Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [Anand]The iPhone 5 Performance Preview
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Anand]The iPhone 5 Performance Preview - Page 6

post #51 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Prophet View Post

In the context of every benchmark in the Anand link (which is several), his statement is correct. And that's obviously what he was referring to.

I did not see that context, because an all inclusive term was used.

It's the same logic Apple used to claim the iphone 5 was the thinnest smartphone ever. Well, we didn't mean ever! Obviously we meant ever for apple.

Yeah, not buying it.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 (4.20 ghz @ 1.312v) Asus p6T are for nerds 6gb Corsair xms3 6-6-6-18 @1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 120gb Lite-on 24x dvdr/w Win 7 64 Asus 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Legitech Illuminated Cooler Master Silent Pro 700 Cooler Master 690 Cyborg R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
big ol fatty 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 (4.20 ghz @ 1.312v) Asus p6T are for nerds 6gb Corsair xms3 6-6-6-18 @1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 120gb Lite-on 24x dvdr/w Win 7 64 Asus 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Legitech Illuminated Cooler Master Silent Pro 700 Cooler Master 690 Cyborg R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
big ol fatty 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52 of 208
really dude.....jealoussmiley.gif
MCP
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-2600K 4.5 24/7 Asus P8-Z68 vPRO 2x GTX 570 1028mb Corsair 2x4GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
2X WD 1TB Black Caviar  2x OCZ Vertex 4 128GB  1Tb Lacie Rugged ASUS Black 12X BD-ROM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100 4X Ultra Kaze Windows Ultimate Asus 27" LED 10,000,000:1 Logitech k360 
PowerCaseMouseOther
Corsair AX1200W Cool Master Haf-X logitech MX-518 fan controller (for 4X Ultra kase) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz T... AS Rock LGA1155 DDR3 Z77 EXTREME4 2X Sapphire Radeon Vapor-X HD 7970 GHZ OC 6GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin... 
OSCaseOtherOther
Multi boot >Ubuntu, Linux, MacOSX, Win7, Fadora Corsair 900D Phobya G-Changer 560 Radiator Watercool - HEATKILLER® CPU Rev3.0 1155/1156 Ni-BL 
OtherOtherOtherOther
PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 3/8in. ID x 5/8in. OD Tu... XSPC D5 Dual Bay Reservoir/Pump Combo Phobya G-Changer 240 Ver. 1.2 Radiator (2x) Tron - ENCOM - Legacy - Sticker - Decal - ... 
OtherOther
(2x) Tron Rinzler Clu - Sticker - Decal - Die Cut (2x) Tron - Legacy - Encom - Sticker - Decal - ... 
  hide details  
Reply
MCP
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-2600K 4.5 24/7 Asus P8-Z68 vPRO 2x GTX 570 1028mb Corsair 2x4GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
2X WD 1TB Black Caviar  2x OCZ Vertex 4 128GB  1Tb Lacie Rugged ASUS Black 12X BD-ROM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100 4X Ultra Kaze Windows Ultimate Asus 27" LED 10,000,000:1 Logitech k360 
PowerCaseMouseOther
Corsair AX1200W Cool Master Haf-X logitech MX-518 fan controller (for 4X Ultra kase) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz T... AS Rock LGA1155 DDR3 Z77 EXTREME4 2X Sapphire Radeon Vapor-X HD 7970 GHZ OC 6GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin... 
OSCaseOtherOther
Multi boot >Ubuntu, Linux, MacOSX, Win7, Fadora Corsair 900D Phobya G-Changer 560 Radiator Watercool - HEATKILLER® CPU Rev3.0 1155/1156 Ni-BL 
OtherOtherOtherOther
PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 3/8in. ID x 5/8in. OD Tu... XSPC D5 Dual Bay Reservoir/Pump Combo Phobya G-Changer 240 Ver. 1.2 Radiator (2x) Tron - ENCOM - Legacy - Sticker - Decal - ... 
OtherOther
(2x) Tron Rinzler Clu - Sticker - Decal - Die Cut (2x) Tron - Legacy - Encom - Sticker - Decal - ... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #53 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlyblunting View Post

I did not see that context, because an all inclusive term was used.

The context is clear. He said it along with other sentences referring to the benchmarks everyone is discussing in this thread, which are in the original link. That's what this particular thread is about. Why would he be referring to anything else? I really can't believe I have to explain this.
post #54 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Prophet View Post

The context is clear. He said it along with other sentences referring to the benchmarks everyone is discussing in this thread, which are in the original link. That's what this particular thread is about. Why would he be referring to anything else? I really can't believe I have to explain this.

