Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [TPU] BitFenix Unveils Ghost
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TPU] BitFenix Unveils Ghost - Page 3

post #21 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinx76 View Post

This!
I don't understand the point of all the fancy materials to block noise, when you have to get air in and out of the damn case anyway. It's like making a sound proof room in your basement but leaving the door open. rolleyes.gif

It's about sound DAMPENING, not sound PROOFING.

Everything plays a role when dampening sound and vibrations. When I can run my fans at their ful 2k RPM in my "silent" cases and still lnot hear them like I can with my M8 ( same fans, same speed ), then yes they are helping to dampen the sound quite a bit.
post #22 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robilar View Post

It would be nice if Bitfenix made the same effort at revising design flaws in existing products that they do when releasing new ones.
We're open to suggestions.
post #23 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbournex View Post

We're open to suggestions.

Why not go with a bigger version of the prodigy instead of the same old boring black box that is already flooding the market? Would be a nice design to go with. I originally wanted a prodigy until I saw it was only mini itx boards. And to make it different make it as small as you can but still fit an atx board.

Edit: Or even Micro ATX.
Edited by eternal7trance - 9/7/12 at 12:57pm
An Angry Robot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Pro Asus Strix 1070 G Skill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 500gb SSD x 1tb HDD Samsung External Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 Acer Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid (reds) Corsair 750HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Logitech G600 XFX Warpad Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
An Angry Robot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Pro Asus Strix 1070 G Skill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 500gb SSD x 1tb HDD Samsung External Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 Acer Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid (reds) Corsair 750HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Logitech G600 XFX Warpad Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buska103 View Post

Simplicity is fantastic. The PC world needs more

This.
Trinity
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-5800K Biostar Hi-Fi A85W APU Integrated Graphics G.Skill 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 64GB Western Digital WD Blue 500GB Lite-On iHAS124 CD/DVD Burner Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (Pull Configuration) 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit NEC MultiSync LCD1970VX NEC MultiSync LCD1970VX Filco Majestouch Black w/ Cherry MX Blue (JIS l... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX430 NZXT Source 220 Logitech Click! Mouse SteelSeries QcK Mini Diablo III Edition 
AudioAudioOther
Sony SRS-T10PC USB Portable Speaker Realtek Onboard Audio Intel Centrino Desktop Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
Trinity
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-5800K Biostar Hi-Fi A85W APU Integrated Graphics G.Skill 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 64GB Western Digital WD Blue 500GB Lite-On iHAS124 CD/DVD Burner Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (Pull Configuration) 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit NEC MultiSync LCD1970VX NEC MultiSync LCD1970VX Filco Majestouch Black w/ Cherry MX Blue (JIS l... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX430 NZXT Source 220 Logitech Click! Mouse SteelSeries QcK Mini Diablo III Edition 
AudioAudioOther
Sony SRS-T10PC USB Portable Speaker Realtek Onboard Audio Intel Centrino Desktop Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbournex View Post

We're open to suggestions.

I asked about a year ago on the Bitfenix forums about the availability of a mesh or windowed door option for the Bitfenix Survivor. To date no response. I also emailed and asked a similar question. The response was non committal at best.

Bitfenix had a great design concept with the Survivor, competing directly against the NZXT Vulcan, Antec Lanboy and Coolermaster Scout; ie a portable case with a carrying handle. Where the case fails is in airflow and internal temperatures.

I understand that a solid door improves acoustics for a silent case (although the Survivor is tailor made for a gaming case on the go. If someone wants a silent portable case, a mini ITX or even MATX system is more feasible) but a single low pressure intake fan blocked by hard drive cages simply doesn't cut it.

2 easy improvements? cut a hole in the base of the case in front of the power supply for an optional 120mm fan mount. Provide a door with mesh mounts for a variety of fans (ideally the Bitfenix Pro 200mm). One overclocked gpu and cpu in the case in it's stock config and internal temperatures are higher than any other enthusiast case I tried. Add a honking big door fan (200mm because they tend to move more air while being quieter) and you have a niche case, something not easily compared to.

Currently, the NZXT Vulcan is discontinued, the CM Scout has limits in video card length without extensive modding, the LanBoy is more of a showpiece than a functional case. The new Corsair C70 is way overpriced...

