Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › MSI Z77 Mpower owners club / All things MPower
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MSI Z77 Mpower owners club / All things MPower - Page 242

post #2411 of 3634
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukkerz View Post

No external HDD. Rebooted and now its back to the original A0/AD. May try a fresh Windows 7 install. I am also running into a problem when I open MSI contoller. Says replace the ME version.

The same happens here.

Also, yesterday was using the PC, appeared out of nowhere and caught error 55. I had to disconnect, remove and put back memories, alternating between the slot's to make it work. That is disappointing. I'm using bios 7.17

Is there any beta bios 7.17 after that I can try?

This motherboard with windows 8 is disappointing (usb3).
post #2412 of 3634
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL3P20 View Post

 well if you changed CPU's in a previously working mobo.. I would tear it down and check out the socket area.. maybe you got a small piece of debris in the pins and didnt notice? Cant say I have ever heard of a CPU being DOA..  I would definitely give the hardware a good once over from the start if necessary.

Processor and board were new in box, I reinstalled the processor already and I didnt see anything, pins looked ok
post #2413 of 3634
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZicaGuy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukkerz View Post

No external HDD. Rebooted and now its back to the original A0/AD. May try a fresh Windows 7 install. I am also running into a problem when I open MSI contoller. Says replace the ME version.

The same happens here.

Also, yesterday was using the PC, appeared out of nowhere and caught error 55. I had to disconnect, remove and put back memories, alternating between the slot's to make it work. That is disappointing. I'm using bios 7.17

Is there any beta bios 7.17 after that I can try?

This motherboard with windows 8 is disappointing (usb3).

 

'55' is RAM stability issue..  try loosening your tRCD by 1x notch and see if your error returns.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramabeats View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL3P20 View Post

 well if you changed CPU's in a previously working mobo.. I would tear it down and check out the socket area.. maybe you got a small piece of debris in the pins and didnt notice? Cant say I have ever heard of a CPU being DOA..  I would definitely give the hardware a good once over from the start if necessary.

Processor and board were new in box, I reinstalled the processor already and I didnt see anything, pins looked ok

 

 Very strange indeed.. you try the other "usual" things.. like swapping RAM slots etc? Have another board to test the CPU in?

post #2414 of 3634
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL3P20 View Post

'55' is RAM stability issue..  try loosening your tRCD by 1x notch and see if your error returns.


 Very strange indeed.. you try the other "usual" things.. like swapping RAM slots etc? Have another board to test the CPU in?
also check that all plugs from your power supply are fully pushed in and that you did not accidently install any extra motherboard standoffs which coild contact and short the mobo...oh and uh make sure you plugged in the cpu power in the top left corner of the board.
White Monolith
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5 4690k Asus Hero VII Asus GTX 970 Strix Asus GTX 970 Strix 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
EVGA WD Green 3TB Asus DVDR Cooler Master Evo 212 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Samsung UHD 48JU6400 Logitech K800 Wireless EVGA Supernova 750 G2 
CaseMouse
NZXT Switch 810 Logitech G602 Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
White Monolith
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5 4690k Asus Hero VII Asus GTX 970 Strix Asus GTX 970 Strix 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
EVGA WD Green 3TB Asus DVDR Cooler Master Evo 212 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Samsung UHD 48JU6400 Logitech K800 Wireless EVGA Supernova 750 G2 
CaseMouse
NZXT Switch 810 Logitech G602 Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2415 of 3634
tried the power supply in another system and it has failed.. only 1 week old. Anyway I'm at 4.5ghz on my 3570k at 1.285 volts and its stuck at 4.5ghz (it wont idle down. I tried those settings a few pages back but it won't even boot with the auto voltage and Primary Plane Current Limit (A) only lets me set it to 255
post #2416 of 3634
Hey
I have a Mpower whit i5 3570k and i have some questions (sry my english )

1. anyone playing Guild Wars 2 because wen i play and i have 4,7 GHz then the game crash . i dont no what is the prolem my O.C. or the Game

2. Overcloking the I5 3570K on 4,5 GHz 1.35V --- 4.6GHz 1.42V --- 4.7GHz 1.47V why i must have so mutch Voltage for a high stable O.C. ? or im dooing something wrong ?

3. what is CPU IO - CPU SA - CPU PLL ? do i need change them for a high O.C. ?

4. my target is 4.8 Ghz Stable and i thing i need more then just set more voltage/core raito .

thx 4 reading

PC
post #2417 of 3634
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramabeats View Post

tried the power supply in another system and it has failed.. only 1 week old. Anyway I'm at 4.5ghz on my 3570k at 1.285 volts and its stuck at 4.5ghz (it wont idle down. I tried those settings a few pages back but it won't even boot with the auto voltage and Primary Plane Current Limit (A) only lets me set it to 255

 

 I have issues with EIST working properly as well sometimes.. seems as soon as I adjust the multi options in the CPU power options tab it stops scaling down.. so long as from a a full cmos clear -> i only move multi on the main BIOS page i do get scaling down to 1600mhz..

 

**Glad to hear the boards OK.. sorry about your PSU :o

post #2418 of 3634
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL3P20 View Post

 I have issues with EIST working properly as well sometimes.. seems as soon as I adjust the multi options in the CPU power options tab it stops scaling down.. so long as from a a full cmos clear -> i only move multi on the main BIOS page i do get scaling down to 1600mhz..

**Glad to hear the boards OK.. sorry about your PSU redface.gif
So clear cmos and reenter my settings and don't use click bios in windows? Also I tried to lower my voltage but its not working, is there something else I need to change?
Edited by dramabeats - 3/27/13 at 10:56am
post #2419 of 3634
hey.

i'm having problems with my mpower rebooring every 10 seconds. i haven't installed any OS yet because of it.

it's not the powersupply since it doesn't turn off at the same time, it's the fans and then the system a second later.

what's wrong?
post #2420 of 3634
www.overclock.net/t/1375786/last-week-at-msi-usa/

Just FYI, this week is my last week at MSI USA... I think the admin will shut off my account (or something to that effect) end of this week.

It's been fun guys!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Extreme X6800 NVIDIA reference 790i Ultra NVIDIA GeForce GTX280 4GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Raptor 150GB XP SP3 Dell 2407WFP Logitech 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec P180 Logitech MX518 Ikea desk 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Extreme X6800 NVIDIA reference 790i Ultra NVIDIA GeForce GTX280 4GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Raptor 150GB XP SP3 Dell 2407WFP Logitech 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec P180 Logitech MX518 Ikea desk 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › MSI Z77 Mpower owners club / All things MPower