Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › 7950 Vapor X Voltage Locked?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

7950 Vapor X Voltage Locked? - Page 70

post #691 of 1056
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy366 View Post

Did what you said and got it at 1200 smile.gif only thing I noticed is that while not a lot (only when you focus on it) you will see some white boxes. I used Cattzilla and sometimes you see that. Don't know if it's normal?

Also while Cattzilla is cool i can't trust the fps score. Sometime I get 12456 and now only 11871, before that 10873 with the same settings.

Also with every benchmark I get the full performance with the MSI monitor. But when I use Furmark it jumps? 1200 then 1050 then back. Might be related to Furmark? Games and 3DMark, Cattzilla don't do this at all smile.gif

You probably need to increase the Power Limit to +20 to stop Furmark from throttling.

Small boxes you are seeing are artifacts. You either need slightly more volts or clock down.

One thing to note - keep watch on your VRM temps. They will most likely be the limit for your daily overclock.
post #692 of 1056
Quote:
Originally Posted by glina View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy366 View Post

Did what you said and got it at 1200 smile.gif only thing I noticed is that while not a lot (only when you focus on it) you will see some white boxes. I used Cattzilla and sometimes you see that. Don't know if it's normal?

Also while Cattzilla is cool i can't trust the fps score. Sometime I get 12456 and now only 11871, before that 10873 with the same settings.

Also with every benchmark I get the full performance with the MSI monitor. But when I use Furmark it jumps? 1200 then 1050 then back. Might be related to Furmark? Games and 3DMark, Cattzilla don't do this at all smile.gif

You probably need to increase the Power Limit to +20 to stop Furmark from throttling.

Small boxes you are seeing are artifacts. You either need slightly more volts or clock down.

One thing to note - keep watch on your VRM temps. They will most likely be the limit for your daily overclock.


Furmark is a driver throttled app for both amd and nvidia cards. Furmark is also a waste of time, why you guys still using it?
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #693 of 1056
Quote:
Originally Posted by glina View Post

Voltage scaling on 7950 is easy :-).

you'll probably get 1200mhz with 1200mv and 1250mhz with 1250mv :-). Some lucky guys get 1300mhz with 1300mv

You coulnd't be more wrong really.

Every card is a invidual, you can't say something works for every card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

Furmark is a driver throttled app for both amd and nvidia cards. Furmark is also a waste of time, why you guys still using it?

This guy is correct, FurMark is just a huge waste of time.
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6600K @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon ASUS Radeon R9 390 (1200/1650) 2x4GB 2666MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128GB Phobya Custom Water Windows 10 QNIX QX2710 @ 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QPAD MK-50, Blue Switches Rosewill TACHYON 650W Xigmatek Elysium G400 
Mouse PadAudio
MSI Gaming Xonar U7 + AKG Q701 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6600K @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon ASUS Radeon R9 390 (1200/1650) 2x4GB 2666MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128GB Phobya Custom Water Windows 10 QNIX QX2710 @ 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QPAD MK-50, Blue Switches Rosewill TACHYON 650W Xigmatek Elysium G400 
Mouse PadAudio
MSI Gaming Xonar U7 + AKG Q701 
  hide details  
Reply
post #694 of 1056
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

Furmark is a driver throttled app for both amd and nvidia cards. Furmark is also a waste of time, why you guys still using it?

No it's not. It's bios throttled if at all.

I can run it at any clocks and any voltage without throttling. It will only throttle when and if the VRM temps reach 110C. And this is also exactly why I use it - to monitor max temps and to set up a custom fan profile that will cool the card adequately in any load situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stige View Post

You coulnd't be more wrong really.

Every card is a invidual, you can't say something works for every card.
This guy is correct, FurMark is just a huge waste of time.