You are explaining this because you know your argument is contrived at best. A broad claim was made, and it was clearly wrong. If something else was intended, then perhaps he had a point. If Car & Driver were testing a new prius and said it was the fastest hybrid ever, would you assume it meant toyota hybrids?

That's the problem with using terms like 'all' or 'every'
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 (4.20 ghz @ 1.312v) Asus p6T are for nerds 6gb Corsair xms3 6-6-6-18 @1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 120gb Lite-on 24x dvdr/w Win 7 64 Asus 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Legitech Illuminated Cooler Master Silent Pro 700 Cooler Master 690 Cyborg R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
big ol fatty 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 (4.20 ghz @ 1.312v) Asus p6T are for nerds 6gb Corsair xms3 6-6-6-18 @1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 120gb Lite-on 24x dvdr/w Win 7 64 Asus 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Legitech Illuminated Cooler Master Silent Pro 700 Cooler Master 690 Cyborg R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
big ol fatty 
  hide details  
Reply
post #55 of 208
Thread Starter 
Don't be upset, the S4 will likely be faster. You could always overclock to get more out of them in the meantime.
post #56 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlyblunting View Post

You are explaining this because you know your argument is contrived at best. A broad claim was made, and it was clearly wrong. If something else was intended, then perhaps he had a point. If Car & Driver were testing a new prius and said it was the fastest hybrid ever, would you assume it meant toyota hybrids?
That's the problem with using terms like 'all' or 'every'

That example doesn't work, because the guy wasn't talking about every benchmark ever. His claim wasn't wrong. He was talking about one specific set of benchmarks featured in the link this whole thread is about. Hell, he created the thread.

He even referenced the same benchmarks at the beginning of his post in a different sentence.

I can come into a thread with a bunch of Apple/Android fans arguing and say "Every person here is a fanboy." Does that mean I'm calling every single user on OCN a fanboy? Obviously not. I'd be talking about the thread I'm posting in. Get the point? Does context really need to be explained in detail to you?
post #57 of 208
Knock it off with the name-calling guys.

You're both 'right', you've made your points, you know where the disconnect occurred, so just stop with the pointless bickering rolleyes.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #58 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettjv View Post

Knock it off with the name-calling guys.
You're both 'right', you've made your points, so just stop with the pointless bickering rolleyes.gif

I knew I was right all along lol

biggrin.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 (4.20 ghz @ 1.312v) Asus p6T are for nerds 6gb Corsair xms3 6-6-6-18 @1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 120gb Lite-on 24x dvdr/w Win 7 64 Asus 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Legitech Illuminated Cooler Master Silent Pro 700 Cooler Master 690 Cyborg R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
big ol fatty 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 (4.20 ghz @ 1.312v) Asus p6T are for nerds 6gb Corsair xms3 6-6-6-18 @1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 120gb Lite-on 24x dvdr/w Win 7 64 Asus 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Legitech Illuminated Cooler Master Silent Pro 700 Cooler Master 690 Cyborg R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
big ol fatty 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 208
Thread Starter 
Except....not.

Can you point to where the SIII didn't lose to the iPhone5 in the article? Nope. Because it lost in every single benchmark, that's right, every single one.

More manufacturers need start using dual cores over these quads that don't do you any good as an end user. They only shine when a synthetic test artificially stresses all cores evenly at the same time. Real world scenarios such as launching apps, browsing and using apps behave better when their main-thread isn't bottlenecked by slower IPC.
post #60 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nope oO View Post

Except....not.
Can you point to where the SIII didn't lose to the iPhone5 in the article? Nope. Because it lost in every single benchmark, that's right, every single one.
More manufacturers need start using dual cores over these quads that don't do you any good as an end user. They only shine when a synthetic test artificially stresses all cores evenly at the same time. Real world scenarios such as launching apps, browsing and using apps behave better when their main-thread isn't bottlenecked by slower IPC.

You are really arguing semantics here. Most people understand 'every' to mean 'all'... But I digress...
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 (4.20 ghz @ 1.312v) Asus p6T are for nerds 6gb Corsair xms3 6-6-6-18 @1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 120gb Lite-on 24x dvdr/w Win 7 64 Asus 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Legitech Illuminated Cooler Master Silent Pro 700 Cooler Master 690 Cyborg R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
big ol fatty 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 (4.20 ghz @ 1.312v) Asus p6T are for nerds 6gb Corsair xms3 6-6-6-18 @1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 120gb Lite-on 24x dvdr/w Win 7 64 Asus 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Legitech Illuminated Cooler Master Silent Pro 700 Cooler Master 690 Cyborg R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
big ol fatty 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [Anand]The iPhone 5 Performance Preview