Well thanks to Hurricane Sandy, I had school off today so I got a lot done last night. For starters, I received new RAM in the mail from NewEgg. I was lucky enough to jump early on a great deal: 16GB of Patriot Viper 1600Mhz for $51 shipped. I was going to paint the heatsinks brown or OD green, however I think the sticks are really hot in the gloss black they come in and do fit with the rest of the motherboard.
After installing it and going through some issues with MemOK on my motherboard, I was able to get the RAM to boot. I ran Memtest86 at 1333Mhz for 7 passes. I'll worry about getting the RAM up to it's advertised 1600Mhz after my computer is put together and I begin overclocking. As you can tell from the pictures, my computer currently is sitting on green bubble wrap
Afterwards, I wanted to tackle the problem of getting my reservoir to connect with the pump housing. Unfortunately, the base of the res does not line up with the inlet on the Koolance PMP-450, so I had to get my drill and taps out. Here you can see two stubby fittings as the connecting pieces. I swtiched to Bitspower extenders, because the Norprene tubing doesn't look very good when it's so short like that.
I began drilling a 7/16" hole where I wanted the new port to be.
Next I took my G1/4 thread tap and slowly thread it through the hole I had just drilled. While a tap like this ran be almost $20, I've found that it opens up a whole other world of options when to comes to watercooling; I don't have to worry about number of ports, or where the ports are located since I can just create my own.
I purchased some thumbscrews from my local hardware store to use as motherboard screws. It's a nice little touch that can get rid of the ugly standard chrome screws when the motherboard is secured.
This was the biggest part of my modding for the night. I attempted to use Norprene tubing for this, but the wall on 1/2"x3/4" is just too thick to be able to make this bend. Digging into my box of Bitspower extenders, I eventually found the right lengths to make a hard tube.
That chrome extender you see in this picture is not permanent. I had to use an EK fitting extender because I ran out of Bitspower ones of that size.
Installed the compression fittings on my new CPU block. Koolance CPU-370SA to match the PMP-450
Last but not least, I installed the final 140mm Noctuas on the front of the case.
Next comes the hardest part of the build, creating the top piece that covers up the top 360 fans and front of case! If you've got any tips, please let me know, I'm a little stuck at this point.