Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Planetside 2 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Planetside 2 Thread - Page 151

post #1501 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testier View Post

I should probably get a working mic before try to play with a group, but is there anyone on waterson vanu?

For ESFs, is the rotary gun better by a lot than default at air to air combat? I dont exactly like the default gun but it does have a lot of ammo with just a single ammo upgrade.

If you don't mind following orders, XoO is always recruiting- XoOHQ.com.
The Obelisk
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z (Z68) Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II  EVGA 9800GT ECO 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz  WD Black 1TB OCZ Vertex 2 90GB OCZ Agility 4 128GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Samsung 840 128GB Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ViewSonic VX2250 Asus VE248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudio
C4 NGen Logitech G930 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
The Obelisk
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z (Z68) Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II  EVGA 9800GT ECO 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz  WD Black 1TB OCZ Vertex 2 90GB OCZ Agility 4 128GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Samsung 840 128GB Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ViewSonic VX2250 Asus VE248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudio
C4 NGen Logitech G930 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1502 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Apocalypse- View Post

If you don't mind following orders, XoO is always recruiting- XoOHQ.com.

If someone doesn't want to follow orders then he doesn't join an outfit tongue.gif
post #1503 of 3016
$150 free Station Cash with purchase of a GTX 670...so hard not to buy one right now. I really wish I didn't need a new cylinder head for my motorcycle.
post #1504 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by mott555 View Post

$150 free Station Cash with purchase of a GTX 670...so hard not to buy one right now. I really wish I didn't need a new cylinder head for my motorcycle.

Actually it's 50$ for each of the 3 games not 150$ for one
post #1505 of 3016
Oh dang. Well that makes me feel better then.
post #1506 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

So why don't you ask several people who have 3930ks here if they see a difference...

Hint: There isn't one. The low(ish) thread count of games, plus the insane speeds people can pull with their unlocked chips blow any xeon out of the water in gaming. Period.

They also cost twice as much because:

1) It's Enterprise
2) Enterprise always cost more because they're willing to pay more due to;
3) Far better warranty
4) Far better support
5) Driver level support that isn't "Ok, we fixed this, you can have it now"
6) The ability to actually run in multi-CPU configurations (QPI/more HT links)
7) The additional memory channels
8) Better binned parts
9) Lower power consumption
10) Lower TDP
11) The fact they can actually come with more then 6 (intel) and 8 (AMD) cores

Why did you think FirePros and Quadros cost more? They're just better binned re-branded Radeons and Geforce cards after all.

Answer: Support.

Still haven't answered the question on whether L3 cache can have an impact or not. I've looked over a lot of people specs and their claimed performance, and the only thing I can't rule out as being pointless is L3 cache. People who have lower L3 but higher clocked chips still seem to get worse performance than those with more L3 and lower clocked chips.

I'm guessing. We're all guessing, of course. But I'm not guessing without reason.
My Mangled Mess
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5930k Asrock X99 OC MSI R9 290x Lightning Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 4 Custom loop Windows 7 64-bit TBD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Das Professional S series Seasonic SS-1250XM NZXT H630 Saitek Cyborg M.M.O. 7 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Invicta Asus Essence STX II 7.1 w/daughterboard Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick CH Pro Flight Throttle (soon) 
Other
Saitek Pro Flight Pedals 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @4.7 stable Gigabyte Z68ap-d3 Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 @1250/1750 8gb Samsung low profile green series 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
500gb, WD caviar blue OCZ Vertex 4 128gb SSD 24x dvdrw XSPC RASA RX360 kit 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 23" Acer Rosewill RK9000 w/MX cherry black switches PC Power and cooling 950w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Switch 810 Cyborg M.M.O. 7 Razer Scarab  Asus Xonar D1 
AudioAudio
Energy Take Classic 5.1 Home Theater Speaker Sy... Sony STRDH520 7.1 AV Receiver. 
  hide details  
Reply
My Mangled Mess
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5930k Asrock X99 OC MSI R9 290x Lightning Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 4 Custom loop Windows 7 64-bit TBD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Das Professional S series Seasonic SS-1250XM NZXT H630 Saitek Cyborg M.M.O. 7 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Invicta Asus Essence STX II 7.1 w/daughterboard Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick CH Pro Flight Throttle (soon) 
Other
Saitek Pro Flight Pedals 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @4.7 stable Gigabyte Z68ap-d3 Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 @1250/1750 8gb Samsung low profile green series 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
500gb, WD caviar blue OCZ Vertex 4 128gb SSD 24x dvdrw XSPC RASA RX360 kit 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 23" Acer Rosewill RK9000 w/MX cherry black switches PC Power and cooling 950w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Switch 810 Cyborg M.M.O. 7 Razer Scarab  Asus Xonar D1 
AudioAudio
Energy Take Classic 5.1 Home Theater Speaker Sy... Sony STRDH520 7.1 AV Receiver. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1507 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganf View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

So why don't you ask several people who have 3930ks here if they see a difference...

