Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Coding and Programming › Web Coding › Could someone help me with a simple script?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Could someone help me with a simple script?

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
There's a website that has three small forms, that you enter numbers in, then click enter. What I want is a script that fills out those forms, hits the enter button, waits 30 seconds, and repeats. Is something like this possible? If so, would you guys be able to help me with it, or give me some good resources so I can learn myself? And lastly, would it be possible to run it in the background?
post #2 of 21
Can't possible imagine why would you want that biggrin.gif

Anyway, the easiest way would be to download a macro program that records your movements and then plays them again. There are many, many are free, others have trials.

As for a script that could run in the background, I would use linux bash.
With the help of any browser for the command line, for example lynX, and this can be done with the EXPECT command (read it's manual or google for examples), plus the WAIT command.



By the way, welcome to the forums.
post #3 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EduFurtado View Post

As for a script that could run in the background, I would use linux bash.
With the help of any browser for the command line, for example lynX, and this can be done with the EXPECT command (read it's manual or google for examples), plus the WAIT command.

Would it be an easy script to write in linux? I have an Ubuntu VM that I could run it on, but also a Windows VM that I could run the macro on; what would you recommend and what do you think would be easiest?

And thanks for the welcome!
post #4 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oathdynasty View Post

Would it be an easy script to write in linux? I have an Ubuntu VM that I could run it on, but also a Windows VM that I could run the macro on; what would you recommend and what do you think would be easiest?
And thanks for the welcome!

If you want to paste the same info on the forms a macro program will be the easiest (considering you are not a linux guy)

Now, if your information chances like a loop iterator (1 then 2 then 3 then 4 and so on) it should be easier to write down a simple script.
Maybe EXPECT is not even necessary.
post #5 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EduFurtado View Post

If you want to paste the same info on the forms a macro program will be the easiest (considering you are not a linux guy)
Now, if your information chances like a loop iterator (1 then 2 then 3 then 4 and so on) it should be easier to write down a simple script.
Maybe EXPECT is not even necessary.

Well there are three separate forms right next to each other. It might be easier for you to just see the website so you can get a better understanding.
post #6 of 21
How does that work? Will you put always the same number?

All you need to do is download a simple free macro recorder on your windows VM, record you clicking the mouse on each field, type in the numbers, click the button and done. Then program the software you find to loop and wait 30 seconds between repetitions.


By the way, it's only one form, with three input fields biggrin.gif
post #7 of 21
So, you want to spam ring someones phone every 30 seconds? biggrin.gifrolleyes.gif I could do that with AutoHotKey but I'm not really inclined to.
Not SLi any more
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 4.0 Asus P6TD-Deluxe EVGA GTX770 SC 6GB XMS3 @1530 cas7 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel X25-M 80GB OCZ Agility 120GB Intel X25-M 40GB LG Blue ROM DVD RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Water cooled w/ T-Balancer BigNG Win 7 x64 Asus PB298Q Cherry 4100L 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX1000 MM UFO-U2 R.A.T. 7 Contagion G.L.I.D.E 9 
AudioAudio
Xonar Essence STX SR80i, DT770 or HT-R518 w/ Monitor Audio BR's 
  hide details  
Reply
Not SLi any more
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 4.0 Asus P6TD-Deluxe EVGA GTX770 SC 6GB XMS3 @1530 cas7 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel X25-M 80GB OCZ Agility 120GB Intel X25-M 40GB LG Blue ROM DVD RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Water cooled w/ T-Balancer BigNG Win 7 x64 Asus PB298Q Cherry 4100L 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX1000 MM UFO-U2 R.A.T. 7 Contagion G.L.I.D.E 9 
AudioAudio
Xonar Essence STX SR80i, DT770 or HT-R518 w/ Monitor Audio BR's 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 21
Thread Starter 
Welp, I tried it with my number, and it didn't call. I might have to do it outside of a VM.

Thank you very much for your help! I really appreciate it.
post #9 of 21
I saw on the web that the website is out of credits, so they can t call for now.
post #10 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren9 View Post

So, you want to spam ring someones phone every 30 seconds? biggrin.gifrolleyes.gif I could do that with AutoHotKey but I'm not really inclined to.

Whaaaaaaat.... that's totally not what I want to do! But out of curiosity, how would you do that with AutoHotkey... or do you have any good tutorials on how to do that sort of thing?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Web Coding
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Coding and Programming › Web Coding › Could someone help me with a simple script?