Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [IGN] Ubisoft reveals minimum specs for Far Cry 3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[IGN] Ubisoft reveals minimum specs for Far Cry 3 - Page 11

post #101 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Prophet View Post

You're saying that Rainbow Six, World in Conflict, Assassin's Creed, and Splinter Cell games aren't 'good' games? And that Assassin's Creed games are 'uninspired' clones?
I don't even think I need to say anything in response to this....you pretty much just killed all credibility of your posts...
Just going to back away slowly now...I've learned its not good to anger the crazy people kookoo.gif

That's exactly what i'm saying. I have no idea how you can even begin to compare a game like Assassin's creed to something like an Arcanum or a Fallout. I wouldn't even compare them to something like Thief or any other decent roguelikes in terms of stealth mechanics. Virtually the only good thing you can say about them is they look pretty, which seems to be good enough for most people around here. Sorry, but I demand a little bit more intellect than pretty graphics.

Yes, they are just clones of the original with virtually no innovation. They sell relatively well because of the brand franchise name and the pretty graphics, not because each game shatters video game standards everytime it is released, lol.
post #102 of 131
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuashke View Post

That's exactly what i'm saying. I have no idea how you can even begin to compare a game like Assassin's creed to something like an Arcanum or a Fallout. I wouldn't even compare them to something like Thief or any other decent roguelikes in terms of stealth mechanics. Virtually the only good thing you can say about them is they look pretty, which seems to be good enough for most people around here. Sorry, but I demand a little bit more intellect than pretty graphics.
Yes, they are just clones of the original with virtually no innovation. They sell relatively well because of the brand franchise name and the pretty graphics, not because each game shatters video game standards everytime it is released, lol.

LOL I cannot take you seriously anymore, sorry lachen.gif
The good thing is the AC franchise doesn't need anybody to stick up for it - jaded nonsense opinions are the easiest kind to ignore
post #103 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Prophet View Post

LOL I cannot take you seriously anymore, sorry lachen.gif
The good thing is the AC franchise doesn't need anybody to stick up for it - jaded nonsense opinions are the easiest kind to ignore

I cannot stop you if you want to run away from an argument. You can ignore my opinions if you want, but you can't ignore the tragic drop in the writing level as the series develops (both the scripted dialogue and the plot itself), the silly railroading with regards to assassinations, mouse acceleration, flawed combat, flawed economy system, lack of cohesion with regard to the minigame-like addons, moronic guard ai, complete lack of choice when it comes to quests (some of which are incredibly boring and inconsequential as well), clickfest, bomber thing clearly designed for consoletards and the list goes on...

I mean, what exactly is good about this game? It's just a parkour sim with no variety.
post #104 of 131
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuashke View Post

I cannot stop you if you want to run away from an argument.

Not running away from anything lol. Just choosing not to get into a pointless debate with a guy whos entire family was clearly murdered and raped by Ubisoft hitmen wearing Assassin's Creed T-shirts biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuashke View Post

You can ignore my opinions if you want, but you can't ignore the -snip-

Actually I can, because they're all just your opinions lachen.gif
post #105 of 131
I've presented my reasons for why I think it's a bad game, but you have declined to refute me or present your own reasons why it is good. Instead you call me names, make up silly jokes and fail to backup your claims.

No, definitely not running.
post #106 of 131
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuashke View Post

I've presented my reasons for why I think it's a bad game, but you have declined to refute me or present your own reasons why it is good. Instead you call me names, make up silly jokes and fail to backup your claims.
No, definitely not running.

Rofl, what? You didn't give a single reason why and you didn't even single out a particular game, you just listed off a bunch of game mechanics common in the series, calling them 'flawed' with no further reasoning. Which means either you really hate the game for some reason, or you're trolling. Either one is a reason for me not to get into an argument (about a video game).

The Assassin's Creed games are some of the most highly reviewed and loved out there...so like I said before...I really don't have to defend them lol
wink.gif
post #107 of 131
I believe I gave a fair amount of detail for why I thought they were bad. Does 'moronic guard AI' need any more extrapolation? By the way, I was talking about AC in general, although some of that stuff pertains to the original awhile others pertain to Brotherhood (original was boring and repetitive, brotherhood was less boring and repetitive but had a goofier story)

Highly rated, you say?



Justin Bieber is also a highly acclaimed and successful musician.

