Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Asrock Z77 OC Formula Overclocking / troubleshooting/ Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asrock Z77 OC Formula Overclocking / troubleshooting/ Discussion - Page 4

post #31 of 1118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blatsz32 View Post

I don't have the board but want to get it...but the lack of community support of Kmerrows issue at the top of this page is kinda making me wary of getting it. Everyone seems to like this board but i was hoping that the community would be a bit more responsive to issues if I were to have one. Anyway, gonna keep reading. debating atm on getting this over the weekend
Look, its a fantastic, and i mean rock solid board. I'm loving it, it is very, very easy to overclock and if you're not 100% confident there is inbuilt World Professional Overclocker Nick Shih overclock profiles inbuilt into the motherboard. there are a million and 1 ram configurations and just about everything you could ask for a motherboard.
The only CON i see really is the Twin-cooling,(every company does this though)
( why not make threaded G1/4 ports to put our own compressions in instead of putting 3/8th of 10mm whatever the hell it is. Everybody almost everywhere people use 1/2 3/4, so i don't understand why they put that there, and BARBS! Compressions are the way to go these days.
Nick Shih please tell Asrock this also, if they release a board with G1/4 threaded ports so we can put any fitting into that your motherboard ASRock will be loved 100x more.(especially by the water cooling community which is getting larger and larger).
post #32 of 1118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks keep you warm View Post

Look, its a fantastic, and i mean rock solid board. I'm loving it, it is very, very easy to overclock and if you're not 100% confident there is inbuilt World Professional Overclocker Nick Shih overclock profiles inbuilt into the motherboard. there are a million and 1 ram configurations and just about everything you could ask for a motherboard.
The only CON i see really is the Twin-cooling,(every company does this though)
( why not make threaded G1/4 ports to put our own compressions in instead of putting 3/8th of 10mm whatever the hell it is. Everybody almost everywhere people use 1/2 3/4, so i don't understand why they put that there, and BARBS! Compressions are the way to go these days.
Nick Shih please tell Asrock this also, if they release a board with G1/4 threaded ports so we can put any fitting into that your motherboard ASRock will be loved 100x more.(especially by the water cooling community which is getting larger and larger).



i just tried 1.205 vcore ratio here . It shows exactly same 1.208 in cpuz on W7.

Can u give me a capture screen with overclocking page of formula drive also ?


you idea of ports is good . i will improve it in next generation cooling . thumb.gif
post #33 of 1118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickshih View Post

i just tried 1.205 vcore ratio here . It shows exactly same 1.208 in cpuz on W7.
Can u give me a capture screen with overclocking page of formula drive also ?
you idea of ports is good . i will improve it in next generation cooling . thumb.gif
THANKYOU! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

OK so back at 1.205V, LLC level 1, i noticed also that my c states which i disabled are working.... My processor i was captured running at 28x.



Enjoy these pictures tongue.gif
post #34 of 1118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks keep you warm View Post

THANKYOU! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
OK so back at 1.205V, LLC level 1, i noticed also that my c states which i disabled are working.... My processor i was captured running at 28x.

Enjoy these pictures tongue.gif



do u use offset ? or fixed voltage ? i see ur formula drive shows offset
post #35 of 1118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickshih View Post

do u use offset ? or fixed voltage ? i see ur formula drive shows offset
I use fixed, thats the problem at 1.205V on fixed in windows it automatically enables all C-states and turns into an offset. Makes me giggle, since its only 1.205V and its not stable at 1.210V there but still an issue none theless.
post #36 of 1118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks keep you warm View Post

I use fixed, thats the problem at 1.205V on fixed in windows it automatically enables all C-states and turns into an offset. Makes me giggle, since its only 1.205V and its not stable at 1.210V there but still an issue none theless.



Did it happen when u excute the formula drive ?

Or happened after booting into windows immediately ?
post #37 of 1118
Immediately when booted in windows, I always Open CPU-Z whilst overclocking to see voltages and coretemp for temps, CPU-Z was reporting 1.384V and temps shot to 59C.
post #38 of 1118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks keep you warm View Post

Immediately when booted in windows, I always Open CPU-Z whilst overclocking to see voltages and coretemp for temps, CPU-Z was reporting 1.384V and temps shot to 59C.



have u enabled formula drive auto starting after booting in OS ?
post #39 of 1118
OK so i just downloaded the new version of Core Temp was using 0.99.8 now RC4
VID at Full load is 1.401V and CPU-Z is saying 1.216V
BIOS set at 1.225V 44x LLC 1

Which program do i trust, do i need to rma this board? Seems like the board has untrusted readings.

post #40 of 1118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickshih View Post

have u enabled formula drive auto starting after booting in OS ?
I will test this now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Asrock Z77 OC Formula Overclocking / troubleshooting/ Discussion