Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Planetside 2 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Planetside 2 Thread - Page 272

post #2711 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtl View Post

The compensator and handgrip changes are the big changes that affect all weapons.

Handgrip
•The maximum horizontal recoil cap is now lowered when a grip is attached.
•Weapons with direction recoil will now lean more toward center when a forward grip is attached.
•LMG Forward Grips no longer reduce vertical recoil.
Compensator
•Increased vertical recoil reduction on all weapons.

If you don't use these attachments, you probably won't notice much of a change.

Yeah, I only use those attachements with my Gauss Saw
Hell Froze Over
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570 @ 4.0-4.2ghz Asrock Z77 Pro3 Zotac GTX670 Amp! @ 1300mhz 4*4gb Kingston 1333mhz 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2*Seagate 500gb 7200.12 Corsair Force GT 60gb CNPS 10x Performa + 2*CM Blade Master W7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung T27A550 Asus U-75HA 750w CoolerMaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
Hell Froze Over
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570 @ 4.0-4.2ghz Asrock Z77 Pro3 Zotac GTX670 Amp! @ 1300mhz 4*4gb Kingston 1333mhz 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2*Seagate 500gb 7200.12 Corsair Force GT 60gb CNPS 10x Performa + 2*CM Blade Master W7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung T27A550 Asus U-75HA 750w CoolerMaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2712 of 3016
Got my Ace wings tonight - 5 air to air kills in one life.
I've been looking forward to this day for a while now, and feel like bragging a little bit now that I finally pulled it off.
post #2713 of 3016
Yes, because getting air to air kills is SOOOOOO difficult when you are vanu scum and have a superior fighter...
Hexa Core
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820K @ 4.5 ghz GA-X99P-SLI Msi GTX 1070 Gaming 8g Corsair quad channel 16 gb ddr4 2666 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 256 GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB OCZ trion 150 480 gb HGST 3 TB 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Some random ASUS lightscribe DVD burner Corsair H105 + 2 2150 RPM Gentle Typhoon fans Windows 7 professional 64 bit xb271hu 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell u2713HM Dell 2001FP Ducky Zero Shine DK2108s Seasonic X750 fully modular PSU 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design R5 Logitech G700s Steelseries qck+ Sennheiser HD600  
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT250 250 ohm Mayflower Electronics O2 Headphone Amp + ODAC Monoprice 5 inch studio monitors 
  hide details  
Reply
Hexa Core
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820K @ 4.5 ghz GA-X99P-SLI Msi GTX 1070 Gaming 8g Corsair quad channel 16 gb ddr4 2666 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 256 GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB OCZ trion 150 480 gb HGST 3 TB 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Some random ASUS lightscribe DVD burner Corsair H105 + 2 2150 RPM Gentle Typhoon fans Windows 7 professional 64 bit xb271hu 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell u2713HM Dell 2001FP Ducky Zero Shine DK2108s Seasonic X750 fully modular PSU 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design R5 Logitech G700s Steelseries qck+ Sennheiser HD600  
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT250 250 ohm Mayflower Electronics O2 Headphone Amp + ODAC Monoprice 5 inch studio monitors 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2714 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjolnir125 View Post

Yes, because getting air to air kills is SOOOOOO difficult when you are vanu scum and have a superior fighter...
post #2715 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheByt3 View Post



Hey, it isn't my fault the Reaver is out turned by and slower than the scythe and slower than the mosquito even with racer frame. Its like the devs went and said "HEY LETS MAKE A FIGHTER THAT ISN'T GOOD AT ANYTHING!" when they were making the reaver...
Hexa Core
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820K @ 4.5 ghz GA-X99P-SLI Msi GTX 1070 Gaming 8g Corsair quad channel 16 gb ddr4 2666 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 256 GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB OCZ trion 150 480 gb HGST 3 TB 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Some random ASUS lightscribe DVD burner Corsair H105 + 2 2150 RPM Gentle Typhoon fans Windows 7 professional 64 bit xb271hu 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell u2713HM Dell 2001FP Ducky Zero Shine DK2108s Seasonic X750 fully modular PSU 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design R5 Logitech G700s Steelseries qck+ Sennheiser HD600  
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT250 250 ohm Mayflower Electronics O2 Headphone Amp + ODAC Monoprice 5 inch studio monitors 
  hide details  
Reply
Hexa Core
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820K @ 4.5 ghz GA-X99P-SLI Msi GTX 1070 Gaming 8g Corsair quad channel 16 gb ddr4 2666 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 256 GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB OCZ trion 150 480 gb HGST 3 TB 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Some random ASUS lightscribe DVD burner Corsair H105 + 2 2150 RPM Gentle Typhoon fans Windows 7 professional 64 bit xb271hu 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell u2713HM Dell 2001FP Ducky Zero Shine DK2108s Seasonic X750 fully modular PSU 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design R5 Logitech G700s Steelseries qck+ Sennheiser HD600  
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT250 250 ohm Mayflower Electronics O2 Headphone Amp + ODAC Monoprice 5 inch studio monitors 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2716 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjolnir125 View Post