Of course it's a rough estimate but works more often than not.
Edited by glina - 2/7/13 at 11:51am
post #695 of 1056
Ran Furmark for 15min and in the meantime went downstairs. Got back and was still running but didn't notice strange effects on the fur. Ill keep testing more with Cattzilla and 3Dmark . Also going to play Crysis 3 with a friend soon, will check for strange artifacts.
Gaming System
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K Asus P8P67 REV 3.1 Sapphire HD7950 Vapor-X (OC) Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung HD103SJ Samsung HD321KJ Samsung 840 Samsung SH-222AB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80i Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Samsung 2333T Logitech G110 Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX 750W Black Edition CM Storm Enforcer Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Goliathus Speed 
AudioOtherOther
Asus Xonar DG CCFL Caselight (Blue) Cooler Master MegaFlow 200 Blue LED  
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming System
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K Asus P8P67 REV 3.1 Sapphire HD7950 Vapor-X (OC) Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung HD103SJ Samsung HD321KJ Samsung 840 Samsung SH-222AB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80i Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Samsung 2333T Logitech G110 Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX 750W Black Edition CM Storm Enforcer Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Goliathus Speed 
AudioOtherOther
Asus Xonar DG CCFL Caselight (Blue) Cooler Master MegaFlow 200 Blue LED  
  hide details  
Reply
post #696 of 1056
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy366 View Post

Ran Furmark for 15min and in the meantime went downstairs. Got back and was still running but didn't notice strange effects on the fur. Ill keep testing more with Cattzilla and 3Dmark . Also going to play Crysis 3 with a friend soon, will check for strange artifacts.

FurMark is no indication of overclock stability, you can run it at pretty much any clocks without crashing, only real way to test is playing games like BF3, FC3, Crysis, Metro.

Or my favorite: World of Tanks @ Maximum settings, it seriously hits your card harder than any of the above games lol, I actually had to drop down to 1195 from 1200 Core to avoid driver resets in World of Tanks, no other game managed to cause driver resets at 1200 Core :l

Yes, there is no logical way to explain that except horrible game optimization really.
Edited by Stige - 2/7/13 at 11:54am
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6600K @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon ASUS Radeon R9 390 (1200/1650) 2x4GB 2666MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128GB Phobya Custom Water Windows 10 QNIX QX2710 @ 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QPAD MK-50, Blue Switches Rosewill TACHYON 650W Xigmatek Elysium G400 
Mouse PadAudio
MSI Gaming Xonar U7 + AKG Q701 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6600K @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon ASUS Radeon R9 390 (1200/1650) 2x4GB 2666MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128GB Phobya Custom Water Windows 10 QNIX QX2710 @ 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QPAD MK-50, Blue Switches Rosewill TACHYON 650W Xigmatek Elysium G400 
Mouse PadAudio
MSI Gaming Xonar U7 + AKG Q701 
  hide details  
Reply
post #697 of 1056
Quote:
Originally Posted by glina View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

Furmark is a driver throttled app for both amd and nvidia cards. Furmark is also a waste of time, why you guys still using it?

No it's not. It's driver throttled if at all.

I can run it at any clocks and any voltage without throttling. It will only throttle when and if the VRM temps reach 110C. And this is also exactly why I use it - to monitor max temps and to set up a custom fan profile that will cool the card adequately in any load situation.


Furmark throttling is old as dirt. You must be new at this?
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #698 of 1056
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

Furmark throttling is old as dirt. You must be new at this?

No I'm not. You're simply mistaken and trust me, I know when and if my card throttles.
post #699 of 1056
Just ran Crysis 3 and noticed some white artifacts. Going to down-clock to 1190 or increase the voltage? it's at 1201 atm.
Gaming System
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K Asus P8P67 REV 3.1 Sapphire HD7950 Vapor-X (OC) Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung HD103SJ Samsung HD321KJ Samsung 840 Samsung SH-222AB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80i Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Samsung 2333T Logitech G110 Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX 750W Black Edition CM Storm Enforcer Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Goliathus Speed 
AudioOtherOther
Asus Xonar DG CCFL Caselight (Blue) Cooler Master MegaFlow 200 Blue LED  
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming System
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K Asus P8P67 REV 3.1 Sapphire HD7950 Vapor-X (OC) Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung HD103SJ Samsung HD321KJ Samsung 840 Samsung SH-222AB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80i Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Samsung 2333T Logitech G110 Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX 750W Black Edition CM Storm Enforcer Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Goliathus Speed 
AudioOtherOther
Asus Xonar DG CCFL Caselight (Blue) Cooler Master MegaFlow 200 Blue LED  
  hide details  
Reply
post #700 of 1056
Quote:
Originally Posted by glina View Post

No I'm not. You're simply mistaken and trust me, I know when and if my card throttles.

Yep, furmark does NOT have to cause throttling. It doesnt for me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › 7950 Vapor X Voltage Locked?