Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › What Air Cooler should I get? Silverstone Tj08-E
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Air Cooler should I get? Silverstone Tj08-E - Page 4

post #31 of 40
Thread Starter 
One thing I am worried about the H60 and H80's is the chance of leaking. If it leaks, that is a HUGE problem. XD
post #32 of 40
A huge problem that get's paid for...
I have an H100 and an H80, have never had a problem. Remounted and moved my H100 a lot and never had a problem... I'd say your chances are slim thumb.gif
The coolers are great, I recommend them. biggrin.gif
post #33 of 40
Look at my sigrig:

Got a PS07B (cousin to the Temjin) and the D14 fits. Look at the Temjin club, there's plenty of people with D14's there
http://www.overclock.net/t/1068487/silverstone-tj08-e-owners-club

Personally I couldn't use fan clips on one side, the fans still stay there so bottom clips are sufficient for me.
post #34 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashFir View Post

Look at my sigrig:
Got a PS07B (cousin to the Temjin) and the D14 fits. Look at the Temjin club, there's plenty of people with D14's there
http://www.overclock.net/t/1068487/silverstone-tj08-e-owners-club
Personally I couldn't use fan clips on one side, the fans still stay there so bottom clips are sufficient for me.

Yeah, I been scouring that thread. XD I found the D14 does fit, but worried about Ram clearance with the Mushkin Blackline.

Also, from that thread , a post:

"The Noctua NH-D14 is one of the better CPU air coolers available today (slightly less effective than the Thermalright Silver Arrow). The Noctua NH-C14 has similar performance, but is likely not as good because the fan does not flow quite as well with the layout of the case.

The NH-D14 is 160mm tall, and the TJ08-E booklet suggests coolers no taller than 165mm. Once installed, there is about 7-12mm of clearance between the top of the NH-D14 and the side panel of the TJ08-E.

When installed, there is about 7mm of space between the NH-D14 and the PCB of a card in the first PCI slot. However, the clips used to mount fans on the NH-D14 stick out about 5mm (with some force, they can be pushed down about 2mm). So there is about 2mm between the PCB of the first PCI slot and the clips on the NH-D14. Be sure to insulate the clips if your first card does not have a backplate."
-slagcoin

Would it touch the Asus card?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai707 View Post

A huge problem that get's paid for...
I have an H100 and an H80, have never had a problem. Remounted and moved my H100 a lot and never had a problem... I'd say your chances are slim thumb.gif
The coolers are great, I recommend them. biggrin.gif

Will read more about them. I read a post about where the parts where replaced. But thought it was a big hassle?
Edited by BluePhoenixHD - 9/14/12 at 5:55pm
post #35 of 40
I can't remember because I haven't seen one of those threads in a while.
After remembering I had my Spire Thermax I really wanted to use it in my TJ08, but maybe it's just the Z77 Sniper M3 that just puts it too close to my 7950's pcb for comfort.
post #36 of 40
Thread Starter 
Samurai,

Do you think the Asus Maximus has more clearance / spaced out more than the Sniper M3?
post #37 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenixHD View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashFir View Post

Look at my sigrig:
Got a PS07B (cousin to the Temjin) and the D14 fits. Look at the Temjin club, there's plenty of people with D14's there
http://www.overclock.net/t/1068487/silverstone-tj08-e-owners-club
Personally I couldn't use fan clips on one side, the fans still stay there so bottom clips are sufficient for me.

Yeah, I been scouring that thread. XD I found the D14 does fit, but worried about Ram clearance with the Mushkin Blackline.

Also, from that thread , a post:

"The Noctua NH-D14 is one of the better CPU air coolers available today (slightly less effective than the Thermalright Silver Arrow). The Noctua NH-C14 has similar performance, but is likely not as good because the fan does not flow quite as well with the layout of the case.

The NH-D14 is 160mm tall, and the TJ08-E booklet suggests coolers no taller than 165mm. Once installed, there is about 7-12mm of clearance between the top of the NH-D14 and the side panel of the TJ08-E.

When installed, there is about 7mm of space between the NH-D14 and the PCB of a card in the first PCI slot. However, the clips used to mount fans on the NH-D14 stick out about 5mm (with some force, they can be pushed down about 2mm). So there is about 2mm between the PCB of the first PCI slot and the clips on the NH-D14. Be sure to insulate the clips if your first card does not have a backplate."
-slagcoin

Would it touch the Asus card?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai707 View Post

A huge problem that get's paid for...
I have an H100 and an H80, have never had a problem. Remounted and moved my H100 a lot and never had a problem... I'd say your chances are slim thumb.gif
The coolers are great, I recommend them. biggrin.gif

Will read more about them. I read a post about where the parts where replaced. But thought it was a big hassle?


Forget ram clearance. Just move the fan up the # of mm that's required.
post #38 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashFir View Post

Forget ram clearance. Just move the fan up the # of mm that's required.
And side cover might not fit.rolleyes.gif

RAM + fan = case clearance.

Case here has 165mm clearance. Fan is 120mm so ram must be less than 45mm tall for fan to fit.

Cooler spec of 160mm tall does not consider front fan + RAM height.
post #39 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenixHD View Post

Samurai,
Do you think the Asus Maximus has more clearance / spaced out more than the Sniper M3?

I've never seen a Maximus in person nor did I measure out the actual distance of my M3 before slapping it in. I can't honestly tell you if it does or not... But like I said. If I put the Thermax in, I would be worried about having the HSF rub against my PCB thinking.gif
(Note: this is also my first mATX board ever)

You could hop into the G1.Sniper owners club and ask around... but I think it's a lot of H80s in the M3s.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1259334/official-gigabyte-g1-sniper-3-m3-owners-thread-club
post #40 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai707 View Post

I've never seen a Maximus in person nor did I measure out the actual distance of my M3 before slapping it in. I can't honestly tell you if it does or not... But like I said. If I put the Thermax in, I would be worried about having the HSF rub against my PCB thinking.gif
(Note: this is also my first mATX board ever)
You could hop into the G1.Sniper owners club and ask around... but I think it's a lot of H80s in the M3s.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1259334/official-gigabyte-g1-sniper-3-m3-owners-thread-club

Yeah, went over to that thread and posted. So far I have seen a lot of Corsair H80's, etc. Hardly any Air Cooling. Seems to me that Hyper 212 Evo might be the best way to go or something.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › What Air Cooler should I get? Silverstone Tj08-E