Originally Posted by JBizz
Wait whats wrong with OC Genie 2? Since once you overclock your cpu doesn't throttle down anymore.. I was thinking to use the oc Genie for games. Or did i miss a setting about overclocking? Is it always on full?
I did a "turbo overclock" rather than a 24/7 overclock so that my cpu throttles down and stays cool at idle and during less stressful situations. I did this for my I5-3570K without OC Genie. This is the method I used in MSI Z77 Mpower bios.
1. Click on Overclocking Settings
2. Scroll all the way down and click on CPU Features
3. Scroll down to the bottom of that and change the Core Ratio Limits
to whatever you like. (I put mine at 44 for all 4 cores by typing it in with the number pad)
4. Back up one page and click on Hybrid Digital Power
5. At the very top I changed CPU Core Vdroop Offset Control
to +100% (depending on your chip and your overclock you may not have to do 100)
Here's a video of what I did.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idpv7N0DfY4
Thanks to Andre Vautour for providing this!
Edit: To test this you can open CPU-Z and run Prime95 or Intel Burn Test and watch everything throttle up.
Exit Prime95 or Intel Burn Test or whatever stress test program you choose to use and watch everything throttle back down.Edited by Pimphare - 11/27/13 at 6:57am