Hey, it isn't my fault the Reaver is out turned by and slower than the scythe and slower than the mosquito even with racer frame. Its like the devs went and said "HEY LETS MAKE A FIGHTER THAT ISN'T GOOD AT ANYTHING!" when they were making the reaver...
You say that as if we don't have the AirHammer, which evens us up quite a bit. smile.gif
K7 DREADNOUGHT
(22 items)
 
Melted
(22 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel core i7-920 Asus Rampage Gene Asus GTX 260 9 GB DDR3 Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
2TB Hitachi SATA 7200RPM HD Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM HD Toshiba External 750 GB DVD-RW Drive 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
SpinQ Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Ubuntu 10.10 x64 Acer 24" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa 500 Watt Asus CG-5290 Logitech Wireless 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Generic Black Mat 7.2 Surround Logitech Stereo Headset Logitech G13 Gamepad 
OtherOther
XBOX 360 for Windows Controller Genius MetalStrike Pro Joystick 
  hide details  
Reply
K7 DREADNOUGHT
(22 items)
 
Melted
(22 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel core i7-920 Asus Rampage Gene Asus GTX 260 9 GB DDR3 Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
2TB Hitachi SATA 7200RPM HD Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM HD Toshiba External 750 GB DVD-RW Drive 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
SpinQ Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Ubuntu 10.10 x64 Acer 24" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa 500 Watt Asus CG-5290 Logitech Wireless 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Generic Black Mat 7.2 Surround Logitech Stereo Headset Logitech G13 Gamepad 
OtherOther
XBOX 360 for Windows Controller Genius MetalStrike Pro Joystick 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2717 of 3016
You have quite some stuff that balance out the fact that you are less maneuverable but I won't even bother telling you what they are because you obviously do not understand how balance works, also as a matter of fact it is pretty much universally known that if you are a skilled pilot in a reaver you will just destroy skilled pilots in other ESFs, it just takes skill to be good with a Reaver if you don't like that then you might want to play a game that requires less skill.
post #2718 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by willis888 View Post

Got my Ace wings tonight - 5 air to air kills in one life.
I've been looking forward to this day for a while now, and feel like bragging a little bit now that I finally pulled it off.

Congrats on achiving your milestone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjolnir125 View Post

Yes, because getting air to air kills is SOOOOOO difficult when you are vanu scum and have a superior fighter...

Hey, dont rain on his parade. It may never happen again smile.gif
post #2719 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheByt3 View Post

You have quite some stuff that balance out the fact that you are less maneuverable but I won't even bother telling you what they are because you obviously do not understand how balance works, also as a matter of fact it is pretty much universally known that if you are a skilled pilot in a reaver you will just destroy skilled pilots in other ESFs, it just takes skill to be good with a Reaver if you don't like that then you might want to play a game that requires less skill.

Yeah, nice mature response...

These are the ONLY features the reaver has: stronger vertical thrust (but not by much) and a shotgun with super limited range.


A mossy with no upgrades is faster than a racer 3 reaver when cruising, and a scythe has a faster top cruising speed than the reaver and is more maneuverable. The scythe is very hard to hit from one side and somewhat easier to hit from the other, while the mossy is hard to hit from any side, especially if it is rolling. The Reaver also has faster afterburner speed, but this is totally irrelevant in a dogfight. I can kill typical pilots in dogfights very easily, but when going up against a good pilot I simply can't out turn a scythe and I can't outrun a mossy; nor can I chase after them.

But please, instead of arguing the facts, continue to make personal attacks on me; it really reflects well on your maturity as a person.
Hexa Core
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820K @ 4.5 ghz GA-X99P-SLI Msi GTX 1070 Gaming 8g Corsair quad channel 16 gb ddr4 2666 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 256 GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB OCZ trion 150 480 gb HGST 3 TB 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Some random ASUS lightscribe DVD burner Corsair H105 + 2 2150 RPM Gentle Typhoon fans Windows 7 professional 64 bit xb271hu 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell u2713HM Dell 2001FP Ducky Zero Shine DK2108s Seasonic X750 fully modular PSU 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design R5 Logitech G700s Steelseries qck+ Sennheiser HD600  
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT250 250 ohm Mayflower Electronics O2 Headphone Amp + ODAC Monoprice 5 inch studio monitors 
  hide details  
Reply
Hexa Core
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820K @ 4.5 ghz GA-X99P-SLI Msi GTX 1070 Gaming 8g Corsair quad channel 16 gb ddr4 2666 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 256 GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB OCZ trion 150 480 gb HGST 3 TB 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Some random ASUS lightscribe DVD burner Corsair H105 + 2 2150 RPM Gentle Typhoon fans Windows 7 professional 64 bit xb271hu 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell u2713HM Dell 2001FP Ducky Zero Shine DK2108s Seasonic X750 fully modular PSU 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design R5 Logitech G700s Steelseries qck+ Sennheiser HD600  
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT250 250 ohm Mayflower Electronics O2 Headphone Amp + ODAC Monoprice 5 inch studio monitors 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2720 of 3016
Wow, its starting to look like one of the 'offical' Planetside 2 forums around here lately. Can we please leave the snide comments to those other forums... Id expect better on OCN.

/rant off
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Planetside 2 Thread