Well, if that's all you have to say, then I guess I may as well stop arguing as well. I just don't know what you expected to happen? I said they were bad, you said what about these games, I said they were bad, you called me crazy, I tried to justify it, you told me you don't need to listen to me and that the game is liked/reviewed well so you don't need to defend it either? Whatever humps your camel, I suppose.
Edited by Vuashke - 9/29/12 at 3:49am
post #108 of 131
personally, i play very little Ubisoft games, only games i mainly played was the HAWX series and the Ghost Recon online...
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkychipz View Post

8 GB of VRAM necessary for high performance applications? My 3 27" WQHD monitors will struggle with only 4, ahah. I might have to turn the antialiasing down, but then it will look ugly. frown.gif

it doesn't state vram it states system ram, 2gb vram will probably be well suffice for the game.
Edited by JunkoXan - 9/29/12 at 5:23am
JunkoXan's Build
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k (Engineering Sample) Asus P67 Sabertooth Sapphire Dual-X 280x G.Skill Sniper (2x4gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F3 Spinpoint Cooler Masters 616+ Windows 7 Upstar 20" 1080p TV 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Monitor 21" 1680x1050 Dell Keyboard Antec High Current Gamer 900W Cooler Master HAF-XB 
MouseMouse Pad
E-3lue Mazer II 2600DPI Optical Mouse Custom Made 
  hide details  
Reply
JunkoXan's Build
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k (Engineering Sample) Asus P67 Sabertooth Sapphire Dual-X 280x G.Skill Sniper (2x4gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F3 Spinpoint Cooler Masters 616+ Windows 7 Upstar 20" 1080p TV 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Monitor 21" 1680x1050 Dell Keyboard Antec High Current Gamer 900W Cooler Master HAF-XB 
MouseMouse Pad
E-3lue Mazer II 2600DPI Optical Mouse Custom Made 
  hide details  
Reply
post #109 of 131
In my opinion Ubisoft makes great games .Since 2002 i have played many Ubisoft games and liked them
Splinter Cell series ,Ghost Recon series ,HAWX 1 ,Rainbow Six series ,Assassins Creed or Prince of Persia are just few of them.They also published the Far Cry and made the Far Cry 2 .
They released masterpieces game play wise and graphical wise .
The only problems are :lack of continuous support for multiplayer (they patch the game for one year and then forget about it) and the DRM stuff in some cases (in spite of the fact the games get cracked anyway thye still make them ).
Good games liike Assassin Creed had good selling and not because they were not pirated.When you make good games people pay for them..

I am enjoying right now Ghost Recon Online Free ,it simply something new and immersive.

I am waiting for Far Cry 3 to be what FC 1 was.
   
AMD HTPC
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 6300  Asus Sabertooth 990FX R 2.0 Sapphire 6950 unlocked Geil 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Sony Corsair H60 Mepis Tetris 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG HD  Logitech G11 OCZ 750 F1 Nexus Clodius Black 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5R Mionix Creative X-Fi Xteme Music 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 860K MSI A88X-G41 PC Mate Sapphire R7 265 Crucial Elite 2 X 4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD /Seagate Optiarc/LG Cooler Master Hyper TX2 Mepis Tetris 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG HD  Logitech generic Corsair CS650 Nexus Clodius White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
A4 Crap Mionix Anus Xonar D1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 5150 ASUS AM1M-A  IGD Crucial 2X2G 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 640Gb junk SONY DVD-RW Stock OpenSuse/Ubuntu 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LED TV Logitech wireless FSP Foxconn 
Mouse
Logitech wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
   
AMD HTPC
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 6300  Asus Sabertooth 990FX R 2.0 Sapphire 6950 unlocked Geil 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Sony Corsair H60 Mepis Tetris 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG HD  Logitech G11 OCZ 750 F1 Nexus Clodius Black 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5R Mionix Creative X-Fi Xteme Music 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 860K MSI A88X-G41 PC Mate Sapphire R7 265 Crucial Elite 2 X 4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD /Seagate Optiarc/LG Cooler Master Hyper TX2 Mepis Tetris 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG HD  Logitech generic Corsair CS650 Nexus Clodius White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
A4 Crap Mionix Anus Xonar D1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 5150 ASUS AM1M-A  IGD Crucial 2X2G 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 640Gb junk SONY DVD-RW Stock OpenSuse/Ubuntu 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LED TV Logitech wireless FSP Foxconn 
Mouse
Logitech wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #110 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromihetes View Post

In my opinion Ubisoft makes great games .Since 2002 i have played many Ubisoft games and liked them
Splinter Cell series ,Ghost Recon series ,HAWX 1 ,Rainbow Six series ,Assassins Creed or Prince of Persia are just few of them.They also published the Far Cry and made the Far Cry 2 .
They released masterpieces game play wise and graphical wise .
The only problems are :lack of continuous support for multiplayer (they patch the game for one year and then forget about it) and the DRM stuff in some cases (in spite of the fact the games get cracked anyway thye still make them ).
Good games liike Assassin Creed had good selling and not because they were not pirated.When you make good games people pay for them..

I am enjoying right now Ghost Recon Online Free ,it simply something new and immersive.

I am waiting for Far Cry 3 to be what FC 1 was.

The successor to Far Cry 1 was basically Crysis since both games were made by Crytek and had a similar setting/plot twist. Ubisoft just kept the rights to the Far Cry brand.

Far Cry 3 is apparently going to be somewhere between Elder Scrolls and Far Cry 2 open world game from what I have read.
Edited by Riou - 9/29/12 at 7:14am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [IGN] Ubisoft reveals minimum specs for Far Cry 3