Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › MSI Z77 Mpower owners club / All things MPower
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MSI Z77 Mpower owners club / All things MPower - Page 41

post #401 of 3633
Board arrived unscathed. Looking forward to messing with it this weekend.
Dave
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k MSI Mpower MSI 560Ti TF2 2x4g Samsung 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M4 WD W8 Pro Dell 24" 
PowerCase
Seasonic x750 CM Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
Dave
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k MSI Mpower MSI 560Ti TF2 2x4g Samsung 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M4 WD W8 Pro Dell 24" 
PowerCase
Seasonic x750 CM Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #402 of 3633
Thread Starter 
I have been working on my 32m tweaking and so far I am gaining a second or so but a few off pace from CL3P20 and FTW. I am a 3D guy and I am a brute force guy, I will make it go fast - without fear of damage lol... very few dead things I have had so I must do something right smile.gif
Review / Test Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel - 4670K ES, 4790K ES, 4790K AMD - A10 7800  Various MSI R9 290X Lightning 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
DDR3/4 kits / modules  Mushkin Chronos 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch S... Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme DICE / LN2 / cascade 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Cooler Master TPC 812 Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Win7 Ultimate 64-bit HP ZR2740w 27" WQHD LED-backlit IPS Monitor wit... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MSI GK-601 mechanical / backlit Cooler Master V1200 Platinum Custom MSI Benchtable Lots of them - I have a problem! 
AudioOther
Fiio E17 Alpen DAC w/ Fiio E09K AMP & HiFiMAN ... Samson mic 
  hide details  
Reply
Review / Test Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel - 4670K ES, 4790K ES, 4790K AMD - A10 7800  Various MSI R9 290X Lightning 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
DDR3/4 kits / modules  Mushkin Chronos 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch S... Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme DICE / LN2 / cascade 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Cooler Master TPC 812 Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Win7 Ultimate 64-bit HP ZR2740w 27" WQHD LED-backlit IPS Monitor wit... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MSI GK-601 mechanical / backlit Cooler Master V1200 Platinum Custom MSI Benchtable Lots of them - I have a problem! 
AudioOther
Fiio E17 Alpen DAC w/ Fiio E09K AMP & HiFiMAN ... Samson mic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #403 of 3633
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoat Eater View Post

I have been working on my 32m tweaking and so far I am gaining a second or so but a few off pace from CL3P20 and FTW. I am a 3D guy and I am a brute force guy, I will make it go fast - without fear of damage lol... very few dead things I have had so I must do something right smile.gif

 

 A real "if it dont fit force it" kind of a guy biggrin.gif. I dig it. If the hardware does not respond to more volts.. then it responds more cold first!! .. And if not.. its "bad" hardware.. and gets sold. I use the "Scare it with solder" style myself. rolleyes.gif

post #404 of 3633
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL3P20 View Post

 A real "if it dont fit force it" kind of a guy biggrin.gif . I dig it. If the hardware does not respond to more volts.. then it responds more cold first!! .. And if not.. its "bad" hardware.. and gets sold. I use the "Scare it with solder" style myself. rolleyes.gif
My volts are HigH and my timings are LoW... LOL.. Selling, funny you say that - I dare you to search for all my sales and sales threads LOL - I look back and I shudder to tally up everything LOL redface.gif
Review / Test Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel - 4670K ES, 4790K ES, 4790K AMD - A10 7800  Various MSI R9 290X Lightning 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
DDR3/4 kits / modules  Mushkin Chronos 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch S... Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme DICE / LN2 / cascade 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Cooler Master TPC 812 Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Win7 Ultimate 64-bit HP ZR2740w 27" WQHD LED-backlit IPS Monitor wit... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MSI GK-601 mechanical / backlit Cooler Master V1200 Platinum Custom MSI Benchtable Lots of them - I have a problem! 
AudioOther
Fiio E17 Alpen DAC w/ Fiio E09K AMP & HiFiMAN ... Samson mic 
  hide details  
Reply
Review / Test Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel - 4670K ES, 4790K ES, 4790K AMD - A10 7800  Various MSI R9 290X Lightning 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
DDR3/4 kits / modules  Mushkin Chronos 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch S... Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme DICE / LN2 / cascade 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Cooler Master TPC 812 Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Win7 Ultimate 64-bit HP ZR2740w 27" WQHD LED-backlit IPS Monitor wit... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MSI GK-601 mechanical / backlit Cooler Master V1200 Platinum Custom MSI Benchtable Lots of them - I have a problem! 
AudioOther
Fiio E17 Alpen DAC w/ Fiio E09K AMP & HiFiMAN ... Samson mic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #405 of 3633
I wished I have gone with a 2700k or a 3770k instead my 2500k. It is no fun. LOL IMO
post #406 of 3633
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoat Eater View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL3P20 View Post