It's my opinion that Bitfenix missed the boat on this case and with a couple of simple modifications, would have an very popular box. Just have a look at the Coolermaster Storm Scout thread here at OCN. There are 1000's of posts and 100's of owners (at least).
Murder Box II
(18 items)
 
Home PC
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 8700k Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme Edition G. Skill Trident Z - 32GB/ 3200Hz/CL14/Dual 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB Corsair H100i V2 - w/ML120 Pro Fans  Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Acer Z35P 1440P G-Sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Delux T9 Pro / Logitech K360 EVGA Supernova G2 1000W Corsair 750D Airflow Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Perixx DX-3000LAL Aluminum Sound Blaster Z Logitech Z906 - 5.1 Maxnomic Commander S-III Gaming Chair 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel G3440 Asus B85M-E/CSM EVGA GTX 950 Patriot Viper 3 - 2x8GB 1600hz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung EVO 850 - 500GB + 4TB/3TB x 2/2TB WD Green LG CH12LS28 Bluray Scythe Big Shuriken 2 w/Corsair SP120 Fan Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 75" TV.... GooBang Doo MX3 Corsair CX430 V2 NMEDIAPC HTPC 6000B w/ Pro LCD Module 
Mouse
GooBang Doo MX3 
  hide details  
Reply
Murder Box II
(18 items)
 
Home PC
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 8700k Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme Edition G. Skill Trident Z - 32GB/ 3200Hz/CL14/Dual 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB Corsair H100i V2 - w/ML120 Pro Fans  Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Acer Z35P 1440P G-Sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Delux T9 Pro / Logitech K360 EVGA Supernova G2 1000W Corsair 750D Airflow Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Perixx DX-3000LAL Aluminum Sound Blaster Z Logitech Z906 - 5.1 Maxnomic Commander S-III Gaming Chair 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel G3440 Asus B85M-E/CSM EVGA GTX 950 Patriot Viper 3 - 2x8GB 1600hz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung EVO 850 - 500GB + 4TB/3TB x 2/2TB WD Green LG CH12LS28 Bluray Scythe Big Shuriken 2 w/Corsair SP120 Fan Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 75" TV.... GooBang Doo MX3 Corsair CX430 V2 NMEDIAPC HTPC 6000B w/ Pro LCD Module 
Mouse
GooBang Doo MX3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbournex View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robilar View Post

It would be nice if Bitfenix made the same effort at revising design flaws in existing products that they do when releasing new ones.
We're open to suggestions.

Can we see see an awesome Prodigy-like mATX case?
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6700HQ Nvidia GTX 970m 8GB's Micron DDR4 2133 Samsung PM951 500GB m.2 SSD 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Seagate Firecuda 2TB Windows 10 Enterprise x64 Soundblaster X-Fi 5 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6700HQ Nvidia GTX 970m 8GB's Micron DDR4 2133 Samsung PM951 500GB m.2 SSD 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Seagate Firecuda 2TB Windows 10 Enterprise x64 Soundblaster X-Fi 5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 67
I love the Shinobi and this looks epic too.
Blipper
(20 items)
 
First LEGIT Rig!
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2700K @4.5Ghz (1.32v) Asus Maximus V Extreme Asus Strix GTX 1080 OC Edition Kingston HyperX 8GB 1866 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 8GB 1866 Samsung Evo 840 500GB Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM Western Digital Black 1TB 7200RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
ASUS DRW-24B1ST Corsair H100i Windows 10 Professional Dell Gaming S2716DG 27" 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
BenQ GW2760HS 27" BenQ GW2760HS 27" Ducky Shine II (Red LED,Cherry MX Blue) CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX850  
CaseMouseAudioOther
Corsair 650D Logitech G502 Yamaha R-v703 w/ Yamaha Monitors Obbuto Revolution for Desk/Cockpit 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 P45 Neo-F (MS-7519) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460  Value Ram 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Value Ram  Value Ram Western Digital Blue some DVDRW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair A70 Win 7 Ultimate 64bit Samsung SyncMaster T260 26" Steelseries 6Gv2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec TruePower 550 Haf 912 Razer Lachesis Razer Goliathus 
Audio
Yamaha R-V703 w/ ATH-M50 
  hide details  
Reply
Blipper
(20 items)
 
First LEGIT Rig!
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2700K @4.5Ghz (1.32v) Asus Maximus V Extreme Asus Strix GTX 1080 OC Edition Kingston HyperX 8GB 1866 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 8GB 1866 Samsung Evo 840 500GB Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM Western Digital Black 1TB 7200RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
ASUS DRW-24B1ST Corsair H100i Windows 10 Professional Dell Gaming S2716DG 27" 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
BenQ GW2760HS 27" BenQ GW2760HS 27" Ducky Shine II (Red LED,Cherry MX Blue) CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX850  
CaseMouseAudioOther
Corsair 650D Logitech G502 Yamaha R-v703 w/ Yamaha Monitors Obbuto Revolution for Desk/Cockpit 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 P45 Neo-F (MS-7519) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460  Value Ram 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Value Ram  Value Ram Western Digital Blue some DVDRW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair A70 Win 7 Ultimate 64bit Samsung SyncMaster T260 26" Steelseries 6Gv2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec TruePower 550 Haf 912 Razer Lachesis Razer Goliathus 
Audio
Yamaha R-V703 w/ ATH-M50 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal7trance View Post

