Had this board now for 3
8 days. Some observations.Issues:
1. If 'Power saving mode' is enabled in the BIOS, it messes up Automatic mode for CPU 2 control. The minimum speed seems to stick at some value above 'level 6' (1400rpm instead of 900rpm out of 1700rpm).
2. Fan-tastic is not so fantastic. When testing CPU FAN 1, it actually tests CPU FAN 2. The RPM speed are read from CPU FAN 1. When applying the values, it applies them to CPU FAN 2. This makes the CPU FAN 1 header completely useless if using software fan control. Update: Manual states a 4-wire fan MUST be used for speed control on this header. While I did use a 3-wire fan, it still does not explain the behavior. I have opted for a splitter on CPU FAN 2 for now.
3. When overclocked, clicking ISE in the Formula Drive app, will cause a Blue Screen Of Death.Annoyances:
1. When using Automatic mode for CPU FAN 2, the 'ramp down' speed is quite long.
2. Formula Drive takes an awful long time to start.Suggestions:
1. The manual should also include documentation on how the fans work in automatic mode. It is non-intuitive until one figures it out
2. There is no explanation what 'Power saving mode' does in the BIOS. Rumour has it that it lowers the CPU voltage by 0.1V, which would certainly mean disaster!
Otherwise a really excellent board. Stability is rock solid. Edited by leppie - 10/9/12 at 10:27am