 A real "if it dont fit force it" kind of a guy biggrin.gif . I dig it. If the hardware does not respond to more volts.. then it responds more cold first!! .. And if not.. its "bad" hardware.. and gets sold. I use the "Scare it with solder" style myself. rolleyes.gif
My volts are HigH and my timings are LoW... LOL.. Selling, funny you say that - I dare you to search for all my sales and sales threads LOL - I look back and I shudder to tally up everything LOL redface.gif

 

 I know.. I bought a thermo and some K probes off of one of them a while back. yessir.gif

post #407 of 3633
I have been reading this thread religiously since I found it a few days ago and I am very interested in getting this motherboard. I am not much of an overclocker and besides my 3570k has peaked at 4.7 stable for 10hours prime95, so I won't be doing any major overclocking. What i'd like to ask this community is, how is the gaming performance? I'll be mostly gaming so the answer is very important to me. I've tried finding some reviews and statistics but really haven't found anything i'd like to believe due to the variance in reviewers. So I'd like to get opinions from those that use the board.

I'll be switching to MSI due to me terrible experience with gigabyte ( 6 store returns in one day for a board that worked 99fxa-ud7) and currently Asus ( 2 Sabertooth, one was my fault, failed PCI so no sli, and 2 CUII gpus that DOAd in 5 months of purchase)..I'm hoping that MSI will treat me well with this board. from wht I've been reading everyone is happy with the quality and the over all functionality.

One of my concerns though is the lack of "offset" voltage control. From my experience with my current board, the accuracy isn't always right..as in: if I set it to 1.28v, under load it will reach up to 1.30v. Now, I am not a pro so my understanding of how it all works is limited and to be honest I have no idea what the benefits of having the offset setting is.

I will probablly be picking up this board on friday morning unless someone tells me that this isn't the best for gaming, then I'll have to hit the drawing board again. I am torn between this board and the Asrock Extreme6..most likely will be getting this one though.
Intel Sys
(17 items)
 
My Sniper
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 3570k MSI MPower EVGA 670 FTW Patriot Extreme Performance Enhanced Latency Ki... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 120g LG BlueRay burner Apogee HD/DangerDen RAD res, 2x Swiftech rads, ... W7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x LG 32' SteelSeries Merc Gaming Board OCZ 850watt CM Storm Trooper 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Razer Naga Razer Vesputa Pioneer Amp NZXT Hue 
Other
Syth Kaze Master Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8150 Gigabyte 990fxa UD-7 Asus GTX570/ sli Corsair Vengence  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility3  WD Caviar Black x2 WD Caviar Green LG Blue-Ray 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100 W7 64 32" LG and 32" Vizio Merc z-board 
PowerCaseMouse
Ultra 1000w CM Sniper Razor Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel Sys
(17 items)
 
My Sniper
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 3570k MSI MPower EVGA 670 FTW Patriot Extreme Performance Enhanced Latency Ki... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 120g LG BlueRay burner Apogee HD/DangerDen RAD res, 2x Swiftech rads, ... W7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x LG 32' SteelSeries Merc Gaming Board OCZ 850watt CM Storm Trooper 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Razer Naga Razer Vesputa Pioneer Amp NZXT Hue 
Other
Syth Kaze Master Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8150 Gigabyte 990fxa UD-7 Asus GTX570/ sli Corsair Vengence  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility3  WD Caviar Black x2 WD Caviar Green LG Blue-Ray 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100 W7 64 32" LG and 32" Vizio Merc z-board 
PowerCaseMouse
Ultra 1000w CM Sniper Razor Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
post #408 of 3633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blatsz32 View Post

...What i'd like to ask this community is, how is the gaming performance? I'll be mostly gaming so the answer is very important to me...