Why not go with a bigger version of the prodigy instead of the same old boring black box that is already flooding the market? Would be a nice design to go with. I originally wanted a prodigy until I saw it was only mini itx boards. And to make it different make it as small as you can but still fit an atx board.
Edit: Or even Micro ATX.
Bigger version, with the motherboard in a horizontal position? We've laid it out, and the cube design looks great as a HTPC, but on a desk, it really isn't efficient. You have unlimited space upwards, limited space across your desk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robilar View Post

I asked about a year ago on the Bitfenix forums about the availability of a mesh or windowed door option for the Bitfenix Survivor. To date no response. I also emailed and asked a similar question. The response was non committal at best.
Bitfenix had a great design concept with the Survivor, competing directly against the NZXT Vulcan, Antec Lanboy and Coolermaster Scout; ie a portable case with a carrying handle. Where the case fails is in airflow and internal temperatures.
I understand that a solid door improves acoustics for a silent case (although the Survivor is tailor made for a gaming case on the go. If someone wants a silent portable case, a mini ITX or even MATX system is more feasible) but a single low pressure intake fan blocked by hard drive cages simply doesn't cut it.
2 easy improvements? cut a hole in the base of the case in front of the power supply for an optional 120mm fan mount. Provide a door with mesh mounts for a variety of fans (ideally the Bitfenix Pro 200mm). One overclocked gpu and cpu in the case in it's stock config and internal temperatures are higher than any other enthusiast case I tried. Add a honking big door fan (200mm because they tend to move more air while being quieter) and you have a niche case, something not easily compared to.
Currently, the NZXT Vulcan is discontinued, the CM Scout has limits in video card length without extensive modding, the LanBoy is more of a showpiece than a functional case. The new Corsair C70 is way overpriced...
It's my opinion that Bitfenix missed the boat on this case and with a couple of simple modifications, would have an very popular box. Just have a look at the Coolermaster Storm Scout thread here at OCN. There are 1000's of posts and 100's of owners (at least).
Lets address a few things. Survivor was a great concept that had great design. As the 2nd case that was launched in our line up, some little things were overlooked, but it still remained a great concept.

That being said, we won't be patching it. Adding band-aids solves problems, but at an expense. The time put into fixing, patching, trying to fit things into the same dimensions, could be put into designing a new chassis all together where there are no restrictions. This is where we take suggestions. I'm am 100% certain that your suggestion was looked into and considered by our development team.
With regards to mesh on side panels, increases noise from the turbulence (as said), and is a dust magnet. We've had a poll with the Shinobi XL on whether or not to have fan grills on the window - There was a clear winner from multiple sources. Mesh is in fact worse than acrylic because of it's frail structure resulting in the strength of the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkahuna360 View Post

Can we see see an awesome Prodigy-like mATX case?
Prodigy-like, as in a mATX case that will be just as anticipated? If we did it once, we can do it again.
post #29 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbournex View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkahuna360 View Post

Can we see see an awesome Prodigy-like mATX case?
Prodigy-like, as in a mATX case that will be just as anticipated? If we did it once, we can do it again.

I would love a mATX Prodigy.
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6700HQ Nvidia GTX 970m 8GB's Micron DDR4 2133 Samsung PM951 500GB m.2 SSD 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Seagate Firecuda 2TB Windows 10 Enterprise x64 Soundblaster X-Fi 5 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6700HQ Nvidia GTX 970m 8GB's Micron DDR4 2133 Samsung PM951 500GB m.2 SSD 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Seagate Firecuda 2TB Windows 10 Enterprise x64 Soundblaster X-Fi 5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 67
classy...
BLACK!CE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Z68 Exetreme4 Gen3 MSI 6950 Twin Frozr II 8g 8-9-8 24 1600 
Power
CM 800w Silent Pro Gold 
  hide details  
Reply
BLACK!CE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Z68 Exetreme4 Gen3 MSI 6950 Twin Frozr II 8g 8-9-8 24 1600 
Power
CM 800w Silent Pro Gold 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [TPU] BitFenix Unveils Ghost