13 at 7:07am
post #1854 of 3634
Reason using BCLK- OC is to find the max. limit of my Ram speed. of stability.
I "am new with OC.
CPU -OC is not difficult, using in combination with BCLK- OC is for me a challenge.

One of the reason for me is, to know if this board made for OC.
My answer is yes, i liked this board.

Everything is good so far with no problems
I already bump my i7 3770K on 5Ghz.
At this moment i use Ram from 2133Mhz, at OC my speed is around 2254Mhz with standard Voltage.

For me is Stability important and temperature.
post #1855 of 3634
Out of interest. Once I'm happy with my overclock being stable at my chosen Vcore, I want to try to reduce PLL to lower the temps a bit if possible.

What sort of errors will I get in event viewer once PLL starts to get too low? or will the machine just crash?
post #1856 of 3634
Hey guys, I've searched the thread and I haven't been able to find the answer to my question. I have 2 Nvidia 680s with triple slot coolers installed and an Intel 3770k. Would I be able to run SLI using the top and bottom PCI-e slots, or would I only be able to do SLI using the top and middle slots?
post #1857 of 3634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriamjh View Post

Hey guys, I've searched the thread and I haven't been able to find the answer to my question. I have 2 Nvidia 680s with triple slot coolers installed and an Intel 3770k. Would I be able to run SLI using the top and bottom PCI-e slots, or would I only be able to do SLI using the top and middle slots?

I know that this board specifies that you should insert the GFX cards into slots 2 and 5 (which is the upper two PCI-e 16x slots.) and I assume this is specified for a reason rather than arbitrarily.

I suspect that it has to be the upper 2 PCI-e 16x slots because of the way the manual pictures their speed in various configs as if it's a population rule, a bit like the RAM slots. The slots run, 16,0,0 or 8,8,0 or 8,4,4.

If that's the case, the cards might work in the top and bottom 16x slots, but I bet the bottom one will run at 4x (if that's enough to run it at all??) That bottom card would be a bit suffocated wouldn't it? I'd imagine it would be right over the PSU?
post #1858 of 3634
It would be over the PSU but there is enough room space for the card to get sufficient air.
post #1859 of 3634
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor46 View Post

Out of interest. Once I'm happy with my overclock being stable at my chosen Vcore, I want to try to reduce PLL to lower the temps a bit if possible.

What sort of errors will I get in event viewer once PLL starts to get too low? or will the machine just crash?


I found the lowest PLL I could go is 1.550v and current with manual CPU voltage

PLL with Auto CPU voltage was 1.700v
post #1860 of 3634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyreman View Post

I found the lowest PLL I could go is 1.550v and current with manual CPU voltage

Auto CPU voltage was 1.700v

My PLL is doing 1.8V on auto It seems. I'll try lowering it a bit manually.

What sort of errors do you get when you lower PLL too much? BSOD? WHEA errors?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › MSI Z77 Mpower owners club / All things MPower