Originally Posted by Cheaptrick
By the way, according to the NBC video review of the top Android smartphone..."I don't think the Galaxy S III tears away the label of "best smartphone on the market right now" away from the iPhone 4S doesn't mean that it's not the best Android device at the moment."
It's sad for the Galaxy S III being compared with the iPhone 4S & not getting the "best smartphone on the market" award. Comparing the iPhone 5 with the Galaxy is like comparing a Bentley with Ford.
There's lots of things that the top Android contender manufacturer (Samsung) will do for it to compete with the iPhone5. Below are just some of those:
1) Flimsy construction - the Galaxy is made up of plastic & not as sturdy as the iPhone (even the old ones)
2) No folder option - the Galaxy doesn't have the drag & drop option
3) WiFi bug - this can be easily corrected by firmware update on the Galaxy
4) OLED display - on the Galaxy it doesn't hold up, there's flickering
5) S Voice recognition - very poor beyond compare with that of Siri on the iPhone
6) Phone unlock - the Galaxy phone cannot be unlock by voice
Is this true? Hard to believe NBC actually held a video of this.
1) Some argue that plastic works better. I had phones that didn't feel like "flimsy" plastic and they would break whenever I would drop them.
2) Yes, it has a folder option. The reviewer didn't spend enough time nor did they read the book to learn how to use it. You can do more with android so I suppose one could argue that it is harder to use. Still, there is no reason why a reviewer should ever miss the folder option.
3) Not as bad as the wifi bug the Iphone has.
4) The display is better than the iphone display. The flickering that some notice can be fixed in settings and or fixed with roms. Though this only proves that to some extent android is harder to use.
5) This is a opinion. Some would argue that s video is faster and more accurate and therefore better. I think google voice has them both beat and it comes with android.
6) ....yes it can. It's called hi galaxy.
What we have here is a reviewer who hasn't even tried to use the device they are reviewing for any real period of time. Out of their 6 points, 1 and 5 are opinions and nothing more. 2 and 6 are actually false. On the 3rd point, it might have a wifi bug but it still works better than the iphone5. Only real point there is the flickering that can be fixed in the settings.
I'm not even going to waste the time writing what apple would have to do to compete with the iphone 5. Like it or not, Samsung is currently
winning the mobile device race. On a personally level I'm extremely disappointed with the iphone 5. The closer the race is the better off we are as consumers and I feel like Apple cheated their fans yet again. Hopefully LG can stay in the mobile race because HTC and Motorola aren't doing so well. Don't even get me started of the joke windows has been up to this point on sales
, not on functionality as windows devices do work.Edited by CrazyHeaven - 10/3/12 at 9:43am