Hint: There isn't one. The low(ish) thread count of games, plus the insane speeds people can pull with their unlocked chips blow any xeon out of the water in gaming. Period.

They also cost twice as much because:

1) It's Enterprise
2) Enterprise always cost more because they're willing to pay more due to;
3) Far better warranty
4) Far better support
5) Driver level support that isn't "Ok, we fixed this, you can have it now"
6) The ability to actually run in multi-CPU configurations (QPI/more HT links)
7) The additional memory channels
8) Better binned parts
9) Lower power consumption
10) Lower TDP
11) The fact they can actually come with more then 6 (intel) and 8 (AMD) cores

Why did you think FirePros and Quadros cost more? They're just better binned re-branded Radeons and Geforce cards after all.

Answer: Support.

Still haven't answered the question on whether L3 cache can have an impact or not. I've looked over a lot of people specs and their claimed performance, and the only thing I can't rule out as being pointless is L3 cache. People who have lower L3 but higher clocked chips still seem to get worse performance than those with more L3 and lower clocked chips.

I'm guessing. We're all guessing, of course. But I'm not guessing without reason.

Sigh... I can point it out as pointless, watch this;

Llano/Trinity vs Ph II/Piledriver.

The difference is very minimal.
Edited by KyadCK - 2/13/13 at 12:59pm
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1508 of 3016

SO I want to get into this game.

 

I have few questions though

 

1-) Which faction does our EU server friends play in, and which server exactly so I can join them in games

 

2-) What is the objective of the game? Conquest? Becasue I remember when I joined a match, i was just in it. NEver asked to select a game mode

 

3-) Why is the GPU usage so bad in this game. At High settings I got like 40 fps in my sig rig. When I made it MEDIUM, I got like 50 FPS average with 50-60% of GPU usage.

 

Thanks guys.

post #1509 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

SO I want to get into this game.

I have few questions though

1-) Which faction does our EU server friends play in, and which server exactly so I can join them in games

2-) What is the objective of the game? Conquest? Becasue I remember when I joined a match, i was just in it. NEver asked to select a game mode
Kill people and conquer bases. There are no game modes, just do whatever you want that contributes to the battle. Could be storming the Crown on foot, flying or gunning from a gunship, taking ESF's out on combat air patrol, or ghostcapping bases, etc. You might get more specific objectives if you join an organized outfit or squad.

3-) Why is the GPU usage so bad in this game. At High settings I got like 40 fps in my sig rig. When I made it MEDIUM, I got like 50 FPS average with 50-60% of GPU usage.
All-around horrible optimization. I'd be afraid to see the code that's in this game.

Thanks guys.
post #1510 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

SO I want to get into this game.

I have few questions though

1-) Which faction does our EU server friends play in, and which server exactly so I can join them in games

2-) What is the objective of the game? Conquest? Becasue I remember when I joined a match, i was just in it. NEver asked to select a game mode

3-) Why is the GPU usage so bad in this game. At High settings I got like 40 fps in my sig rig. When I made it MEDIUM, I got like 50 FPS average with 50-60% of GPU usage.

Thanks guys.
1) no idea
2) Persistent world, all victories are temporary. The main objective is to fight a war. They're adding in warpgate taking down the road, but right now all capping a continent does is a small resource cost reduction for infantry/armor/air depending on continent.
3) Take a look into enabling ultra settings (go back a few pages) or turning on PhysX. With Ultra settings/PhysX on I get 45-60FPS and 99% GPU usage. The ultra settings let the game offload more to the graphics cards and improves performance on high end PCs. The game is very CPU heavy simply because of the scale of it.
The Obelisk
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z (Z68) Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II  EVGA 9800GT ECO 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz  WD Black 1TB OCZ Vertex 2 90GB OCZ Agility 4 128GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Samsung 840 128GB Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ViewSonic VX2250 Asus VE248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudio
C4 NGen Logitech G930 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
The Obelisk
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z (Z68) Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II  EVGA 9800GT ECO 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz  WD Black 1TB OCZ Vertex 2 90GB OCZ Agility 4 128GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Samsung 840 128GB Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ViewSonic VX2250 Asus VE248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudio
C4 NGen Logitech G930 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Planetside 2 Thread