I'm sure you know, the gaming performance is based on the 'whole' computer and not just a motherboard, crappy cpu/crappy ram/crappy vidcard in ANY motherboard will give you crappy gaming~

For me my main purpose was gaming, i7 3770k/32gb 2400 ram (only 16 is recognized by win7 thou mad.gif)/msi gtx660ti PE/240gb ssd = i run borderlands 2 4xaa/8xaf everything at highest setting AND~ its freaking awesome, ZERO slowdowns. TF2 is awesome 150fps in 32ppl sever 2fort on the middle of the bridge, D3 on that a3 bridge run NO STUTTERS AT ALL... A computer is the sum of its parts.
Edited by llamaboiz - 10/16/12 at 11:19pm
Small kine
(0 items)
  
Reply
Small kine
(0 items)
  
Reply
post #409 of 3633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blatsz32 View Post

I have been reading this thread religiously since I found it a few days ago and I am very interested in getting this motherboard. I am not much of an overclocker and besides my 3570k has peaked at 4.7 stable for 10hours prime95, so I won't be doing any major overclocking. What i'd like to ask this community is, how is the gaming performance? I'll be mostly gaming so the answer is very important to me. I've tried finding some reviews and statistics but really haven't found anything i'd like to believe due to the variance in reviewers. So I'd like to get opinions from those that use the board.
I'll be switching to MSI due to me terrible experience with gigabyte ( 6 store returns in one day for a board that worked 99fxa-ud7) and currently Asus ( 2 Sabertooth, one was my fault, failed PCI so no sli, and 2 CUII gpus that DOAd in 5 months of purchase)..I'm hoping that MSI will treat me well with this board. from wht I've been reading everyone is happy with the quality and the over all functionality.
One of my concerns though is the lack of "offset" voltage control. From my experience with my current board, the accuracy isn't always right..as in: if I set it to 1.28v, under load it will reach up to 1.30v. Now, I am not a pro so my understanding of how it all works is limited and to be honest I have no idea what the benefits of having the offset setting is.
I will probablly be picking up this board on friday morning unless someone tells me that this isn't the best for gaming, then I'll have to hit the drawing board again. I am torn between this board and the Asrock Extreme6..most likely will be getting this one though.

I may not be the best to answer this but depending on what else you're putting in, it should run great. I run Diablo3, Skyrim, GTA IV ( with HD mods), Borderlands 2 and many others on full settings without any probllems.
Arc-Power
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K Msi Z77 Mpower Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Windforce OC 2048MB  Corsair Dominator Platnium 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256 GB Corsair H100 Windows 7 Pro 64 Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24" LED  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24" LED  Razer Black Widow Ultimate  Seasonic X650 Gold Fractal Design Arc Midi 
MouseAudio
Logitech g700 Odac->02->Modded T50RP/ Audioengine A2 
  hide details  
Reply
Arc-Power
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K Msi Z77 Mpower Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Windforce OC 2048MB  Corsair Dominator Platnium 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256 GB Corsair H100 Windows 7 Pro 64 Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24" LED  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24" LED  Razer Black Widow Ultimate  Seasonic X650 Gold Fractal Design Arc Midi 
MouseAudio
Logitech g700 Odac->02->Modded T50RP/ Audioengine A2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #410 of 3633
Personally, I feel this is more of an OC board than a gaming board. IMO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › MSI Z77 Mpower owners club / All things MPower